ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY CLIO, only 2months into project

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
is it me or does the yellow one look like the wing mirrors are melting off??!
To be honest, i don't really like either, but when i was his age, he would have pissed himself at the mess i used to drive around in, calling it a 'modified car'
(because it had a sunstrip, a blue bumper strip and a peco bolt on tailpipe!)
Don't get me wrong, it could look a lot better if he cleaned it up a bit, like took the zits off the back bumper, put the exhausts through the bumper (after he swaps it for a mk2 job) and colour coded it, and maybe decked it on some decent suspension.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I don't like those mods. I think those wheels are too big. It looks like a Jeep. I also had those lights as an option for my Clio, but now I've seen them I changed my mind. Also exhaust is too square for bumper.
A 172 rear bumper and painted side/rear strips will do good to this car

I like what Fubar said about the 1.2's with Sport badges and the 172's with 1.2 badges. I drove a Mégane 1.6 90hp 7 years ago and I putted a Sport badge on the trunk. It wasn't faster with it and I emberassed myself lots of times. Then I bought a 172 Mk1 and had side badges of the 1.2. At this time I have a 182 with side badges of the 1.2 and removed the Sport badge. It's a lot more fun if people don't expect this.

RenaultSport clio 16v mk2
hiya

i find it quite funny how you guys can take the mick out off this car in engine mods, yes it has a 1.4 16v body but it has just come out of an engine transfer, me and my uncle just put a tuned 182 sport and it has been tested from xperformance in crays hill at 220 bhp, so any 172/182 drivers thinkin that this is a 1.2 or 1.4 be my guest, ill just laugh as you eat my dirt. and the reason for doing this as cos im 19 cant just buy a 172/182, as insurance. but i got a friend in the insurance game that kindly helped me and said this was the best way, so im aloud to put the sport on the back thank you. i no that ppl dont like the back lights but i find the lexus ones are too common. with the lowering it has already been lowered by 45mm, with gmax suspension kit, and my future plans are to put a bodykit that will fit the exhuasts and colour code the whole car, and the reflectors will be going aswell. the no. plate is my nickname which is nitro through work and my intials. and i havent been stopped for them either.

so any 172/182 driver wanna try and match this, or are you lot just mouth and no balls. thanks for ppl welcome btw

Chocolate Bar™
engine pics and specs please :) be interested to know how it got that much? Also gmax suspension with 220bhp? I would've gone for coilovers if your gonna spend that much on a car

fair dos with the sport badge though :)

Da

Less
didn't think anyone had achieved 220bhp out of one of those 182 thingies...? Is that 220 at the wheels or fly wheel?? Still must be some serious engine mods to go from 182 to 220?? That's like a 21% increase!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Please take some pics of this 182 engine. Go on, if you can. And not a close up shot where we can't see the car.

I wasn't gonna give you any stick until I read about this 182 engine rubbish.

On the subject of spoort badges on a base model Clio, they cheese me off just like 16v badges on 1.4 Saxos.

Chocolate Bar™
Chris1.4RT said:
On the subject of spoort badges on a base model Clio, they cheese me off just like 16v badges on 1.4 Saxos.

how about 16v badges on a clio lol

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Aye I've seen them on some Clios but to be honest so long as it's a 16v Clio it's ok. Most people know those badges are off a Saxo. It's just when I see them on VTR's/West Coast & Furios trying to look like a VTS.

I was proud to have a very subtley modded 1.4 Clio RT (alloys, lowering, colour coding). I didn't want to go OTT with 16v bonnet and badges etc. Be proud of what it is.

Beetle
lol, quick, to the cupboard for the
bullsht_repellent.jpg

;) :clown: why not mention the transplant beforehand fella?
i'll quite happily take this back and appologise if you can back the claims up with pics of the engine in the car and a spec of whats been done to get that bhp.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
so if its had a transplant why havent you informed the dvla to change the registration information? as it still says that its a 1.4 on there.

and even putting a 2.0 into a 1.4 at 19 you will still be raped for the price

1.8 Civic EX
So you say you got a mate in the insurance business but surely any car thats had an engine conversion from a 1.2 to a 2.0 is gonna be a shite load more than just a car with a 2.0l engine as standard???!?!?!

and I wouldn't ask the peeps on here for a challenge mate, even in a standard 182 they would wopp you round a track just due to shear driving experience...

