ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 mk2 ph 2 clio Electric PAS

1.2 16valve sport
Does anyone know if this system has its own ECU or requires the Engine ECU to run. As i have fitted a 2.0 williams engine and it does not currently run ( i have deleted the old engine ECU) would i need to put the old engine ECU in to get it to work, or issit a case of giving it VSS sensor signal?

Any help would be appriciated

172/1.2/E30
Own ECU on the column. Gets +,-, speed signal and a signal from the angle sensor on the rack afaik.

Btw: Just get rid of it.

1.2 16valve sport
Thanks pink, ye ive being doing without it for ages. But would be nice to use it got a while miss it sometimes. For hard driving i can unplug it. Wonder why mine isent working then, so were does it get the speed signal from?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Speed signal is derrived from the ABS ring gear which is interpruted via the ABS Module and sent to the ECM. This then sends it to the UCH which works out the speed based on the rolling radius programmed to it and sends it to everything else such as dash clocks and ePAS that needs the input value so in short no ECM, no worky!

Best bet is to either modify the standard wiring loom and run the car on a standard management with a remap for a 2.0 unit OR run it on aftermarket management that can support your needs. I don't believe the ePAS "needs" the VSS signal to work, just a +12v and an earth BUT if its wired to the standard setup then it will.

172/1.2/E30
The steering might be very light at higher speeds without the VSS. But you could "switch" the ECU for parking etc.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's how Fiat does it I believe with the "CITY" button on the Puntos... either that or it ramps the pump speed I forget now but yeah, it will be floatly light.

1.2 16valve sport
so if the speed signal goes from ABS module to ECM to UCH, why did my speedo work with the F7P engine and no mark 2 ECM?

Confuzzled

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I don't know... maybe you've answered your own question though as to why its not working now in that its something you've not done when you've changed the engine again?

1.2 16valve sport
because the clio already has the eletric rack in there and i liked the feel of it when it worked, to fit a 172 pas setup would be a lot of hassel with fluids mounting a pump ect ect. I think it might be something to do with one of the wires in the engine bay from the interior must be given a signal when the engine starts to "live" the pas. Now i need to find which wire it is and find out what voltage or type of signal it requires ?

Any ideas or wiring diagrams?