ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 clio 16v Progress Thread.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Started off like this..

21032009082.jpg

22032009089.jpg

Photo0096.jpg

then i got the rims and bonnet sprayed gun metal grey..

Photo0311.jpg

Photo0316.jpg

P081201_06-04-10-1.jpg

then i got sum 15s... 17s looked too bigg :(

29638_386380867902_679552902_397-1.jpg

31689_388455372902_679552902_401189.jpg

then painted some of the details yellow..

28489_397574077902_679552902_424473.jpg

28489_397655172902_679552902_424-1.jpg

28489_397655372902_679552902_424670.jpg

then sprayed these rims ford graphite grey.. :)

28473_399448247902_679552902_429885.jpg

28473_399447857902_679552902_429884.jpg

28473_399383872902_679552902_429777.jpg

Next too be done is lowering and colour coding i thinkk :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
im a poor boy tho :( lol cant afford coilies id have to save up for aaaaaaagesss :/ can get some 60mm springs for £65.

There's coilies for £160 odd quid so not that much.

I still cant afford em lol

Go 60 then, will look good.

Vectra
Change Wheels
Remove Sun-Strip
Bonnet Blue Again , Black Look Sh*t
Black Calipers/Drums , Red And Blue Looks Sh*t
Lower On Coilovers Not Springs
Black Detailing (Badges/Diamonds)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Change Wheels
Remove Sun-Strip
Bonnet Blue Again , Black Look Sh*t
Black Calipers/Drums , Red And Blue Looks Sh*t
Lower On Coilovers Not Springs
Black Detailing (Badges/Diamonds)

Agree totally, have a look round some of the other progress threads for inspiration, thats what i try to do ;)

Clios look good with basic suttle mods not big shouty stickers imo

Look for some standard clio alloys, speaking of which i may be selling some 15" dynamique alloys in a week or so =P

P.S apologies for spelling, its early ;)

1.2 16v Dynamique
cheers for feedback guys i want to keep the bonnet gonna get roof done eventually, and deffo going to lower it and loose the sunstrip :) and what do you guys think of a bonnet bra? yay or nay?

Last edited:
  Vectra
Wake Up , Black Bonnet/Black Roof Specially On That Colour Will Look Terrible!

Again Lower It On Coilovers Not Springs

Lose The Wheels!

Bonnet Bra Is A No!

Your Trying To Hard Mate , Simple But Effective Mods Work Better IMO

Am Not Sure On The Username But Some Lad On Here Had The Exact Same Colour Clio As You All He Done Was Get Some OZ Superleggera's And Some Coilovers And Colour Coded Bumpers Looked Amazing Very Simple But VERY VERY Effective!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
At the minute pal the black bonnet looks like you bashed the old one and just stuck the bonnet from a black one on it without painting it...

Vectra
Picture Don't Do It Justice Haha , You Could Take A Picture With A Camera Worth ££££s And You'd Still Get The Same Replies

Like I've Already Mentioned..Some User On Here Forgot The Username Now But..He Had The Same Colour As You And It Look Amazing!
All He Done Was Fit Some Coilovers > OZ Superleggera's And Few Lil Things Like Colour Coding Etc..If I Had That Colour I'd Go Down That Route Too!

1.2 16v Dynamique
yeah well thats your opinion, and i have no care for it. im not minted, i cant just freely buy what ever i want for my car, i like my bonnet end of. iv seen other clios with it and i like it so MEH

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Good on ya mate...enjoy modding your clio cause the end of the day its your car and you should be individual (fair enough I agree standard and JDM looking does suit and looks amazing) however Im in the same position as you with mine matey (I have a carbon bonnet and morettes etc and therefore not to MANY peoples taste) but aslong as you happy thats what counts mate!

Ignore the negative and take any benefit / positive feedback from the decent people on here mate!!
Kep up the good work.

Jamie

1.2 16v Dynamique
yeah cheers mate glad to see not everybody is patronizing on here. just had a look at your car, looking nice :)

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Good on ya mate...enjoy modding your clio cause the end of the day its your car and you should be individual (fair enough I agree standard and JDM looking does suit and looks amazing) however Im in the same position as you with mine matey (I have a carbon bonnet and morettes etc and therefore not to MANY peoples taste) but aslong as you happy thats what counts mate!

