ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio's replacement...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
After nearly 7 years and just over 110k miles covered in the Clio it is time to move on.

Most will not like it or say I should've bought X,Y,Z instead but I like the Styling, Spec and Economy the car offers.

'07 207 HDi 110 GT

Only a couple of dirty iPhone pics until my order arrives from Polished Bliss then I'll give it a detail and get some better pics.

zetu7e8u.jpg

y9a2u4un.jpg

agy8u2ut.jpg

egyry3ej.jpg

Not really got any plans as its not really a car to modify except -

Clean Plates
Silvervision Indicator Bulbs
Parrot in car kit or iPhone compatible Double Din HU

All comments and criticism welcome.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The GTi ones of these are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

You not going to keep the clio too?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I like the styling and nope the Clio has a deposit paid on it so will be going, No point keeping it and paying for Tax and Insurance when most of my driving is just to and from work and visiting the Girlfriend in Surrey.

The Clio will be going to a forum member.

Clio Sport 172.
I'm not a fan, but certainly appreciate the sense in replacing the clio with a more economical and possibly less trouble with it being a bit newer. I imagine tax and insurance has come down a bit too.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Insurance is £200 cheaper, Tax is £150 a year cheaper.

So no massive savings but monthly it should save me £100-150 in fuel my my estimates and I wanted a new car and this ticked most of the boxes for me.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks pretty tidy. Having driven a 207 for about a year in the past, they'd be nowhere near the top of my list. Enjoy it though.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Will look into DPF removal but not wanting to play about with it too much if I'm honest.

Megane r26
Nice car, powered by the same lump in the Zetec s diesel, Volvo s40, v50 etc.

We never had many problems whilst I was at Volvo, replaced one turbo (15min job). Enjoy it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it was quite widely used engine so presume it can't be 'that' bad.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Peugeot build quality has come on leaps and bounds imo.

We've had four in the last 5 years with no issues. Good buy!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really impressed so far.... One niggle is no Cruise Control but I can deal with that and knew this when buying.

Currently looking at double din headunits to replace the standard one and fill the gap beneath it.

Leon Cupra 300
It's a lot better engine than the 1.6T petrol!! That seems to have issues above the timing chain that nobody can diagnose.

Fair enough its got its own issues with turbos blowing due to carbon build up.. But a brand new turbo and fitting kit inc feeds etc is less than £300 so its hardly the end of the world if/when it goes pop. This risk can be vastly reduced with oil changes every 5-6k.

I think I'll have one to replace my lasses 206 GTI in a year or so.

Only other slightly common issue is the abs pump.. Which is around £400. This sort of thing affects most VAG products and BMW <--- these days!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Every engine has it's issues so I'm not too worried.

I'm happy with the car and as a bonus the girlfriend really likes it to so makes my life easier ahaha!

Titanium 182
Peugeot engines are pretty good, it's the rest of it you have to worry about! Although, build quality for all marques have improved drastically over the last 8-10 years.

I can't imagine it'll be anywhere near as fun to drive as the Clio, though.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Small Update - iPhone pics from the driveway so apologies in advance.

Changed a few lights as I was missing the Xenon glow the Clio offered.

LED Sidelights as I prefer to have them working than disconnect them.

2uhejure.jpg

ahudydy6.jpg

Fitted a 6000k HID Kit... Very fiddly job as I didn't want to remove the bumper

avyma6u7.jpg

9a8e6e9e.jpg

he6ugyby.jpg

Haven't been for a drive with them fitted yet but hip oping they'll give off a nice crisp light.

LED Numperplate Lights

e5y8uja2.jpg

Not anything massively exciting but I don't plan on doing much as its just not worth it on a car like this.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers.... Got them off a site called PartsULike apparently they sponsor CS and the 207oc according to their website.

Can't link as on iPhone using tapatalk.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Another very minor update -

Courtesy of Fancy plates.... A fresh clean set of numberplates :)

ybyqate8.jpg

zutaje4e.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Will do a write up once I've covered a few more miles in it as just been driving to work and back so nothing to test what it can actually do.

1 massive thing is feedback through the steering wheel... Well there is none tbh :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Next up is this lot.

Parrot Asteroid and the patch leads for Stalk controls and Parking sensors
Brodit mount

jusasape.jpg

Hopefully get this in on Wednesday then I've got no immediate plans for the car.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Little update..... Girlfriend bought me a personalised plate for my birthday :)

unumajej.jpg

Will be going to the DVLA office Monday to get it transferred.