ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£4,000 to cheap?

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Been looking at a clio 182 on a "04" with 55k on the clock, done a check and it comes back all in order and iv checked it all over seems okay, runs nice....just want to know if anyone has any ideas if its a bargin or a trap :)

BG 182 FF
A little bit on the cheap side i think, but it could be a steal if you check but the belts and history of the car

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's £4750??

Steering wheel is shagged, front end has had a respray/been replaced, whats going on with the exhaust and has "Partial Service History"

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
I was trading in my clio 1.2 so it will be £4000, whats wrong with the exhaust when i checked it out it had some repair work to stop it blowing around the seals

182 has now gone!
My 04 plate 182 steering wheel is in better condition.. As said the front end looks like it may have been replaced/re sprayed as the black bits are missing

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's not £4k, they're giving you £750 for your old one, so it's still £4750

Exhaust shouldn't be hanging down that low, if thats the orginal exhaust to it will be knacked, they don't tend to last long at all.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I was trading in my clio 1.2 so it will be £4000, whats wrong with the exhaust when i checked it out it had some repair work to stop it blowing around the seals

So they're giving you £750 for your car, and they've bodged the exhaust....

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
My 04 plate 182 steering wheel is in better condition.. As said the front end looks like it may have been replaced/re sprayed as the black bits are missing
And the splitter, also looks a different colour.

rps13
peh, bit rough.

I especially loved this picture of it

ollerton-large.jpg

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
well the steering wheel is going to be replaced as the guy informed me, yer the exhaust will need replacing so im going to knock him down some more. Iv done a check and it hasnt come back as any damage or crashes

rps13
Well it's been crashed/ had some sort of respray.

Has cup packs but no splitter and no bumper tabs.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its a bit rough,but the price is ok.

There are a couple of pages of 182's on the trader starting from around 4100-4500,so you do have a choice.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
It didnt have any major marks or signs of past damage, just the exhaust and thumb grip on the steering wheel which are a bother to me.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The front wings have been re-sprayed, it could've been for cosmetic reasons.

I have seen several 'trader' sales on 182's & 172's from those 'type' of traders-
The type of small dodgy that is off the a roads-

I am guessing a lot of these either come from Auction or possibly unrecorded Accidents-
Bought on the cheap & done up, selling at seamingly very cheap prices-

You may get lucky if you can stomach the 'iffy' History-

S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Aye look for the missing grille stickers to, another sign of a crash.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Its had 5 past owners could this be a reason for only partial service history? and what to look out for if its been in a crash?

rps13
it's f**king 5 different shades of silver!

and it has parts missing from the factory that are write off indicators.

120d M-Sport
Whys everyone jumping to conclusions lol. The car looks fine, just because it doesnt have them black insert stickers in the bumper doesnt mean its been damaged, if your really unsure and worried about it then have a good look around for creases as there will always be damage from a crash unless it was very light.

Exhaust looks fine :S dodgy angle of the pic more like than hanging low, its not as if anyone can actually see it properly lol.

Oh and 1 thumb grip shagged on the steering wheel, hardly the end of the world and easily sorted, do these cars not come with warranty as its coming from a company? If so whats the problem? :S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Whys everyone jumping to conclusions lol. The car looks fine, just because it doesnt have them black insert stickers in the bumper doesnt mean its been damaged, if your really unsure and worried about it then have a good look around for creases as there will always be damage from a crash unless it was very light.

Exhaust looks fine :S dodgy angle of the pic more like than hanging low, its not as if anyone can actually see it properly lol.

Oh and 1 thumb grip shagged on the steering wheel, hardly the end of the world and easily sorted, do these cars not come with warranty as its coming from a company? If so whats the problem? :S

When i look for cars, if it's not 100%, and full service history i wouldn't even give it a second look.

Dodgy one
Front ends been resprayed for deff, Have a look at the wings theyre a diffent shade, They may have tried to blend them in with the bonnet and bumper if it was chipped badly on the front but laquering over the paint again will made it change,

Id have a look at it, get the bonnet up and have a good look around the front end for any obvious replaced bits, the s**t shields will also have a date stamp on them ;)

If its not been pranged but they wont replace the bodged exhaust and sort the wheel out walk away

Nothing at the mo :(

What stickers are these? :S anyone got a pic of them cause i dunno what u mean by that

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Most of the 182s front wings are slightly different shade due to being plastic.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Because if i'm spending £4750* I want it to be tip f**king top.

I really don't understand people that settle for second best. Its laziness I suppose.

That car hasn't been looked after, FACT!!

Not got full history, the steering wheel is f**ked, front ends been painted, the exhaust has been bodged back together, and its had 5 owners....

(*DrRollo is far too clever! lol)

120d M-Sport
When i look for cars, if it's not 100%, and full service history i wouldn't even give it a second look.

But you will always end up payin stupid prices for the same car, eventually losing out more. Take my PH1 for example, looks a shed and has no service history bar a few MOTs but drives sweet as a nut and you can tell how good a car is by driving it and you wouldnt take a 2nd look at it due to it not having what you require but you would end up paying more for a few pieces of paper.

Its not even needed, service history means nothing. You could drive up the road later and have your cambelt snap, what happens then? Look back at the history and take it to the garage? lol

s**t happens and so does wear and tear, long as its HPI clear i dont see the problem, also i got my PH1 cheap and know i will never lose a penny on it. :approve:

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Well iv done a check on it checked it over and seems good, im going to test drive it so what should i look out for? and if its not upto scratch on the driving then il leave it but everything else seems okay

rps13
Ahhhhhh facepalm.

bumpersticker.jpg

The fact it has no cup splitter, although has both cup packs also screams lazy owner/ accident repair to me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
But you will always end up payin stupid prices for the same car, eventually losing out more. Take my PH1 for example, looks a shed and has no service history bar a few MOTs but drives sweet as a nut and you can tell how good a car is by driving it and you wouldnt take a 2nd look at it due to it not having what you require but you would end up paying more for a few pieces of paper.

Its not even needed, service history means nothing. You could drive up the road later and have your cambelt snap, what happens then? Look back at the history and take it to the garage? lol

s**t happens and so does wear and tear, long as its HPI clear i dont see the problem, also i got my PH1 cheap and know i will never lose a penny on it. :approve:

lol TBH just looked through some of you old threads, quite a few parts in the wanted sections and

But the car does not sound too good at the mo, for some reason it sounds like its misfiring when started, the sevice light is on and the airbag light is on oh and the handbrake can reach 8 clicks

DCi 100
Why not just move on and look for another? If the car seems abit iffy then it's worth just looking again as it's not like it's LY/RB or anything quite hard to find.

Acouple weeks now waiting to find a mint example could be the difference between problems all the way through owning the car.