ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£4,000 to cheap?

120d M-Sport
Because if i'm spending £4750* I want it to be tip f**king top.

I really don't understand people that settle for second best. Its laziness I suppose.

That car hasn't been looked after, FACT!!

Not got full history, the steering wheel is f**ked, front ends been painted, the exhaust has been bodged back together, and its had 5 owners....

(*DrRollo is far too clever! lol)

No its best value for money, if there are cheaper 182s out there with full service history etc then i apologise, how can you guys judge by s**t pics.

Personally you need to see the car up in person to know the ins and outs of it :)

120d M-Sport
lol TBH just looked through some of you old threads, quite a few parts in the wanted sections and

Quote:
But the car does not sound too good at the mo, for some reason it sounds like its misfiring when started, the sevice light is on and the airbag light is on oh and the handbrake can reach 8 clicks

Look at the post date batman, back in winter, lumpy idle and had no fuel, come test drive it, compare it to your 182 ;)

Shhh
I like the car, agree that the steering wheel is falling to bits, but they all did that.

My old 182 had the bonnet painted twice, once with the wings done. It was not crashed, just the AA man put a dent in the bonnet.

Also, it did not have a splitter, it got ripped off when i hit 2 rabbits.

I would check the exhaust brackets, the 'X' has probably perished and could cause the cat to crack.

looks like this.. (the clio has 2 of them)

cf67_2.jpg

So, not a bad find, good mileage, would like the cambelt & aux belt replaced then your laughing.

Enjoy..

How is the insurance.?

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Theres a couple of silver clios with different shades on the panels and some of them have no black bits, it seems fine in person he had a blue clio cup which was iffy as it was jumping btw 10-20 revs. These runs fine though.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
I like the car, agree that the steering wheel is falling to bits, but they all did that.

My old 182 had the bonnet painted twice, once with the wings done. It was not crashed, just the AA man put a dent in the bonnet.

I would check the exhaust brackets, the 'X' has probably perished and could cause the cat to crack.

cf67_2.jpg

So, not a bad find, good mileage, would like the cambelt & aux belt replaced then your laughing.

Enjoy..

How is the insurance.?

Well insurance is going to be 1,900 for me, yer il check them over cheers :) any more advice on how they should drive as im only use to the ph1 clio's

My uncles bouncer mate has a 182 in black, all belts just done + service etc. 68k miles, 04 plate and he wants £4k for it.

Will be going up on AutoTrader next week.

120d M-Sport

cf67_2.jpg

Enjoy..

How is the insurance.?

:hail: Atleast i'm not the only 1 then who is defending this car.

I'd hate to sell mine on here, wouldnt even bother. :rolleyes:

Why do people seem obsessed into settling for shite cars lately?

People are trying to help you dude. Look at it logically, its had 5 owners in a short space of time. It's not a classic car that you own for a few months to just say you have. It's had paint for 1 reason or another (and painted badly), the exhaust is fucked.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=438392

That would be a much better buy. Just sell your old car privately.

Also, PMSL @ it being £4k. I'm off to buy a Ferrari 430 later. Its only £10k. The fact I'm trading in a Lambo is a moot point.

120d M-Sport
Well insurance is going to be 1,900 for me, yer il check them over cheers :) any more advice on how they should drive as im only use to the ph1 clio's

Make sure it goes in gear properly 1st time, picks up speed well. just general bits like hearing no knocks etc, also read that flooring it in 3rd will show if the box is knackered as it would come out of gear. Thats from what ive read on here anyway. No rattles/knocks and everything should feel tight. Make sure you give it a blast tho as you dont want to buy it to realise you bought a lemon, power should be great in 1st and 2nd gear in low speeds. Can anyone else add anymore useful info? :)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Cheers Ridahz, il have a look out for all them :) and if it does seem a "s**t" car for any reason il leave it.

120d M-Sport
Cheers Ridahz, il have a look out for all them :) and if it does seem a "s**t" car for any reason il leave it.

Definatly mate, i guess trading in your old car kills 2 birds with 1 stone so it makes your life easier but if it is a shed i highly advise you to just get a train or road trip with a mate to see a 182 off here as you know it will be a looked after example for the same price if not less.

