ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£30 EACH!!

Anyone ever noticed that it's all the young kids in their 1.2's who do it as they think it looks cool ? Well round my it is.

Some even drive with them on during the day in broad daylight
toz.gif

www.renparts.co.uk
well im making ppl aware since 90% of drivers have ther fog lights on in the evening...i dont need u asking what my point is, since its clearly stated. if u have learning difficulties im sorry i dont mean to b so harsh :)

90% of people have their fogs on in the evening? more than 10% don't even have fogs fitted.... and way less than 1% of people have them on unless its foggy...... you must have a lot of chavs where you live in vectras....

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Anyone ever noticed that it's all the young kids in their 1.2's who do it as they think it looks cool ? Well round my it is.

toz.gif

that smilie is great, not seen it b4:D

clio 182 + cup packs
i have two pet hates middle lane motorway hoggers and people who insist on driving with there fog lights on when it isnt foggy there very dazzling to other drivers.

its comon sence that they shouldnt be used when its not foggy

Kinda have the same hatred for people who put their headlights on in full blown sunlight.

Find its mainly people with xenons though, maybe its to show off, god knows.

Its hardly a sign of coolness lol.

Kinda have the same hatred for people who put their headlights on in full blown sunlight.

I love full beaming c***s that wont let me past :D

But I am a c**t.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I replaced my fogs this weekend as the old ones were cracked.

The new ones didn't come with any bulbs.

Not bothering to put any in yet, never really used the things, even when foggy I've found no need for them, if anythign more light has made it worse :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Foglights = nob

What about people who drive with Fog lights and Just sidelights, now thats cool.

Whats wrong with that, make other people notice you, it's obvious it's worked with you.

b/g 182, meg tourer
sould be a £1000 fine 3 points and a jail sentence for being such a t**t. lol.
how the f**k do people think it makes your car look better!??

Foglights = nob

What about people who drive with Fog lights and Just sidelights, now thats cool.

Whats wrong with that, make other people notice you, it's obvious it's worked with you.

Is that not the same as putting on fogs though. LOL. Whats wrong with it is there is no need to have headlights on.

M2 Competition
Lol at this thread. Funniest thing is he clearly believe he's in the right.

I still dont understand why fogs are seen as a luxury extra on higher spec cars? If we needed them, they'd be law on all cars, so its obvious they're not needed. So why have them? And why is it seen as a luxury option to have small lights for when its foggy?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Foglights = nob

Is that not the same as putting on fogs though. LOL. Whats wrong with it is there is no need to have headlights on.

They help make you more visable, so IMO having low beam lights on are a good idea. Hence why motorbikers do it.

M2 Competition

They help make you more visable, so IMO having low beam lights on are a good idea. Hence why motorbikers do it.

Few of us always put our sidelights on at least when blatting in the countryside. If it helps someone to see you a few seconds sooner, its well worth it.

But as to driving around town with the xenons rolling, have to agree, not necessary.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Few of us always put our sidelights on at least when blatting in the countryside. If it helps someone to see you a few seconds sooner, its well worth it.

But as to driving around town with the xenons rolling, have to agree, not necessary.

To be fair I hardly do any town driving at all. But when i do, i always have em on, they don't do any harm or course anyone any offence, not like they are bright is it.

clio 182 + cup packs

i agree with putting your headlights on in the country side as you can easaly be missed if your under trees or driving through forestry(sp) areas

Lol, your an idiot. The lights are hard wired to be on regardless of whether the rider wants them to be or not, and beside which do you filter past traffic in your 172 lol.

To be fair I hardly do any town driving at all. But when i do, i always have em on, they don't do any harm or course anyone any offence, not like they are bright is it.

Same could be said about putting on the fogs though lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why am I an idiot? Fogs annoy me cos there so bright, not because they are just on.
Plenty of reasearch out there to proove having lights on in the day improves safety.

Xenons annoy me because they are so bright, so we've cancelled each other argument out.

The fact they are bright to your eyes means you've noticed them, in the same way xenons get noticed by me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So you find xenons bright when it's sunny? What about the sun must burn your eyes.

MINI Cooper S
Why am I an idiot? Fogs annoy me cos there so bright, not because they are just on.
Plenty of reasearch out there to proove having lights on in the day improves safety.

Agree... some European country's, you have to have your lights on all the time anyway...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't think xenons or fogs are annoying in the day. That said I think fogs and sidelights look quite good on the Clio :eek: (makes it look wider at the bottom).

I have only used my fogs a few times when it's not foggy, and the situation has always been on a motorway when trying to get the MPG below 30 and not wanting some sausage to pull out infront of me.

(So I suppose on that note I know they're bright, and that's why I had them on)

Megane 230 R26
so yup its tru foggys r illegal EVEN AT NIGHT!!!

Well done, LOL :lolup: It's a simple fact that should be known by all drivers, that you must not use fog lights unless visibility is poor, I believe the distance specifically stated in law is 100 metres, but either way the restriction on their use is cited in the highway code:

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/08.htm#93

I don't quite understand why you believe it's more acceptable to use your fogs at night (I'm guessing this from your having said "EVEN AT NIGHT") - whilst people having lights on (especially fogs) during the day is annoying, it's at night that they are most likely to dazzle a driver and cause an accident, they are also destroying drivers' night vision.

So if you put your fogs on just because they "look cool", I'm afraid to say you're a moron :nono:

thats ur full beams...im refering to the 2 smaller lights at the bottom. . .the ones that dont dazzle

And I'm sorry but that's just total bulls**t. If you are incapable of considering the effects of your actions on other road users and their safety then you shouldn't be on the road at all.

Megane 230 R26

toz.gif

There's some little gimp near here who has a black saxo with big spoilers etc, and has no less than four fog lamps on the front of his car, and drives around with headlights and foglights on in broad daylight, even bright sunshine. If you flash him he waves, presumably he just thinks you're congratulating him on being a moron, or saying hello!

As has been discussed there are situations in which e.g. having your sidelights on may improve how visible you are and improve safety, but having actual headlights on in the day is annoying and unnecessary, especially if it's sunny! I was driving up a hill into the sun the other day, and there were no less than 5 muppets coming the other way with headlights on - as far as I'm concerned that's just more light shining on my retinas, further destroying my ability to see what the f**k's going on... then if you also consider that drivers with poorer eyesight have been involved in accidents when blinded by the sun, why add to the light shining in their eyes?

As for Volvos, Grrrrrrr! I know the origins of their setup, but in Scandinavia they drive on the left, and if they're producing their cars in a right-hand-drive configuration for the UK then why can't they also omit that irritating headlight feature?!?! Either that or make everyone who buys a Volvo attend manditory training on how to turn their headlights OFF and sign a contract that says they can be shot dead on the spot if they're caught driving around in daylight with them on.

Rant over now, LOL :lolup:

db

db detailing™

Lol, your an idiot. The lights are hard wired to be on regardless of whether the rider wants them to be or not, and beside which do you filter past traffic in your 172 lol.

Fair point... but it is equally hard to see another car in bright sunshine as it is in dusk/dawn conditions... my old cars auto lights would come on when the sun was really bright.

Evo 6, E92 320d

toz.gif

Its a similar story in my town, granted i am young with a 1.2 but i am glad to say i am one of the more considerate young drivers. The only time i have used my fog lights was on my driveway checking they worked.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its amazing how many more people pulled right out infront of me in my BLACK 1.2 in country lanes etc compaired to my silver 172, especially with xenons on.

80MPG BEEZA
i put my normal headlights on much sooner in the black then i do in the blue just coz people dont tend to see the black car coming, as for fogs there gay end of make use of the space and duct the air somewere useful