ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 mpg!

LY R26
well im just getting annoyed now because everytime i seem to get in my car the mpg goes down, it was sitting at 37 when i was learning and driving like an old granny, now ive passed it was sittin at 36.7-36.7 and over the last 3 days its dropped down to 35.5mpg, whats going on?
ive tried the tire pressures but wasnt sure which was the exact psi to put it to? heard somewhere its 33 31 or something? any help guys?

well im just getting annoyed now because everytime i seem to get in my car the mpg goes down, it was sitting at 37 when i was learning and driving like an old granny, now ive passed it was sittin at 36.7-36.7 and over the last 3 days its dropped down to 35.5mpg, whats going on?
ive tried the tire pressures but wasnt sure which was the exact psi to put it to? heard somewhere its 33 31 or something? any help guys?

Look in the book?

Clio 1.2 Billabong
I used to get 42 - 44 mpg in my 1.2 until I moved house. Now my journey to uni involves more 'third gear' driving, with more roundabouts and stop start driving etc. It rarely makes 38 mpg now, even after a service.

ST
Wow...actually moaning because it's dropped avg 2mpg..

The car has a petrol gauge, use that.

DCi 100
When it's empty, put more in.

That's the logic I go by. My MPG sucks because I do alot of short journey's, then when I take it out for a run it picks back up and is alright.

DCi 100
Weight is weight yeah, but at ~1kg per litre, ~40/45kg of a full tank is still not really that much.

Only as much as having a 7st child/small female in.

Not that I ever have kids in the car with me.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lol... I was getting 50+ mpg in my old 1.2

Utter b****cks, it isn't possible. Most I've ever seen is about 42.7 over a week, and that was drivin as careful as possible. If I drove any slower I would have been a serious inconvenience to other road users.

You're getting less mpg after you passed your test?

Plimsole are there any rocket scientists on here who can help with this epic problem?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i get like 60miles to £10 :dapprove: i rag mine everywhere tho...

Clio 182 arctic
You're getting less mpg after you passed your test?

Plimsole are there any rocket scientists on here who can help with this epic problem?

yes, you are taught to drive eco and like an annoying c**t. learning to drive the way they do these days is not safe, its f***ing annoying.

330D M Sport
35 mpg in a 1.2 is bad. I get around the 50 mark in mine if im being carefull. managed to average 68.7mpg to dorset and back a while ago so it must be the way your driving, my cars 9 years old now aswell so you should be getting better than that.

Averaging around 42mpg on mixed runs just now. Fair bit of motorway driving and alot of town driving. Getting between 350-380 miles per tank.

Better than my old car

Honda civic ep2 05
Mine can be anything up to 58mpg over a tank last i looked over 800 miles it was 38.5mpg but thats with a lot of town driving and travelling up and down to uni at 70 in a 1.2 isnt very economical either.
But im dont think theres anything wrong with those figures.

Toyota MR2
50 mile trip to Bristol with £35 in the tank and I got 56MPG was in no rush 61-65 all the way. round town with the odd motorway run i'm averaging 45-46mpg.

Currently on 54k so I needs a service to!

Bux

Golf GTD
Averaging around 42mpg on mixed runs just now. Fair bit of motorway driving and alot of town driving. Getting between 350-380 miles per tank.

Better than my old car

Thats what im getting in mine, with some motorway/dual carriageways and bristol traffic at rush hour a few days a week :dapprove:

I recently went to London and back (300 mile round trip) and averaged 38 MPG. Fuel conservation wasn't exactly high on my list of priorities, though.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, you been driving everywhere with a car full of mates since you passed your test?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Not longer after I passed and I know it's not big or clever and we all learn but my mum's 1.2 needed new discs and pads and was getting very low mpg. Within a year the engine was ruined as it used to take a beating all the time from cold etc. Maybe this could be to a lesser extent your problem?

None :(
LOL! OP's MPG figures make my 182 seem pretty damn economical considering i drive mostly in city centre.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
The most I averaged in my 1.2 was 42 on a motorway journey. All the other times it sat in mis thirties :/

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
I used to get upto 48mpg around a year ago when the car was totally standard.

Now with the alloys, springs, interior, induction kit, etc. I get between 40-45mpg depending on how I drive (although I recently got 44mpg over 300 miles (between 10 and 75 miles per trip) and I was accelerating quickly going most places (usually late for work or on the motorway between Coventry & Wolverhampton).

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Don know how people get these figures. On motorway run at 70 mine will do no more than about 43 to the gallon. Do around 80 for any period of time and it soon starts to go down. Could probably do better if I dropped to around 60mph bit to be frank if you've got the time an patience to do 60 on a motorway for a couple more miles to the gallon then you need to sort your priorities.