ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1000 to make a 172 more track focused?

53 Clio's & counting
In Sharkeys Trophy at Llandow was great fun - yes it has itb's, though as we now know on what is still a poorly engine, I believe the brakes are uprated, but as far as i am aware the rest of the car was standard - and it was brilliant fun, grippy enough to carry a bit of speed, and not grippy enough to stop the car being playfull with the throttle :)

I do really like Clio's on near standard suspension, my black ph1 on new standard stockers and Prolines was a right giggle :)

Ph1 172 (titanium)
makes my arms feel to close in to my body, doesn't help having broad shoulders like, that's the only reason i'l be going 330mm

The only thing I find with it is that long journeys, arms can get tired. As you need to work the steering more.
Loads more leverage on standard wheel

I'll happily do Brands in the summer (as long as its not August, im never here), would be nice to see my old car as well tbh.

No doubt my homo wagon will get mullered by all the clio's though :(

I was thinking September time - weather is nice then not too hot and gives me time to get some dollah together for hotel etc.. it's a 4hr drive each way for me lol

Clio 172
I'd be up for a Clio day at Brands. Would also need to hotel it it's just a bit too far to drive down in one day do the trackday and drive back safely.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I've got a question for those that have done brands of an evening. Next month I might do an evening as a shakedown for a full day. However the Db limit is lower at 102 static and 92 fly by. I'm a bit worried, got a piper full system with (supposedly) silenced de cat and open air filter. I'm worried the exhaust my fail the static and the open air filter will fail the fly by! Ahhh

any one done an evening with simillar?

Cheers
chris
DetailMe

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
1k on improvements for a capable Clio.

Tyres. (Most costly)
Front disks ( brembo maxi or HC ) check your rears, if fine leave. A cheap set of pads (£17) will last one hard trackday fine.
2nd ArB.
Cheap coils etc.

All depends how serious you want too get. What ever you do your be having fun, which is what it's about.