ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v 0-60mph

Just a post to see if anyone has measured there 0-60mph time with a timing device like a AP-22 etc.

I normaly get around a 12.5 using my AP-22.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

12 sec is about right

although my car feels like 10-11 sometimes

i used to think the same tom

but whenever i used to test it it took me about 12.5 on the stopwatch

Ye I know. I use to think my car was around 11.5. But I got my AP-22 and the truth came out. At first I thought it was the AP-22 but I tried it on my mates Megane 2.0 16v and he recorded a 8sec 0-60mph which is about right.

What have you 3 done to you 1.2 16vs then??? coz thats pretty a pretty good time bambam! & you two got the best times on the site didnt you at the quarter miles or somet??

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 29 August 2003

12 sec is about right

although my car feels like 10-11 sometimes
This is something which fascinates me. How some drivers may be able to feel a second. It takes me about 35 mins to drive to London give or take a second.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

They reach 60mph?

promise thats the last joke I will make.. I had a 1.2 as a courtesy car and it was pritty damn nippy for what it was, and ofcourse very insurance friendly which is what counts when your not an old bugger like me (24).

Titanium 182

painfull ;) nah, i actually think my mates 1,2 16v feels as fast as my vtr when im in it, and was very impressed which i thought i wouldnt be :)

mine feels bout 10-11 as well but when ive timed ive got closer to 13

where can u get an AP-22 and how much do they cost

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 29 August 2003
What have you 3 done to you 1.2 16vs then??? coz thats pretty a pretty good time bambam! & you two got the best times on the site didnt you at the quarter miles or somet??

mine is (was) the quickest 1.2 16v on the site :D and will remain so until someone beats my 1/4 mile time of 18.062, fred come close, but i just pipped him

the only mods i had on my car were k-tec exhaust and s-spec induction kit

10 minute job, already told you, i even have the tools (but no car)

well whenever you can make it into the area, or i have a car and can travel down to a dragstrip near you

its a deal

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 29 August 2003
hehe! is the viper kit actually worth the 250 notes m8?

NO!!

sounds good, but unless you have the ECU remapped you will struggle to gain any power increase

that is a mighty impressive claim

sadly i live far too far away from york to just pop down, even more so my car has gone walkabouts

im sure someone nearer is prepared to have this tested with their AP-22

i thikn i may have been quicker than 11.88 in one of my runs because i crossed the 1/8 mile beam at 59.38mph in 11.470 secs

may have been quicker in that one, not sure though

clio sport mk1 golf

chloe can do that easily too. since ive remapped my intake design system shes got so much cold dense air shes like a new car. Im getting some bits made for me next week hopefully to complete my engine cooling system. She used to cruise the m1 at 90mph and now she can cruise at 115mph the speedo says over 125mph o 115 is about right. ps chloe also goes faster as i give her lot of love and affection. she has never let me down, shes never rattled and my reno garage love her too.

shes a star.:oops:

How much does it cost to get a ECU remapped bambam & is it worth it ?

And is it worth doing it after uve got and exhaust and viper? instead of in the middle etc etc.

Youll find that to have your ECU remapped you will need a piggyback ecu like a Dastek. Ive asked Superchips about one but they are not doing one. I think Hill Power are looking into remapping the ECU.
It will be worth it as when I had mine rr they found that it was running rich at the top end both with and without my viper installed.