Ignore the negative and take any benefit / positive feedback from the decent people on here mate!!
Kep up the good work.

Jamie

+1

Don't really wanna get into an argument here, but HeadK7, you can't say that about someone's car, it's not to you're taste fair enough but there was no need to say such a hurtful thing about OP's car. Out of order really, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. You wouldn't like it if someone came on your thread and said your car looks like sh*te.

Sorry, just had to say something, really irritated me reading that negative comment.

I'll be on my way now, I've said my piece :rasp:

Oh and Jme17Clio​, well done for sticking up for yourself dude!

(s)Low Dynamique
Looks cool, I think you should lose the sunstrip, deck it and get an RS grille! RS grille first though, really does smarten the whole front end up, I know someone selling one (could of sold it not sure) cheapish in the manchester area if you're interested :)

But yeah ignore everybody, do what you want to your car, at the end of the day you pay the bills!

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Looks cool, I think you should lose the sunstrip, deck it and get an RS grille! RS grille first though, really does smarten the whole front end up, I know someone selling one (could of sold it not sure) cheapish in the manchester area if you're interested :)

But yeah ignore everybody, do what you want to your car, at the end of the day you pay the bills!

+1 on the RS Grille, fitted mine the other day, looks heaps better for it!

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Awesome comments guys!! I agree with all the past 4 comments...this forum is made for encouragement and people to feel apart of a team etc....Dont listen to any negative comments etc....if we did this forum wouldn't exist!!
Nice one for doing your own thing matey and keep it up - will keep an eye on this thread! =)

clio 5door sport rep
looks horrid at the moment pal.... looks like its going through an identity crisis.... get a blue bonnet.... lose the sunstrip... and get a rs grill. and lower and youl be on your way. get some 16 inch alloys maybe 172 alloys and lower 40 mm.

Vectra
+1

Don't really wanna get into an argument here, but HeadK7, you can't say that about someone's car, it's not to you're taste fair enough but there was no need to say such a hurtful thing about OP's car. Out of order really, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. You wouldn't like it if someone came on your thread and said your car looks like sh*te.

Sorry, just had to say something, really irritated me reading that negative comment.

I'll be on my way now, I've said my piece :rasp:

Oh and Jme17Clio​, well done for sticking up for yourself dude!

Right..It May Seem That I Have Been Abit Unfair Or Whatever Saying His Car Is Sh*te, Am Not Going To Go Back On My Word About That Either...My Clio Has A Custom Sprayed Roof Cars Silver Roof's Gloss Black But It Goes With Wheels/Tint/Badges...I Dont Get Negative FeedBack From People About It...Jme17Clio Has A Blue Car But Black Bonnet..Looks Like Its Been In An Accident And He CBA To Get It Sprayed..Personally I Dont See Why He Is Doing It..He's Spraying It Black To Be Different..I Couldnt Agree More With Him About Wanting To Be Different But What He's Doing Doesnt Look Like It'll Ever Stand Out Itll Just Look Like Another Chav Fail IMO

Jme17Clio You Dont Need To Be "Minted" Or Loaded Whatever You Wanna Call It..If You Went My Route With Your Car I Know That Sounds Nasty But It Would Look Stunning..."Not Like A Crash Damage" You Would Probably Spend Less..

But Its Your Car And I Look Forward Seeing You Ruin It..

clio 1.2 blue
At the end of the day i dont see no difference about it, go lakeside cruise on a saturday night and theres plenty of these chav style looks going about. I have the same car and believe me black does not go with this blue, got black wheels atm and i hate them. If i was you i would put it back to standerd and just lower it with a bit of yellow and you would have a very clean car mate .

1.2 16v Dynamique

Cheers mate :) the sunstrip has already gone ;D and im saving for an rs grille (£60 on ebay new)

1.2 16v Dynamique
im not ignorant i just dont want a car the same as someone elses, and i dont want to "go down your route" i want my own car simple as.