ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY CLIO, only 2months into project

RenaultSport clio 16v mk2
hiya, im posting up again as i didnt know how to post up pics before thanks to ppl that told me how to. like i say if anyone fancies meeting up wid clios down southend will be cool to get to know a few people with the best car in the world or close lol. ive posted up some pics URLs take a look and please give feedback good or bad,

cheers

Photo-0002.gif
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/nitrolbj/Photo-0002.jpg
Photo-0001.gif

Photo-0003.gif

Photo-0005.gif

Photo-0004.gif

Photo-0006.gif

Da

Less
patty said:
what r the reflectors for on the rear bumper?
he doesn't need them cos the LED units have a reflector in the centre of the 'O' shape. However people often fit the reflectors because they've removed the standard ones when they did away with the standard rear lights.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
2 months in eh?....... I don't wanna see it in a years time!! :dead:

The rear lights are truely dreadfull, take them off and it won't be nearly as ugly.

RenaultSport clio 16v mk2
cool, only reason i like the exhuast it won loudest exhuast in london last sunday up against a 450 bph skyline and he wasnt happy at all. i put the extra reflects there cos i did spray my orginal back lights black and the make them road legal had to put on reflectors. glad some ppl have gd taste lol

why you got renault sport badge son it when its not a renault sport?

has it got nitrous?? because i cant see a bottle, you look like you have your number plate modified to try say N2O (even though the 2's meant to be lower than the N)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
leave it out fellas, theres ways of saying its not your favourite car.

Say it nicely or don't bother. I get fed up with long term members ripping apart new users.

Memebers are quick to slate admin/mods on this forum for the club not being good enough or that there are no new members joining, whereas constant piss take of new users keeps on going, maybe this is a factor aswell?

Last edited:
  1996 Valver
I would change the rear bumper, so that the exhaust comes out of it rarther than under it.
Maybe lower it + colour coding

Clio 1.4 16v Mk2
GuyS said:
LMAO^^^

dont hold back mate!

why oh why do people pretend their 1.2's and the like are renaultsport models?? why badge a car up trying to pretend its something its not? really really pisses me off.. then they 'race' someone in their 1.4 fiesta, loses and the fiesta dickwipe claims they beat a renaultsport clio.

agree i have a 1.4 but i dont make it 182 i seen a car parked up recently and it was a proton made up like a scooby very well done but the biggest give away was it had rear brake drums lol and he had the scooby bonnet and vents and even the scooby badge on the back dear oh dear you can imagine a 17yr old chav with his 1.2ltr corsa saying i just beat a scooby lol.

anyways looks k mate get rid of the lights cos ya car aint black sport sticker have done with that and and the number plate why???? lower it proberly put some light smoke tints on.and chage exhaust part from that not a bad effort :S

Megane Mk4
Welcome to CS nitro, hope you have a nice stay and you'll get comments on both sides, I know I did when I joined, its a mixed community, some like standard, others like mods.. You'll get to know which side people are on, Laugh it off geeza... I do :D

I'm a critic too but I personally like subtle mods and unusual ones, yep I've got lexus on mine, but want rid because I'm bored with them, not because anyone else has told me to get rid, however, I've got smoked side repeaters ( heehee, never mentioned them to ANYONE!! lol ;) ) but I must admit I've taken some stuff off ( but thats me :) )

Anyways .. your car, glad its a clio (some people on here dont even have that! ;) ) I like the twin exit exhuast but not so over-keen on the LED lenses,
One Question for you.. have you ever been pulled for the "not-so-legal" reg plates? lol
also.. where do you put the shopping??? pmsl ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
theres a way of being critical/developmental and there is a way to make someone feel like a piece of s**t, CS members seem to prefer the latter route.

Chocolate Bar™
modding your car is your taste and as long as you like it thats all that matters :) all i would say is PLEASE take off the sport badge, its not a sport, i can genuinly see why sport owners would get annoyed when people put them on 1.2s. Afterall they paid a lot of money for that badge

182 and 5 GTT
If you like it mate thats all that maters really. Its certainly individual style! I will look the otherway when im down southend next though. Welcome to the club though. Very usefull source for info

Megane Mk4
Middo said:
PLEASE take off the sport badge, its not a sport, i can genuinly see why sport owners would get annoyed when people put them on 1.2s. Afterall they paid a lot of money for that badge

I dont mind... besides,

Reanult charge SERIOUS MONEY for that badge!!!

Feckin rip-off merchants they are!!! pmsl :D :clown: :eek: ;) :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
seb182 said:
leave it out fellas, theres ways of saying its not your favourite car.

Say it nicely or don't bother. I get fed up with long term members ripping apart new users.

Memebers are quick to slate admin/mods on this forum for the club not being good enough or that there are no new members joining, whereas constant piss take of new users keeps on going, maybe this is a factor aswell?

LOL

It's not my favourite car...

Clio 197
The front ok but the rear I don't like the rear lights, exhaust and the reflectors.:(

You could remove them.

Get a rear spoiler like the Clio 172, have u still got your old rear lights what it came with? Put them back on and the exhaust will stay.

If you did this, it should looks right and it will make your Clio happy!:)

Or it up to you.

And welcome to ClioSport!

182BG
good effort mate, im more into tuning than styling so i couldn't give much advice.
I think you should get a 172 rear bumper and get those tail pipes cut into it. Maybe some side skirts also just to compliment the size of the wheels, defianantly lower it. Colour code the bump strips, and imo on a silver car, clear lights would look better than the dark lights.

Not saying you should do this, but its just a couple of ideas, anways good effort. And welcome to CS

p.s one thing i would say is remove the sport badge, lol

Beetle
for the 4th and final time that i will post this:

zorsts - too square for a rounded clio imo, ovals might have been a better choice although i'm still not sold on the idea.
rear lights - like them
reflectors - can they come off? or will they leave screw holes
wheels - i reckon they suit it, can it go any lower without scrubbing?
you say you're only 2 months into it, what are your future plans? a bit of colourcoding perhaps?

1.6 16v
daze said:
agreed.

we should get a petition going :D

think there are more 1.2/1.4 "sports" than real ones!!

Thats true matey.

I would never buy a sport badge and put it on my lower engine models of the clio.

The only way i would have a sport badge on the back of my car is if i have a 172/182 and that day will come lol. ONE DAY lol