ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The American Dream - My Knight Rider KITT Project :-)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The dash looks great, I hope you can dim the lights at night otherwise it's gonna be like an 80's night club driving down the road ;)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
The dash looks great, I hope you can dim the lights at night otherwise it's gonna be like an 80's night club driving down the road ;)

Nope can't be dimmed lol. It's weird though it's not that bad to drive with lol. Countdown on the top is bright but you sort of look through it and can manage he he. Most distracting part is the voice box as it moves and "talks" to music lol and even worse when Kitt is actually talking ha ha

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I'm sure we'd pitch in to ensure it was there.

Very kind of you :) much appreciated! Hopefully by CSS the car will be totally totally finished. All consoles in and functional and in the next few weeks he will have a PA system installed so bystanders can also hear Kitt talking ;)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Well off to pick up some rear seats for KITT on wednesday, ones that will match the new PMD's and then i will have a spare set.... they are a freebie so may as well.
Painted the switchpods today, but need another coat or 2 before I can fit them!
Next on the list will be order the lower console and then the interior will be pretty much done and dusted!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Finally got the switch pods in today, tidies up the look no end ;) desp need to get a lower console now!
puguty9y.jpg

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Thanks mate :) the dash really transforms the car :) can't wait to get the final console in and have the KITT interior virtually finished! Pmds need recovering then they can go in too! :)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Kitt has been stripped of his front seats today and thoroughly cleaned :) ready for his pmd screen accurate seats being fitted on Monday!
taty5u6y.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/ybe4eved.jpg

Fitted the new leather rears
[ATTACH=full]1107639[/ATTACH]

And these will be going in on Monday (collecting em Saturday!)
[ATTACH=full]1107640[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• e8e8ezap.jpg
    e8e8ezap.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 41
  • ehu3egaz.jpg
    ehu3egaz.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 41
  Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Not ENTIRELY true. There was ONE episode in season 2 where Michael jumps from a truck onto kitts bonnet and you see leather seats through his windscreen lol. So TECHNICALLY...... I'm still screen accurate lmao

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Well thanks to my new job kitt has been neglected to f**k recently. Finally got to give him a wash and rotary polish today. Still nowhere near perfect but looks better than he did and is at least protected now!
yqe4equ9.jpg
mytyhy5u.jpg
u6u3upu4.jpg
hy4ere6a.jpg
y7e5asap.jpg

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I'm planning on replacing the wheels at some point for silver turbocasts. The ones I have on are virtually identical but are turbofins so the outer rim is slightly thinner and obviously not gold so these will do for now as proper ones are 1000 pounds ha ha

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Here's a few from a recent car show I did. Hopefully soon I can get his rust free hood painted and on the car as the one that's on is starting to look shabby! Eventually gonna look at having another respray I think of the whole car