ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The American Dream - My Knight Rider KITT Project :-)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Knew I had a pic. The screens hook up to my old iPhone :)
f0698d12515f58ef0da8d4040f6b4839.jpg

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Well thanks to my horrendous workload in March there isn't much to report at the moment. Got him through mot for another year thank god, got a replacement engine sat in the garage I haven't had time to touch yet lol and got a nice performance exhaust system winging its way to me as well. Now just need to actually make time to crack on with all these jobs ha ha
9ecf311296433238dd237710a77ee392.jpg

Just seen this project. Speechless to be honest, I grew up with Knight Rider, A-Team, Airwolf (old b'tard I know) wanted every one of them for real. Massive effort. Amazing work will follow this thread.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Am I ever going to get to sit in this thing and play with the buttons, please tell me you're bringing it to CSS, it's no even that far from you this year?

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Just seen this project. Speechless to be honest, I grew up with Knight Rider, A-Team, Airwolf (old b'tard I know) wanted every one of them for real. Massive effort. Amazing work will follow this thread.
Hopefully will be able to give some more interesting updates soon ha ha

Clio, Nova, Astra
Just read full thread awesome thread well done for keep going with it even when the money wasnt good.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I still look at the gold rims and want to drive over and paint them silver!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
My missus does a lot of modelling and one of the photographers wants to do a car advert style video with KITT which is pretty cool

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Once I have the pods wired in I'll try get a video of KITT chatting with me. He responds to certain phrases (albeit somewhat sporadically lol)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
f1eba764c70686a3e0f4fe774ca0311b.jpg

Refused to let torrential rain stop play on my weekend off and with the help of my mate we got the running lights fitted which nicely finish off the front end. Led so no f**king about with bulbs or s**t like that and just completes the front end look. Also got the switch pods wired in now!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
If they ever do pull you over I bet it's only to look at the car and play with the buttons.
Got it in one. Once accidentally drove from Doncaster racecourse back to the hotel 6 miles away and hadn't put the correct UK plate back on. Got followed all the way by a Beemer cop car, pulled up alongside me at the hotel and it clicked then I had no plate. He got out and asked if he could look round and sit in the car as he was a massive geek ha ha never even mentioned the plate!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Couple of pics here from Kitts first proper outing of the season! Only downside is when polishing him found rust on the windscreen pillar and door bottoms :( anyway enough negatives here's KITT looking sexy ha ha
a1efd2ac4f4a6cc812f7269508ee135f.jpg
fe561752b8635dd4f3e032f394a010ca.jpg
78beb252931e5ed331ad89e5dc0e48ff.jpg

Seat Leon 184
Knew I recognised this from somewhere! Walked past it this weekend outside Luppys in Morley! Amazing motor mate!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Does anyone know of a good body shop close to Huddersfield that would be able to repair my door bottoms and windscreen pillars????

Just read through a fair bit of this thread. I notice you mention rust creeping back in the areas it was previously, 3 years after being painted.