Also then you would still have the PH1 to sell for a little bit of cash back making it feel less that you paid.

These cars are made to be thrashed so there will be a few bad examples out there. Never settle for the 1st one you see unless you feel its good :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No matter what you pay for a car be it too much or not enough someone (especially on here) will tell you there mates mums horse but one cheaper, better condition etc

Car buying is lottery based, you get good ones and bad ones.

If your happy to pay for it then pay for it but prepare your self for the flaming of fellow man

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer im thinking of selling the ph1 buy the end of this year if i get a good 182 but my 1998 clio 1.2 is in need of some new brakes and bonnet to be sprayed so i cant sell it on so needs to be trade....but i do like that blue 182 FF clio on here good money

120d M-Sport
No matter what you pay for a car be it too much or not enough someone (especially on here) will tell you there mates mums horse but one cheaper, better condition etc

Car buying is lottery based, you get good ones and bad ones.

If your happy to pay for it then pay for it but prepare your self for the flaming of fellow man

Top reply mate! My £1800 PH1 looks a shed cosmetically but it is solid as rocks and worth every last penny of the price i paid back in december '08 :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ridahz, you keep banging on about your amazing and cheap phase-1. You seem to be forgetting; it was cheap!! £1800 now is cheap, you bought it 18 months ago for £1800 so it was f**king cheap. A few problems here and there are not worth worrying about.

This silver 182 isn't cheap. At £4750 its not cheap considering its not mint. Or had 5 owners. Or needs a new exhaust.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yer im thinking of selling the ph1 buy the end of this year if i get a good 182 but my 1998 clio 1.2 is in need of some new brakes and bonnet to be sprayed so i cant sell it on so needs to be trade....but i do like that blue 182 FF clio on here good money

PM

Steve

120d M-Sport
Ridahz, you keep banging on about your amazing and cheap phase-1. You seem to be forgetting; it was cheap!! £1800 now is cheap, you bought it 18 months ago for £1800 so it was f**king cheap. A few problems here and there are not worth worrying about.

This silver 182 isn't cheap. At £4750 its not cheap considering its not mint. Or had 5 owners. Or needs a new exhaust.

But people on here slate cheap cars saying it will have this problem and that problem. You always seem to have some sort of chip on your shoulder. Like to argue with everyone over the keyboard dont you.

Oh and service history seems to be a major factor lol obviously people dont know about cars then. Its purely HIT AND MISS regardless of history IMO!!

At £4750 it isnt cheap, its a fair whack of money but its what he can afford is it not? We all take the risk with cars. Tbh i could recommend Phase 1s all day purely because they do the same job for ALOT less.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But people on here slate cheap cars saying it will have this problem and that problem. You always seem to have some sort of chip on your shoulder. Like to argue with everyone over the keyboard dont you.

What are you, some sort of c**t??

I'm trying to help the guy you asshole. I don't like seeing people get ripped off. I'll f**king argue with you face to face. I'm Saying that there is better out there for his budget. Revels has posted one and thats without even scouring Ebay/AT/PH.

So stick that up your ass. Prick.

120d M-Sport
What are you, some sort of c**t??

I'm trying to help the guy you asshole. I don't like seeing people get ripped off. I'll f**king argue with you face to face. I'm Saying that there is better out there for his budget. Revels has posted one and thats without even scouring Ebay/AT/PH.

So stick that up your ass. Prick.

LOL keyboard warrior, i wont even rise to you grandad. You obviously think your a king behind your computer with your beer. ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well it f**ks me off Danny!

Just because I'm not a two faced c**t & I speak my mind people **** me off saying i'm a keyboard warrior.

Buy it. I hope the s**t falls apart. I'm off.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
If you want it, buy it! I would never ask advice on here about buying a car TBH. If I liked it, I would buy it, I suggest you do the same.

LOL keyboard warrior, i wont even rise to you grandad. You obviously think your a king behind your computer with your beer. ;)

You're the keyboard warrior TBH. Just trying to cause a row. Typing complete b****cks and then bitching about other people because they want a 182 and don't spend £500 on a fucked ph1.

Dan works with cars and has done for a long time as he's pretty old. Buying and selling is what he does all day, everyday, so I'd be listening to what he has to say.

120d M-Sport

Just because I speak my mind people **** me off saying i'm a keyboard warrior.

No you just think your the boss of CS chatting your s**t all the time calling people tits, tools, t***s etc! WTF is the point!! Its a forum and you come on here trying to be some big hard man when your really not.

I notice you only do it to low post count members also. Just because were not posting 24/7 like some.

People like you drive me up the fuckin wall.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Just because I'm not a two faced c**t & I speak my mind people **** me off saying i'm a keyboard warrior.

Your honesty.

I love it.

I see your point mate, things do get very irritating in here. Its almost like i have a delorean lol

120d M-Sport
You're the keyboard warrior TBH. Just trying to cause a row. Typing complete b****cks and then b**ching about other people because they want a 182 and don't spend £500 on a f**ked ph1.

Dan works with cars and has done for a long time as he's pretty old. Buying and selling is what he does all day, everyday, so I'd be listening to what he has to say.

You would say this though as you probably know him outside of CS also he has 11,000+ posts. He can work with as many cars as he likes all i was saying is service history makes no difference. Why dont you look up some of Daniels post and see how he treats people? Called me a tool just because i pay £2400 insurance. Was there any need? No.

This is a community forum where everyone should be nice. Whats arguing behind a keyboard good for? Not gonna get you very far.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Where in that post did I argue with you?? I was agreeing with you.

You seem to have a bit of a long standing problem with me... Maybe you're lacking in a sense of humour. Maybe not hugged enough as a child? Mother not offer you the breast?

You would say this though as you probably know him outside of CS also he has 11,000+ posts. He can work with as many cars as he likes all i was saying is service history makes no difference. Why dont you look up some of Daniels post and see how he treats people? Called me a tool just because i pay £2400 insurance. Was there any need? No.

This is a community forum where everyone should be nice. Whats arguing behind a keyboard good for? Not gonna get you very far.

I've never met him. I couldn't give a f**k how many posts he has TBH.

It makes a difference to a degree. 2 Clios. One is £4750 with no s/h. The other is £5500 with more stamps than a post office.

Now its obvious which to go for? Yes.

If the first one is £2750 with no s/h then it's worth the gamble.

You seem to be taking this to heart because you bought a cheap car with no history, but you got a good price!! £4750 is not a good price.

120d M-Sport
Ridahz, you keep banging on about your amazing and cheap phase-1.

Sorry but this sounded sarcastic.

You seem to have a bit of a long standing problem with me... Maybe you're lacking in a sense of humour. Maybe not hugged enough as a child? Mother not offer you the breast?

I dont have a long standing problem at all i just dont see your need to treat people as you do. You seem a very ill mannored person, you should treat people as you find them not start calling names for no reason at all. I dont find being called a tool funny? So no i must not have a sense of humour nor do i take kindly to it. Just because others wont answer you back doesnt mean i wont.

Btw i got plenty of hugs :eek: but only got bottles tho :dapprove:

So if i did get my wires crossed i apologise, and also agree theres cheaper 182s after seeing links etc and even recommended a road trip if need be.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

She wasnt shy with me- ;)

120d M-Sport
I've never met him. I couldn't give a f**k how many posts he has TBH.

It makes a difference to a degree. 2 Clios. One is £4750 with no s/h. The other is £5500 with more stamps than a post office.

Now its obvious which to go for? Yes.

If the first one is £2750 with no s/h then it's worth the gamble.

You seem to be taking this to heart because you bought a cheap car with no history, but you got a good price!! £4750 is not a good price.

And i completly agree mate but surely he can afford to pay £4000 as that is 172 PH2 money plus plenty of change. As said the link you gave was a top 1, the best 1 in this thread anyway and i said it would be worth the trip if this 1 was not good but we cant forget he needs to trade his car in as it needs stuff doing so what would be best for him in all fairness.