ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

££?? Building a Clio 1.8/2.0 track car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
using a clio 16v as a base.

Stripping it, uprated suspension, Uprated brakes, brake lines, tyres, breathing mods, harnesses, one bucket seat (use the std passenger seat) and possibly a cage, although its not a necessity.

Anyone done this? what sort of money is it going to be? my budget is about 2k.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Eh??! Seriously?!

I thought 8/900 for a car, about a grand to prep it?

Holy s**t Tom, whats the cost of it all then?

well if it costs about 2k for the work you wanted to do on it then £800/900 for the car so just under £3k ?

Suspension £350 ish
Brakes £200 ish
Lines £60 ish
Tyres perhaps £200 ish
Breathing mods (exhaust and filter) £300 ish
Bucket seat £150 ish
Harnesses £40 ish
Cage £300-£500?

So, circa £1,800 to prep a standard car I guess. If you bought several of the above second hand, perhaps knock £600 off if you are lucky?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thinking about it, thats a lot of fcuking Dough!

I'm deffo going to get one already prepped, or at least halfway here! ;)

Lol, well I would say that but the bottom line is that if you buy one with a couple of bits that you'd have on a track day car already on it then you save at least a few quid.

The place to spend the money is in getting the engine refreshed where necessary, whatever car you buy so that it's perfect and parts replaced where necessary for the track and pace you'll put it through.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just look in the trade it for a shitter and go from there. I know someone who go a N plate valver in white for £350 with tax and mot.

I want a project valver...Would HAVE to have the 2.0l though.

Depends what you want a fast car well best start with a Williams or a hybrid at least otherwsie you'll only be doing a 2.0 conversion anyway later on

So coilovers £450 for Avo

brakes stock are ok refusrb them with new seals then new disks and stock pads are fine but there always green stuff or DS2500's for proper track use stock arn't half bad and for the price. New lines £50 or so.

I'd cage it as well for safety.

Best buy a prebuilt car though IMO.