ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio's replacement...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So you've finally got rid of the Clio years after originally talking about doing it :) Congrats!

Im not a massive fan of 207's, but good if you don't want a fun car anymore ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Aha yeah finally gone after a total 111k miles in it.

It just ticked most of the boxes I wanted with Spec/Age/Mileage and Price.

Little update..... Girlfriend bought me a personalised plate for my birthday :)

unumajej.jpg

Will be going to the DVLA office Monday to get it transferred.
Can't argue with that! Nice one.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Well it's on and I'm over the moon.... Wanted one for ages but always talked myself out of it.

jeruhu5e.jpg

£20 to the insurance company for them to swap 7 characters down to 6.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Bored so thought I'd update this.

1 year of ownership and still happy with it.

Not done anything to it except general maintenance.

Full set of Disks and Pads - £305

2 tyres fitted a while back - £140

2 tyres going on Monday - £140

Service/Mot - £320, Few niggles but no massive issues.

Insurance came down - £257 fully comp

Tax - £115 I think for the year.

On the whole it's a great car, Never got round to retro fitting Cruise Control but it's still a possibility in the future.

Average over 500 miles every tank no matter how I drive it, Ticked over 60k on the clock so was a low mileage year for me at 19/20k miles.

Car has decent pace for the whole 110bhp now I've got used to how to drive it, Not really any steering feel but it handles quite well IMO, Wheels could do with a refurb and some paint in the bodywork but don't think I'll bother even though I'm constantly outside washing it trying to keep it clean and shiny.

1 niggle I have is the seats are comfy however do not have adjustable lumbar support :(

Do I look at Golfs and 1 Series whenever I pass them? Yes.

Would I have got the Spec and Mileage I got with this? No.

Car will stay with me a while as I own it outright and need to save up a house deposit so can't go upgrading it anytime soon.

Couple of driveway pics -

geny9yzu.jpg

a9umy4yv.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Car is still with me and yes I've thought about selling up a few times but it's got to the point as with the Clio it's worth so little and isn't costing me much to maintain so why sell?

Noticed an oil leak over the past couple of days so need to get that seen to, car is on 108k miles now and will be 10 yrs old early next year so will get the Cambelt changed and anything else it might need whilst at it.

Havent really had any issues to speak of, DPF fault flashes up here and there but then clears itself so no drama, one split hose that cost about £10, otherwise general servicing.

I'm either quite mechanically sympathetic with my cars or lucky as neither the Clio or this ever had too many issues.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
So just read my last post and regret tempting fate.

2017 cost me a few quid on this.

Cambelt/Injectors/Front Springs/Tyres few other bits.

Then the occasional DPF fault became more and more regular and the car went in and out if garages a lot replacing all sorts including complete new throttle body, a selection of hoses and it seems like it was actually just the boost solenoid so that was a bit annoying as that was a cheap part compared to the throttle body.

Finally got it all resolved and bought a house then the first weekend in our new home I get an oil pressure low warning.
Took it to the local garage who tell me the oil was filthy and its scored the bearings??

Apparently to sort this would be an engine rebuild? Anyway took it off the road and rolling around in a spare family car.

Will no doubt stick a for sale ad up so if anyone wants to fix it or break it give me a shout.

Hopefully moving on to another exciting car a Volvo V40.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Kind of forgot I had this sitting at my parents house until my Dad just text me asking if I can get it off his driveway.

Anyone want to chuck me a few £'s and take it away to break or repair, Save me the hassle of eBay/Gumtree etc.

Will try and get some pics and up to date info on mileage and stick a for sale up but don't go to the parents that often.

Car is in Suffolk IP19