ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60mph times

Averaged 6.7 secs using racelogic in my black one before the itb's. After is was an average of 5.7 secs - with full interior. Though to the OP, what timing equipment did you use to time your 8.0? As thats very quick for a 1.6 - please don't tell me you used a stopwatch

Best ones are people quoting 0-60 based on the time bar of a youtube video... xD

Disastra Coupe
A bloke at work always goes on about 0-60 times. Does my head in, why do people always go on them? Just drive the car, if it feels quick and you're happy with it that's all that matters.

0-60 book times are put out the window the second the condition's aren't perfect.

120d M Sport
I timed my 0-60 the other night, counted in my head, I counted as 7.3854 seconds once I hit the magic 60.

Good or what?

Inferno 182
f**k off did you get 8 seconds out your 1.6!! Book time is 9.1, you ain't beating that, infact you'll do well to achieve it.

Well i did. I had 4 attempts and 8.0 came out as my best time, my worst was 8.9 and everyone knows that the books are always wrong. Apparently my car tops out at 120 but it will easily get to 125. Plus why does everyone think 1.6 clio's are slow, they are a hell of alot quicker than the 1.2's and 1.4's and there's not alot of 1.6's of the same size that can keep up.

53 Clio's & counting
^^ Sorry, just to confirm again, what did you use to measure this? And im guessing the top speed was gps, not on the speedo?

Inferno 182
Yeah fair enough the 0-60 was done on stop watch so will have been a few milliseconds out but it definately beat 9.1 seconds and it was 8.0 seconds my best if not very near to it. and my top speed was done on the good old tomtom

MCS R56
You've just made my day!

parkers rate the 207 gti @ 6.9 seconds
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/summary.aspx?model=1532

W
hy's it so hard to believe? Much more torque than a RS Clio.

Simple remap will bring the 207 GTI down to 6 seconds!

Let me guess, you think that the new Polo GTI won't do 0-60 in under 7 seconds? Wrong again... they do it in around 6.5 seconds ... I've seen it done. Even better, they can hit 5 seconds flat with just a simple remap.... from a 1.4!! ... Search youtube for evidence if you need it, you need to open your eyes mate

Yes, this takes the biscuit. And youtube proves it!

White clique
see, its funny really, as 0-60 times have fallen out of favour.. yet are still pointed at when someone wants to show that a clio is faster than an alternative / competitive car. When it looks like the clio might be the same as or slower, suddenly 0-60 times become pointless!

Listerine & Poledo
ooo, it's on.

Wait until I'm up there dealing with in-laws again and I'll find out exactly how many more horsepower stripes give, y0!

see, its funny really, as 0-60 times have fallen out of favour.. yet are still pointed at when someone wants to show that a clio is faster than an alternative / competitive car. When it looks like the clio might be the same as or slower, suddenly 0-60 times become pointless!

30-70 in 5th, that's the way.

Expect it to be the measurement in 5 years when all bar 3-pot turbos are banned from UK roads.

MCS R56
ooo, it's on.

Wait until I'm up there dealing with in-laws again and I'll find out exactly how many more horsepower stripes give, y0!

Expect it to be the measurement in 5 years when all bar 3-pot turbos are banned from UK roads.

Indeed.

White clique
ooo, it's on.

yes agreed that is a strong measure! I remember seeing the adverts for the Volvo T5 estates when they first came out in the 90s, and they claimed to be quicker 30-70 than a 911, which is pretty impressive if true!

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Well seeing as though your from lincoln i'm sure you've heard of martin air field? Not private, abandoned.

I only moved to Lincoln a year ago. I lived in North Lincolnshire before then. So no, I learnt to drive on Hibaldstow airfield.

53 Clio's & counting
Jlister, top speed, thats fine - but please discount your 0-60 - a stopwatch is NOT anywhere near accurate enough to time with - it will not be milliseconds - the variable between you clicking when you start, the inaccuarcy of your speedo, the time when you click the stopwatch at 60 - hell it takes a few miliiseconds from when your brain says 'stop the stopwatch' to your fingers actually doing it! As said, if the top speed was veried with a tom tom, then thats fine (though thats VERY quick for a 1.6) but until you have used a proper method of timing for the 0-60, please dont quote it - we spend our lives on here trying to explain to people about stopwatch timing/youtube vid timing etc

Audi TTS S Tronic
Jlister, top speed, thats fine - but please discount your 0-60 - a stopwatch is NOT anywhere near accurate enough to time with - it will not be milliseconds - the variable between you clicking when you start, the inaccuarcy of your speedo, the time when you click the stopwatch at 60 - hell it takes a few miliiseconds from when your brain says 'stop the stopwatch' to your fingers actually doing it! As said, if the top speed was veried with a tom tom, then thats fine (though thats VERY quick for a 1.6) but until you have used a proper method of timing for the 0-60, please dont quote it - we spend our lives on here trying to explain to people about stopwatch timing/youtube vid timing etc

But if the brain takes a few milliseconds to respond when he gets to a speedo "60mph" ... that means that he has pressed the stopwatch a few milliseconds late... therefore, his time is slightly less ;) ...

If the 1.6 was stripped out, i'd find it easier to believe, but, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't come on here saying about it and sticking to his statement if it was true

53 Clio's & counting
Im not even going to give a responce to that ;)Yeah, stripped would help - but it's natural to try these things when we are young (i openly admit trying to do it with a stop watch after i passed my test) and i was told the truth on these things, as most of us are trying to do here for him lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i got a 3 second 0-60 when i counted it 1 elephant 2 elephant 3 was well impressed with my little clio. and who said there only good in the twisties? there an immense drag car too you know! must be cuz they is so light

Inferno 182
I only moved to Lincoln a year ago. I lived in North Lincolnshire before then. So no, I learnt to drive on Hibaldstow airfield.

Ah right its about 10-15 min drive south east of lincoln. Not the best place in the world but its got a long bit of tarmac which will do lol.

Inferno 182

Yeah thats fair enough like i said it was a few milliseconds out and it was a spare of the moment thing hence why i didn't use decent equiptment, but i still think its pretty good for a 1.6 and the top speed was definately correct. Yeah it sounds fast but 1.6 clios are very fast for what they are.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Pmsl @ 207 fanboii

f**k knows what my 0-60 time is, not bothered either.

Audi TTS S Tronic
Pmsl @ 207 fanboii

f**k knows what my 0-60 time is, not bothered either.

VTEC kicked in boi init? :clown:

Since when did I become a "fanboii" ? ... :nono:

I really don't like my car as it happens ... I'm looking at getting something else :lolup:

Listerine & Poledo
I hear that a 1*2 replica, fitted with y0! exhausts and a bucket in the engine bay will do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs?

MCS R56
It was always going to go this way. Still, it makes for some entertainment. Five second Polos are where its at - I know where my money is going next.

Almost as good as the the VXR video on youtube claiming his standard Astra does 0-100mph in 12 seconds. Very standard.

Polo + Micra
You would have to spend some serious wedge to get a Polo to do 60 in 5 secs dead..

Talking map, cooler, cat back, maybe injectors - standard would be around 190-200bhp from a map alone.

yeah i've got that apart from injectors and it brings it down to about 6 (pushing about 230Bhp on a 1.8t model polo not 1.4tsi)

the new one maps to the same power as the old one around the 190-200 mark like you say

Disastra Coupe

That probably wasn't pointed at me although i am one of the people saying it's pointless.

But in my eye's it is pointless. Drive a car and see if you're happy with it. I don't mind saying the Clio is slower than other car's. I remember test driving it and being a little disappointed in the acceleration. Still bought it.

You want speed, get a bike ;) That's where the fun is.

White clique
That probably wasn't pointed at me although i am one of the people saying it's pointless.

But in my eye's it is pointless. Drive a car and see if you're happy with it. I don't mind saying the Clio is slower than other car's. I remember test driving it and being a little disappointed in the acceleration. Still bought it.

You want speed, get a bike ;) That's where the fun is.

i agree 100%

Butr take for example the Fiesta ST, just because its faster 0-60, no one ever wants to talk about this fact!