ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 extreme - Losing Revs, Chugging, Cutting Out

1.2 clio & V12 t/turb CR2
on Friday on the way home (after 100 or so miles of driving) the engine management light appeared and the revs dropped (without me taking my foot off accelerator) engine management light went out and revs went back to normal. It carried on doing this all the way home (especially if i dropped below 4000 revs) at one point the revs died all together giving me no drive so i had to pull over and switched off) i started up again and it run fine but carried on losing revs before 4000. On saturday took it to the garage came up with some faults on the computer :

Air Temp Sensor
Crank Sensor
Pedal Accelerator

and a few more, though because it was running fine at this point the garage wasnt totally sure what it could of been so, they told me to drive it for a bit until it came back on, which it didnt....did about 50miles all through the day absoloutly fine. Sunday morning fine but then started doing it again on way back down the motorway and again cut out. Then it started again, travelled most of the way back then it started to do it after 4000 revs aswell, made it back and left it over night. Came to start my car this evening drove about 800 metres and sam happened again losing revs and causing itself to stall/cut out. so much so cant really drive it anywhere ...Any Ideas??

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hello mate I had a very similar problem with my Clio I while back, basically took me months to get the bottom it because it was so intermittent, got to the point where I actually thought it was just me being a s**t driver. In the end I took it to good old Renault as a couple of other places couldn't put their fingers on it. Ended up being that my engine had munched through my wiring loom. Got it all fixed and its working fine now. Could be that?