ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 mpg!

I'll bet it's 10x quicker too, while doing 100's of mpg :(
FFS.
I don't know about anyone elses 1.2, but mine does not like going over 5krpm either...
it may as well be a dCi!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
It wont go far over 5.5K as it has f**k all power!

My 1.2 8V will do 40mph all day long, and i RAG it... Then again, you got to with a 1.2.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
mines 2002, so i guess the cheese one? it pulls well for a 1.2 i must say, and the mpg it returns to how i drive it is quite honestly amazing!

Barely noticed any difference in fuel costs between my 1.2 and my 172, about a tenner a week if I'm lucky, and that's running the 172 on V-Power.

It's my daily so used a lot, everyday for work and then to the gfs and back 2/3 times a week. Basically does the exact same mileage and routes my 1.2 did but there's nearly feck all difference in fuel costs. Just shows how crappy the fuel consumption in the 1.2 was!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Best I got out of my 1.4 8v was 41mpg one summer, which was mostly commuting between 8.30-9am and 5-5.30pm on A and B roads with lots of junctions.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
For the way i drive my 1.2 though, (not all the time, sometimes i take my time, but most times in a rush/need to be were i wanna be! it does great MPG!

Anyways,

Night Cliosport xx

ITB'd MK1
this thread makes me LOL, I used to get over 40mpg from a 1.8 laguna, i swear it ran on fumes. I miss it. My 2 litre mk1 does 35mpg regularly, and it's tuned

LY R26
My 1.2 8V will do 40mpg all day long, and i RAG it... Then again, you got to with a 1.2.

well like nick says you have to kind of rag a 1.2 if you want to get anywhere, i change at about 4.5k if im on duallers and about 3k in town because your not going fast anyway, i wouldnt say i rag it but i do go through the revs depending on what kind of travelling im doing.

only reason i asked if there was anything that could be done to put it back up a bit is because i do alot of dual carriageway driving and town driving and petrol is at like £1.21 a litre and ive put about £130 in it in the last like 2 weeks, i drove to edinburgh but that was when i was getting about 37.6mpg, being 17 £130 every two weeks is alot!

LY R26
Lol, you been driving everywhere with a car full of mates since you passed your test?

no not really, if ive been out then il drop some friends off and that but havent been driving about with them in it for something to do.

how often would you recommend a service, il need to check when mines was last serviced before i bought it, im pretty sure it wasnt that long ago.

306 GTI-6
I used to average 39.8 in my 1.6 clio, but got it up to 46.something on a long run once, which i was well chuffed with.

My GTI now, thats a different story. Have had it as high as 39.7 on a long run, but that included drafting lorries etc. Coversley, I have had it as low as 16mpg, on a 35 mile drive. It does depend how you drive your car, and that will have changed since you passed your test.

M2 Competition
Christ. 2mpg difference is a lot, have you informed your MP?

You're getting less mpg after you passed your test?

Plimsole are there any rocket scientists on here who can help with this epic problem?

Im off to find a kitchen knife to self harm, can join me if you like?

1.2 daily +172 ph1
1.2 16v
Well after 3-4 days of driving normaly i get around 47.2 MPG but if i do ragg it a bit it ends up around 42 MPG duno the trip computer chattin SH*T TBF!.
thats with exhaust and Ktec induction kit.

Last edited:
  LY R26
Christ. 2mpg difference is a lot, have you informed your MP?

Im off to find a kitchen knife to self harm, can join me if you like?

well considering the figures other people are rattling out with 42 and above 35 does seem a bit low, ive only been driving like 2 weeks and am kind of new to all this stuff, hence why i asked, didnt expect to get answers like that back other wise i would have just left it be:)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've managed a 51mpg from a full tank covering 400 miles. Thats from a 1.4 8v W reg.

That makes no sense. If we assume there was one gallon left in the tank when it was empty, that leave ten gallons. Four hundred miles divided by ten gallons is 40mpg. To have got the 51mpg you claim you should have been hitting 500 miles+.

320d
haha , but that isnt as fun though, its all about 4K onwards! (Y) ...

Lol for the 2K rpm before it hits the limiter. Sounding like a cat being strangled. I remember that noise a lot from my 1.2 :)

Most I ever got MPG wise from my 1.2 was 56mpg on the motorway, at 50mph.

I swear my 1.2 was no better on fuel that my 1.2, there was certainly no more than 3-5mpg in it.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
had a mate drive my car and changed at 2.5k every gearchange, needless to say highest he got it was 60.4 mpg , but sat around the mid 50's

that was a fun drive

nattt

2.2 bar shed.
Has no one else read it as getting 1.2mpg? Drive like a real hero and you might just get that... :cool: