ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£700 budget, what 182 coilovers for track only?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What would you buy and why?

The only road miles the car sees are to and from the track.

Owner is a very competent driver too.

Car has 56mm bolt spacing.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I assume you want new?
I would probably go for some BC's, they get good reviews and seem the best for the price, rebuilds are cheap and custom spring rates.
I was all set on getting some until I ordered a new car so no funds now lol.
@MicKPM will tell you more.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He's got Gaz Golds on his Evo (hill climb car) and he raves about them but I've said that a fair few members on here rubbished them.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
BC's.

Damping and height adjustable and you can lower the shocks into a sleeve, leaving the bound set via springs. Also all the adjusters are at the top so no wet knees ;)

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I thought bilsteins were great! I had refreshed my entire suspension though so not sure if this helped. For anyone not racing though I can't see why they'd not be good enough...

Clio 182
I've got bc's and really do rate them build quality wise and design etc for the money.....only issue I have is they only make the one rear spring rate, due to them not being a spring on coilover at the back (someone correct me if I'm wrong though but that was what I was told when I phoned them direct last week)!
If they brought out a set with a proper coilover rear I think they'd be a better product than the Gaz gold's, just a shame they haven't!

I should be able to get you Gaz golds for £750 brand new, custom springs rates and delivery included.