ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£3 Tesco Flat Wiper Blades (Merged)

Re: Tesco Flat Wiper Blades

^£7 per blade. I got some similar from ebay and they were fine. Got bosch ones this time but they're not worth the extra money, still started smearing after about 8 months.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

Just got the last 20'' set in Tescos tonight. £3 a blade ftw.

Yup £3 all sizes

Loads in Tesco Salisbury, nearly bought the lot.

Tempted to glue the block on, looks like it could away from the blade at some point.

Clio
TESCO are selling FLAT BLADES FOR £3 Each

Went to local tesco and the flat blades were on half price so i got myself 2 22" blades for £6.
This was at my local in formby north west so not sure if its nationwide. Worth a look even if its for spares.

bargain tbh if they are as good as ppl say they are

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Re: TESCO are selling FLAT BLADES FOR £3 Each

Saw em in my local tesco this morning same price .
Std wiper blades £1.50 !!!!! :eek:

LY R26 230 F1 Team

I dont like themtbh ibrought some from near alton for £3 from tesco's but they look too big imo

330Ci (Fail)Sport

I bought 2 22" but was going to take them back today as I thought I needed 21". Will 22" fit ok?

Why are they so curved, don't look so flat to me lol

Clio

they do flex quite a bit so i assume they are just curved so they stick to the windscreen well. they only have either 20 or 22 so i assumed an inch wont be too much bigger than the standard 21's. havent tried them yet though, waiting for old ones to perish

172 cup

I saw these up In York the other day. No idea how to even change wipers but my MOT is due next Monday and I think my wipers are on their way out. So.....might go buy some

330Ci (Fail)Sport

they do flex quite a bit so i assume they are just curved so they stick to the windscreen well. they only have either 20 or 22 so i assumed an inch wont be too much bigger than the standard 21's. havent tried them yet though, waiting for old ones to perish

Oh right, I though I read somewhere 20" would leave a bit unwiped in the middle or the edge or something, might jus cut the 22" down then.

Might try them later.

1.4 dynamic
i brought some 20inch ones yesterday the only bit it doesnt clear is the bit at the bottom of the screen. part from that there spot on.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

Oh right, I though I read somewhere 20" would leave a bit unwiped in the middle or the edge or something, might jus cut the 22" down then.

Might try them later.

I've put the 22" on mine and imho it looks fine. They sit close, but its only 1" longer than std. If i remember I’ll get a pic tomorrow if it'll help you decide, but for £6 its hardly going to break the bank to buy a set of both. I'm going to try some of the 20" tomorrow. The loser will go on the 1.6.

200 Gordini
Sorry, i was on about 22 inch in my posts (Sorry Tony)

So, will the 22inch look out of place? I'd like to see the pictures Flakturm.

Clio
cant imagine an inch extra looking out of place considering its only 0.5 of an inch either side, thats just over a cm difference which if you think about it is nothing compared to your windscreen. and as flakturm said, u cant really go wrong with £6 tbh

Renaultsport Clio 172 ph1
I found with the 22 inch, that it was slightly too long on the drivers side where the windscreen curves away and the wiper doesn't bend to follow the angle of it. And the 22s looked just a bit too big IMO.

So I swapped to 20 inch but as mentioned before you do get a slight patch in the middle at the bottom of the screen where the wipers meet that doesn't get wiped.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Sorry, i was on about 22 inch in my posts (Sorry Tony)

So, will the 22inch look out of place? I'd like to see the pictures Flakturm.

Sorry mate, picked up some of the 20" blades and took a couple of shots earlier, but have just ended up with two pics full of glare.:rolleyes:

I'll have another go tomorrow...

paul.

Ozzed Clio
i bought these yesterday for my car and fitted a 22" to the drivers side and 20" to the passenger side and they are perfect. i would advice everyone thats interested to do the same! :cool:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Good info here and nice pics flakturm.

Might see if they still have any 20s left and get a set of those too. As said £6 won't break the bank.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i've got 2 x 22" on mine. The drivers side wiper seems to miss the last inch of the blade - might try a 20 and see if thats any better - for £3 per blade they are a bargain.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i've got 2 x 22" on mine. The drivers side wiper seems to miss the last inch of the blade - might try a 20 and see if thats any better - for £3 per blade they are a bargain.

Got the same on mine, m8. They seem to clear all the bits of the screen ok for me. They had a good test today too - proper bounced it down with rain on the way home from work.

D.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
As the one on the drivers side wipes back, the middle seems to miss the glass, anyone else had this problem?

I got the 20inch ones