ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60mph times

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
About 18.5 seconds give or take for the dodgy stop watch.

120d M Sport
Yeah thats fair enough like i said it was a few milliseconds out and it was a spare of the moment thing hence why i didn't use decent equiptment, but i still think its pretty good for a 1.6 and the top speed was definately correct. Yeah it sounds fast but 1.6 clios are very fast for what they are.

No they are not! Give your head a wobble...in the grand scheme of things, it's a slow car. Think VTR pace, a 106 GTI and a Saxo VTS will blow you away.

As for your timing method, it is about as effective as if you were using an abacus.

LOL quality thread this
smiley4.gif

Walsall humour ;)!

120d M Sport
Basically, what we should all gain from this thread is a bit of respec for the 1.6 clio, as really like the OP is saying it's quite a quick car, proven by his highly accurate and muppet-proof testing equipment and the 'fact' it can do 125mph on the speedo (whats that about speedo's overreading by 10% you say? nahhhh!)

Oh. Dear.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
hilarious thread!!! just read this, how can a 1.6 16v clio possibly get a 0-60 time of 8 secs? if thats the case, i imagine the 1.8 16v clio is as quick as a 172! no chance.

White clique
mines 5.8 - on 95 RON.

JUST IMAGINE what would happen if i put in super unleaded and took my seats out, the sky's the limit!

Black 172 PH2
People get too hung up on 0-60.
If a car is fun to drive then why give a toss?
Just pure willy waving

White clique
Shhh you're not allowed to be faster than a Clio.

Oh but i'll never be as fast around the twisties though, and this is all because i have run flat tyres apparantly. That could be sorted with a pops and bangs remap though, so i'll consider it. And anyway 0-60 times mean nothing, remember!

It's nice
Oh but i'll never be as fast around the twisties though, and this is all because i have run flat tyres apparantly. That could be sorted with a pops and bangs remap though, so i'll consider it. And anyway 0-60 times mean nothing, remember!

^beautiful...i love it