ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£30 EACH!!

S

ss2

got stopped yesterday at about 10ish for havin my foggys on, they let me go though, but warned me that it wouldv been £30 for each light that was on!!! so thats £60 if u get caught, so yup its tru foggys r illegal EVEN AT NIGHT!!!

S

ss2

well im making ppl aware since 90% of drivers have ther fog lights on in the evening...i dont need u asking what my point is, since its clearly stated. if u have learning difficulties im sorry i dont mean to b so harsh :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
got stopped yesterday at about 10ish for havin my foggys on, they let me go though, but warned me that it wouldv been £30 for each light that was on!!! so thats £60 if u get caught, so yup its tru foggys r illegal EVEN AT NIGHT!!!

Thanks for the tip .I think the clue is in the name " foglight " ;)

Doh!

Must remember to turn mine off in daylight, thanks for the tip

90% of drivers DONT have their fog lights on in the evening, only 90% of muppets do.

S

ss2

Doh!

Must remember to turn mine off in daylight, thanks for the tip

90% of drivers DONT have their fog lights on in the evening, only 90% of muppets do.

guess that makes me a muppet then? that what ur saying? well since u like to point out who the muppets are, do that when ur driving, and il give u a lil CS sticker for each person u point out:)

I tend to give them a burst of full beam myself.

Just because other people do it, it doesn't make it right... ah forget it, I'm wasting my time youth.

T

thecremeegg

Lol only retards have their fogs on when its not foggy....guess that makes you a r****d

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Ones on my Dad's Merc come on with the main lights for some reason. Can't figure it out. They're automatic.

Odd.

so yup its tru foggys r illegal EVEN AT NIGHT!!!

Was there ever any doubt? I can't remember too many people being unsure about this ;)

Unless visability is less than 100m you shouldn't be using them, and even then they are pretty much useless, in 7 years of driving I've only found them genuinely useful once, and that was when navigating a country lane near a big lake in very very thick fog, lighting the road surface directly in front of me at very low speeds (<20mph)...

45457870-L.jpg

If they were actually any use they would be mandatory like rear fog lights.

M140i

Wish people like you would get off this forum!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
ss2 is newish he will soon learn the way of cliosport!;)

by the way ss2 have you seen the v6 on fire yet?

S

ss2

so yup its tru foggys r illegal EVEN AT NIGHT!!!

Was there ever any doubt? I can't remember too many people being unsure about this ;)

Unless visability is less than 100m you shouldn't be using them, and even then they are pretty much useless, in 7 years of driving I've only found them genuinely useful once, and that was when navigating a country lane near a big lake in very very thick fog, lighting the road surface directly in front of me at very low speeds (<20mph)...

45457870-L.jpg

thats ur full beams...im refering to the 2 smaller lights at the bottom. . .the ones that dont dazzle

It's A Reno
Tbh, in all the time I've had my Clio, I've never used them.

I wonder who it was who decided that having every light you have on was cool.
Personally I don't get it.

db

db detailing™

45457870-L.jpg

thats ur full beams...im refering to the 2 smaller lights at the bottom. . .the ones that dont dazzle

Looks a hell of a lot like fog lights to me!!?

Megane 225
You can only recieve 1 fine, so when he said you get a 30 quid fine for each ligh he's lying. If you get caught speeding with your foggys on he'll only do u for speeding. Unless they take you to court and do ya for both!

VX220 Turbo
it's only chavs who drive round with their fogs on all the time.

it's not £30 per light since when does anyone drive with just a single fog light on? it's a £30 fine full stop.

if the "fog" lights come on on main beam they're driving lights the 106 gti does it too i think

Mito Sportiva 135
Did he call you a stupid t**t as well as fine you? Here is a simple little line I have used before to help me remember when to use the fog lights:

FOG LIGHTS ARE FOR WHEN THERE IS FOG.

Ones on my Dad's Merc come on with the main lights for some reason. Can't figure it out. They're automatic.

Odd.

Even on the automatic lights there is still a switch that makes it auto. It's got 5 settings in total I think? anyone if you go further to the left of the settings as default is in the middle you can have 1 of the fogs on (left or right) the theory behind this is for when your parking you can flip on on to see the curb down below better.

I questioned it on the Merc I drive :) never use the feature though.

Could also be complete crap but at least it is a theory :D

Wish people like you would get off this forum!

Well said.

ss2, you are indeed a muppet if you think foglights are needed at night.

I agree with ukaskew, foglights are very rarely any use.

Oh, and they do dazzle, there's a reason why they're illegal to use unless it's foggy. Fog light users just get full beam from me.

Oh, and they do dazzle, there's a reason why they're illegal to use unless it's foggy. Fog light users just get full beam from me.

Especially in rain, I HATE people who switch them in during a rain storm at night, how is it going to help?!

MK1 1.2 Clio Biarritz
CERTIFICATE
TO
CONGRATULATE

This certificate has been awarded to SS2 for being
a certified MUG of ClioSport.net forums.

Certificate valid from 16 September 2007

Awarded by iLLz

Tangoed Works
LOL, the most pointless thread. Those lights do make a difference in seriously dark country lanes though.