ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0% Interest Free @ Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK

M240i
Ah cool. Is a work iPhone so i dont care that much (we have huge data allowances), but dont want to take the pi55 lol ....

Is a weird one really, in all seriousness, the only thing i would use an iPad for is to come on CS, via Tapatalk (but on a bigger screen than my phone) and not sure if thats worth 400 quid :eek:

Yes, yes it is.

Stick it in your spreadsheet and watch the cells agree.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Who's ordered anything with this deal? What are your estimated delivery dates?! Mine is 21st-23rd December :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Who's ordered anything with this deal? What are your estimated delivery dates?! Mine is 21st-23rd December :(

They always seem to put long delivery dates on stuff but it usually comes pretty quickly. My iMac came over a week early.

For those getting the iPad2

Might be worth considering this. I have the wifi only one and all I need to do is turn my HTC into a portable wifi spot and connect to it.

3G where ever I can get signal without paying extra or paying for the sims bonus.

330Ci cab
For those getting the iPad2

Might be worth considering this. I have the wifi only one and all I need to do is turn my HTC into a portable wifi spot and connect to it.

3G where ever I can get signal without paying extra or paying for the sims bonus.

nice little heads up that :) i will hold back on getting a sim and try it out when i get my ipad

What's tue benefits of an air, to me they seem like an iPad but in laptop form or am I missing something?

They probably weigh similar to an iPad, but that's about it.

An Air is essentially just a thinned-down, sexier version of the Macbook Pros - the only real advantage I'd say is the portability factor. I've got one and love it; use it everyday. I worried about the lack of disc drive in it, so made sure I got a usb superdrive with it. But I've honestly only used it once or twice.

I've been carrying around before today and forgot it's there it's so f**king light.

I was trying to avoid this thread, but an iPad + new iPod for the gym is really is looking tempting at the minute..

DB.

BMW 440i
Quite a few people lured into buying Apple products by the 0% deal. Good business decision for Apple i suppose.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Quite a few people lured into buying Apple products by the 0% deal. Good business decision for Apple i suppose.

Definately.

I've only ordered one because of it, never even considered them before!
But after doing some research I should be able to merge my 3 laptops into one so fingers crossed it ends up being a good decision!

Was just thinking that, I don't know how well, or even if they've advertised it at all, but they should be quids in surely. Even if its just from the CS lot.

Genius.

Megane 225 F1
They aren't even losing money though. We aren't getting things discounted. If this offer wasn't on, they wouldn't have made any money as people would have waited or not even bothered. Very good marketing.

I bet they make a few 1000 from CS alone.

AK

M240i
They aren't even losing money though. We aren't getting things discounted. If this offer wasn't on, they wouldn't have made any money as people would have waited or not even bothered. Very good marketing.

I bet they make a few 1000 from CS alone.

You're not getting anything though?!

M135i, 118 coupe
I just don't think I'd have a use for the air, was considering one instead of a new pro, but then all I used my pro,for was, movies surfing the web and traveling. What do you use your air for?

just to let u know yes i did order it from next on intrest free , delivered in 5 working days !! just also ordered a silicone case in hot pink lol for the mrs for xmas she better like it lol , ill keep the returns note just in case !! lol

DB.

BMW 440i
just to let u know yes i did order it from next on intrest free , delivered in 5 working days !! just also ordered a silicone case in hot pink lol for the mrs for xmas she better like it lol , ill keep the returns note just in case !! lol

When i look on Next they seem to be £100 overpriced.

Eg. 16gb wifi from Apple - £399, Next - £499
16gb wifi and 3g from apple - £499, Next - £599.

Can someone correct this?

DB.

BMW 440i
You have to be joking? Surely A) Next wouldn't overprice by £100, and B) You wouldn't just piss £100 up the wall!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You have to be joking? Surely A) Next wouldn't overprice by £100, and B) You wouldn't just piss £100 up the wall!

Maybe Next are exploiting people who can't get credit like the catalogue companies do, with their easy access interest free finance. Just bump up the prices to cover costs.

No idea if thats the reason, but it could be, and I don't think its exploiting personally, not on an iPad.

DB.

BMW 440i
A 25% mark up on a fairly evenly priced product is a hell of a lot though, surely I'm reading it wrong.

its not about credit , ive had my next card for 6 yrs im not bothered about the £100 extra its what i want so i got it to me its money well spent on the mrs , i dnt get chance to nip in to town and go apple shop and i didnt think of buying it of apple website , i was getting other presents on next so as i was looking came across it and i can remember my mrs saying she would like 1 but there expensive so i thought y not . i prob have paid over cost for it hey ho ive done it now and comes in 5 days win win

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
its not about credit , ive had my next card for 6 yrs im not bothered about the £100 extra its what i want so i got it to me its money well spent on the mrs , i dnt get chance to nip in to town and go apple shop and i didnt think of buying it of apple website , i was getting other presents on next so as i was looking came across it and i can remember my mrs saying she would like 1 but there expensive so i thought y not . i prob have paid over cost for it hey ho ive done it now and comes in 5 days win win

Mental. £100 down the drain.

Red
Right I need a new laptop. This deal is awesome so I'm getting a mac of some sort.

All I use it for is Interwebs, A couple spreadsheets, a couple word documents and my iTunes. So my question is whats the best one to get? I'm not an apple geek and know nowt.

DB.

BMW 440i
What size screen do you want?

Id go for a 15"MBP if i was buying a laptop again. (Also use the student discount link in this thread, save yourself some extra money, rather than pissing £100+ down the drain like others in here lol)

LY 182
Right I need a new laptop. This deal is awesome so I'm getting a mac of some sort.

All I use it for is Interwebs, A couple spreadsheets, a couple word documents and my iTunes. So my question is whats the best one to get? I'm not an apple geek and know nowt.

Buy my 13" 2010 MBP and let me get an iMac?

Oh no I really shouldn't! :evil:

DB.

BMW 440i
just had call from next and its gonna be delivered in next 24 hrs win win just gets better and better !!

Stop trying to convince yourself it's win win.

You wasted £100 by ordering through Next. Same product, 0% finance from the Apple site = £100 cheaper and you would have it in less than a week i imagine.

Do you want to buy her an iPhone too? Special deal. You're already on CS so you might as well buy it from me.

£22,000.

Red
What size screen do you want?

Id go for a 15"MBP if i was buying a laptop again. (Also use the student discount link in this thread, save yourself some extra money, rather than pissing £100+ down the drain like others in here lol)

Had a look and that seems win Dave. Serious noob question now, do they run excel and word?

330Ci cab
im still awaiting confirmation for the ipad, had the agreement etc from Barclays and i'd be proper chuffed if it comes before xmas like it states on the estimated delivery date.

happy xmas me!

Status
Not open for further replies.