LY 182
*sigh*

Wasn't going to comment but nitro for f*ck sake don't just make things up! Yes you were slated, I'm affraid that's what you will get here, most people here don't like visual mods as the just change the essence of the car.

As you can't take the critism I would suggest you join a more "boyracer" forum. I do believe that the comments can be uncalled for on here but that's the way it is.

Clio RS
lol 220 Ponys with this smal front break and this rear drum break

from 0->100 in 6 sekonds ond 100 to zero in 12 miles muuuhahahahahahaha

I want a race with my 75 Ponys:)

i'm interested to hear what has been done to it to get the bhp - can we see whats under the bonnet ?
also,you haven't been stopped for the plates - yet, once you do the old bill will kick your ar*e.

LY 200
Im only on Canvey mate ;) and we have some nice duals over here!!!

Would be intresting so give me a PM if you fancy it!!!

182... again!
Glad i've got the brakes, suspension, tyres and brain to keep my 182bhp under control!! Better than 220 without the above me thinks!!

Mini Cooper S sport
Erm, not for me (any of it) but welcome to the forum nonetheless :)

Oh dear, I've just read you're sticking a bodykit to it as well. Oh well, it's your car.

Last edited:
  RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
It would have been more easy if you told us before about the engine mods.
I still have my doubts about this insurance guy you know. I don't know how this is in the UK, but I think it can't be very different from Belgium. What will happen if you have an accident where people come out with very bad injuries and they find out you're insured for a 1.2, but have a 2.0 in it? I can tell you that in Belgium you can work for those people for the rest of your live. Lets hope you changed brakes. It would be very unresponsable if you didn't. Even my 182 breaks are suck

Clio 1.4, SV650S
lol its hard enough to convince people on this forum that wild mods are justified - but then i appreciate being young, not being able to afford a fast, and wanting to change what you can have. i've been there and i'm sure lots of others here have too.

but coming on here and lying (220bhp ffs?). there are people who tune these engines on this forum as their profession and we're always reading about the latest tuning and setups etc. thats just silly. you're going to get ripped now, i can see the vultures circling!

just think, if you crash into someone, or someone runs out into you and you splatter them... you'll have to go to court and get fined for it all as you will have no insurance.. unlucky!

muz

big fat japanese bus
hum I was not going to say anything but i thought i wmigh

This "Nitro" is not he thread starter, maybe its someone looking for a laugh by typing comments that will generate an attacking response and pretending to be the thread starter.

On another note
I thought modifying was something you did to be differnet......

Mk2 Golf GTI
220bhp hey? I find it thard to believe somehow, unless you've spent thousands on the engine itself before fitting it...

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
its lowered 45mm on a gmax kit? do gmax even do a kit for the 172/182 hubs (pretty much a requirement for fitting the engine!)

then theres the issue of just chucking the 'tuned' 182@220 engine in, because the 182 is so easily 'tuned'... lol

muzz, I for one, dont modify my car to be different, being different is just a bonus - personally I do it so i've got my car the way I want it (handling, power, noise, looks), and not the way renault want it. Why ruin a car to be different?

I'm sorry, but to be honest, I hate it.

Beetle
muzz said:
hum I was not going to say anything but i thought i wmigh

This "Nitro" is not he thread starter, maybe its someone looking for a laugh by typing comments that will generate an attacking response and pretending to be the thread starter
what you on about? nitro did start the thread, its his car:S or do you mean somebody has set up a duplicae account to wind things up?

Golf R/Leon FR
as has been said before id like to see a pic of the supposed 220bhp 182 engine in the car. also would like to see a race (on track or airfield) between this car and yoz's cup!!!