ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£20K for a Clio 200?!?

Just been playing around on the Renault site and spec'd up a clio 200 for s**t n giggles, came to £19,790.

Would anyone pay this for one, cos I wouldnt and couldnt. lol

My version

Renaultsport 200 - 3Dr£17,710.00

My options
bullet_list.gif
Anti-submarine airbags available on 3 door versions only
bullet_list.gif
Cup chassis£410.00
bullet_list.gif
Extra tinted rear windows and tailgate£205.00
bullet_list.gif
Electrically heated and folding door mirrors£155.00
bullet_list.gif
Dedicated cornering lights£155.00
bullet_list.gif
Speedline wheels (white)£180.00
bullet_list.gif
Red painted brake callipers
bullet_list.gif
Renault i.d. 'Carbon Trim' - Interior Pack (including carbon centre console with carbon dashboard in£105.00
bullet_list.gif
'Renaultsport' Recaro cloth upholstery
bullet_list.gif
'Renaultsport' Recaro front seats £870.00
bullet_list.gif
Height adjustable driver's seat
bullet_list.gif
Recaro Renaultsport front seats
bullet_list.gif
Colour: Glacier White
Renault i.d Glacier paint is an option, total retail price £155

£19,790.00

Last edited by a moderator:
  Fabia VRS & Yeti
Yikes, is that not including the hideous rear wing and carbon side spats?
Keep the Rb;)

How do you get into the option to price one up? I can't find it lol Want to see what list would have been for mine

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Sure people were picking them up new for around 14k??

Cups were as low as £13.5K last summer!

Since then renault have put prices up, vat has gone up, tax has increased on new 200's, and more people are buying cars so dealers are less desperate to deal.

182 Trophy
I know in a dealers you wouldnt actually pay that, but even so i can't think of a brand new car thats as good as the clio 200, love it when people say youd have to be mad to pay that for a 'clio' yet ford rock up and charge 33k for the frs500 which is a 'ford focus' and it's all ok, and thats a matt black barge that drinks more than a 747 :)

Da

Less
Agree with Joeh.

Demand on the 200 has lead to a 20 - 25 week wait, so people are definitely buying them.

£20K on a Clio in todays prices is hardly extortionate. I mean what were the 182's list...£16K?? That was 6 years ago.

182 Trophy
Don't see the problem with that TBH. You spec a mid-range Golf diesel to £20k, let alone a GTI.

x2, try speccing a cooper s up, they can go to well above 30k.
Build quality is better than ever from renault too imo, since the 197 theyre easily as good as golfs etc it's just that people still have that old cliche in their heads of 'its french' which really pisses me off, vw's bland designers haven't come up with any imagination or inovative cars for a long time imo yet still people blindly buy into that 'like a golf' advert

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think in relative terms, money, credit and finance is harder to come by so the relative increase of £5k in asking price between 182 and 200 is alot.

Rusty Cup
yea put mugen and type r in the same sentence and prepare to pay big bucks lol

That said, a 12 year old ek9 civic type r will still fetch 6k+ soooo cant see the clio keeping its value like that lol

Da

Less
In 6 years I think I could safely say my wage has gone up £5K.

Also, with the 'credit crunch' etc there are numerous low rate/0% deals available if people really want the cars.

my dad worked for Lloyds for 30 years and was earning 6 figures by the end of it!! retired this year :p cant say im doing quite aswell lol

I work for that said bank! lol

Ime happy for you Da! lol Mine has not however. Must work harder me thinks....

No chance matt, i'd cough up the extra pennies and get the new megane sport instead :)

Or get an R26 Ste and spend the change on getting 300+ bhp ;)

Rusty Cup
haha well there is a head of risk position that has recently become available in the Bristol area i believe it is a band A or 1 pay bracket? :S

GTD, Lupo
Some cracking posts here.

19k for a clio is stupid money, paid 16 for mine last June.

If your wage hasnt gone up 5k in 6 years you seriously need to reconsider your job or maybe the way you work.

Ek9s will always hold there value as they are a limited run model and most are imported. A clio 200 is a mass produced car. Look at 1*2s i see at least 3 a day and ek9s im lucky to see one a week. Supply and demand.

As said before too many people taking drugs these days.

Gorms

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Some cracking posts here.

19k for a clio is stupid money, paid 16 for mine last June.

If your wage hasnt gone up 5k in 6 years you seriously need to reconsider your job or maybe the way you work.

Ek9s will always hold there value as they are a limited run model and most are imported. A clio 200 is a mass produced car. Look at 1*2s i see at least 3 a day and ek9s im lucky to see one a week. Supply and demand.

As said before too many people taking drugs these days.

Gorms

All EK9 Type R's are imported, it was never officially brought to the UK...

You could buy a race edition but these were not for road use and were still imported from japan.