ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Power

I sold my mk1 clio abit ago but my girlfriends sister has a 2004 (i think) clio.

Shes wanting abit more "poke"

I dont really think it would be worth doing anything and its going to be costly for any small gain.

Whats possible to be done to it and how much? chips, filters, etc

Lionel Richie
not really,

exhaust
induction
homemade decat

mileage is the key to power out of those engines, 80,000mile car will always be quicker than a 10,000mile car (same goes for all other renaults too!)

must have been someone else that spent loads for little gain then. how did u home make a decat? just wreck the insides of yor cat?

2002 172
how loud did it make it wen u took the insides out ov ur cat, did it make a gd difference?
im thinkin ov doin it to mine but my exhausts well loud as it is?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i did that to mine...adds bhp for sure, and makes exhaust sound louder/lower....well worth doing.

//btw i didnt smash mine, it broke by itself...never smash them, they're expensive!

clio 1.4 rt
omg how dare you smash in ur cats!!!! there like 400-600 quid each dudes!!!! just buy the de-cat pipes for about 25 quid and sell your cat to breakers yard or on ebay, ppl are always in need of cheap replacement cats!!

ur choice but be careful as if uve smashed the cat and need a new one to mot ur screwed.

Last edited:
  clio 1.4 rt
andy_p7777 said:
suppose but cant get a de cat pipe for that 1.2 16v 2001> or am i wrong?

you could always get one made for you for cheap, i know some one in bolton whod probs do it, but any auto engeneer or good mechy should be able to fabricate/get hold of a new pipe

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Fred2001Dynamic said:
mileage is the key to power out of those engines, 80,000mile car will always be quicker than a 10,000mile car

listen to this man, mine is at just under 120,000 miles and you can actually feel the difference between it and other 1.2 16v's that ive been in

2002 172
did the car run ok wen u put that homemade decat on, did it not bring any lights up on the dash or awt? ive just got miself another cat from the scrap yard and goint to empty it n put it on tmoz, r they easy to fit?

ph2 172
Martin_89 said:
listen to this man, mine is at just under 120,000 miles and you can actually feel the difference between it and other 1.2 16v's that ive been in

Jesus dude I thought my 53 reg with 44,000 was high mileage. Did you buy it with high miles?