ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY CLIO, only 2months into project

Valver..
....Interested to see wat the Exhaust Sounds lik... never seen one like that before see if you can get a sound clip up!!!! Wats the next mod m8...I would SLAM it..propper low rider!! he he o yer....wellcome to the Forum mate!!! :D :D :D

I think its amusing how some 1.2 drivers put sport badges on their cars... and some sport drivers put 1.2 badges on their cars.

I guess this just goes to show the divide between favouring Looks, or favouring Power :)

i used to have a 1.0 badge on the boot of my 1.6 with nitrous (179bhp)

embarrased quite a few people!
badging down is cool
badging up is just gay.

daze said:
think there are more 1.2/1.4 "sports" than real ones!!

I saw a 1.0 micra going onto the dual carriage way with a sport badge on it, so, i thought i'd show him what a real sport is, played with it, then decided he thought he was getting too much of a lead so floored it :evil:

Golf GTI 1.8T
I haven't read any of the other posts as I can probably guess what they say.

I'm not a fan of it really, I'm more a subtle mods person but it's your car and if you like it thats fine. I recommend lowering it though, would be a great improvement.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
get a Dynamique rear spoiler for it, badly needs one and then get Phase 2/3 rear lights for it, then slam it.

will look good like that, i like your wheels but the lights and reflectors are waisting the look

BMW M3 - For Sale!
:dead:

not a fan at all

where was the noise competition at? i wouldnt have minded givin that a go. i bet ballcrusher would do very well wouldnt ya mate!?

Wheels are ok but wont be doing the handling/acceleration or ride any favours . As for the other mods not keen at all, i'd colourcode the bumpers and bumpstrips, lose the sport badge, replace the rear lights with Phase 2 units and get a cup or 172 spoiler on it.

VaVa
Loony speaketh sense as usual.

I would have spent money on the simple things first like colour coding, spoiler, double optic headlights etc before forking out for fancy (and frankly f**king horrible) rear lights and mahoosive wheels.

At the moment It looks like it's made up of spare parts, but if you say it's work in progress I look forward to the completed pics.

Each to their own though lad. Like the look of the wheels.

I like 'em!

The standard ones are a bit boring and these are quite tasteful compared to lexus ones :cool:

Exhaust is different though and I like it as well - kind of subtle-looking, but clearly not subtle at all if it's that loud... LoL

i have a 172 rear spoiler in silver c/w brake light and washer jet.what you need to finish the back off!! 55 GBP free postage? pm me if interested!

good effort mate,(keep the sport badge and piss everyone off)!!!:evil::evil::evil::cool::D

172 Cup
As you asked for opinions and by their very nature opinions vary I have to be honest and say I think it looks a bit "tacky" to use a mild word...

Chocolate Bar™
hes only 2 months into his project though, i'm reserving full opinon until i see the final article :)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i dont really like it because its not that unique.
seen lots of clios with those wheels, to unique it id guide your exhausts so the point through your back alloys or something daft.

but im annoyed at renault sportowners.
ok i dont think putting a sport badge on is a good idea.
but i also dont think tell this guy to get 172 bumper and rear spoiler is a good idea either, its then more likly to get mistaken for your beloved 172 than if it looks like that with a sport badge.

am i right or what!

ant

yep.
Harry_manback said:
dont think tell this guy to get 172 bumper and rear spoiler is a good idea either, its then more likly to get mistaken for your beloved 172 than if it looks like that with a sport badge.

am i right or what!

you're not wrong.

yeah you are right, i didnt say put a 172 cup or spoiler on
i just said get rid of the sport badge and hte renaultsport out his profile. giving us real renaultsport owners a bad name!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
who cares if he has renaultsport on his profile and his car?

you need something important to worry about! :rolleyes:

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235
GuyS said:
yeah you are right, i didnt say put a 172 cup or spoiler on
i just said get rid of the sport badge and hte renaultsport out his profile. giving us real renaultsport owners a bad name!

I think the answer to that bud is that anybody who knows anything about cars will know that isn't really a renaultsport model.

And I wouldnt worry about the poeple who think renault hand out ebay rear lights as standard either.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
i dont rele think he is giving ppl with 172 sport a bad name, at the end of the day let him do what he wants to his car any petrol head would no the diffrentce between that and the sport. sport owners wouldnt be on the recieving end he would coz he has attempted to make his car look like a sport!!!!!

huh my fingers hurt lol.

The mods just don't seem to 'suit' the car at the moment, understandable as its a work it progress. Good luck with the rest of the project.

Not sure I'm keen on the loudest exhaust award though, bit chavvy and pointless. (Unless your aim is to piss people off and wake babies)

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235
could be worse:

stevie_d051104_08.jpg

muz

big fat japanese bus
you have got to love those wheels though right???

10254053a14f94147c6840b3206d13150b896eb1a5472e15a4f5fd0f.jpg

mind you don't like the wolfrace centre cap the BSA one is much better ;)

muz

big fat japanese bus
however I do have huge problems with your ice mate sorry

the huge vents from that vibe thing in your boot will be affecting the vibe square 6x9s really badly, must sound really poor flappy and with lots of distortion.

if you insist in keeping those square thingies box them and run them capped off for a little bit of mid bass

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Date of Liability 01 06 2006
Date of First Registration 01 09 1999
Date of Last V5 Issue 23 11 2004
Year of Manufacture 1999
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1149CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour YELLOW
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle