ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The American Dream - My Knight Rider KITT Project :-)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just read start to finish. . What happened to beetle. .. Ash is after a pug reg....
Epic work mate the car is a real credit...

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Finally installed my complete upper console yesterday (pics to follow) and my new engine and shocks is now collected from Cornwall on Wednesday (that was a long trip ther and back in a day!) so that needs cleaning up and fitting now. It kinda leaked in the van though on the way back ha ha ooooops

my7uzyma.jpg

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Just had another good read. Love this thread really needn't To see this car one day in the flesh.

O and if you do still have the pug plate I would be up fir buying it if its forsale.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Well........been offered a fully built season 2 dash, top spec, £2500.....and I can't bloody get it. Working part time only at the moment, can't get a loan, nobody to borrow off :( that dash is worth £1000 more than that its so devastating its untrue. :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Personally I'd be spending the money on the outside first making sure it's 100% accurate.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Outside is 99% there bar the slightly incorrect wheels but not paying £2000 for turbocasts when I have perfectly good turbofins that look virtually identical :) and the dash makes the car tbh

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Forgot to mention my good friend now has a Kitt replica too, was totally standard when he got it but nw has a nose and scanner :) here are some piccies!!
ute2usa3.jpg
nasa7y7e.jpg
bejurasa.jpg
yseby5uz.jpg
sa3aqy8a.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Having a front plate really f*cks up the look of the car.

Surely the Police as a whole would let you get away with not having one, ;)
I mean who doesn't like Knight Rider ffs?

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I know it ruins the lines doesn't it :( you can get a retractable plate holder from the states that can be controlled from a button in the car but its expensive! Worth it though for shows and the such!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
He he the dash really is the biggest piece of the puzzle. The pmd seats will be along too in a few weeks. They need recovering but at least I will have some!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Please paint the wheels silver! The gold is doing my head in!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Wheels are staying gold lol a lot at knightcon commented how nice they looked! And here are some pics of Rebecca Holden who played April on the show in and on my Kitt :)
qu6y4eva.jpg
5ape6a9a.jpg
sa2u2a8e.jpg
nugugequ.jpg
agu4azer.jpg
enubyduh.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
JESUS! April didn't age well did she?

Looks like the f*cking Joker with that Beverly Hill surgery smile,
cool to get her autograph on the car though, now you just need to find the Hoff.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I know lol. She's a really lovely woman though, not an ounce of diva ness in her. We stayed all weekend and on the Sunday she joined the organisers of the event and came to Harvester with us all! So cool! And she was staying in the same premier inn as us all too!

Yeah I need the hoff to sign it and mike scheffe (kitts original designer!)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
He is yeah :) and still doing stuff. Sadly he very very rarely attends conventions etc. during the shows screening he wasn't even in the credits as he didn't want to be credited for the role. His voice is instantly recognisable though. He was Finney in Boy Meets World and was in st elsewhere. He also cropped up in an episode of scrubs as one of 3 hospitalised doctors! Was watching it and heard the voice and was instantly saying "f**k me that's Kitt!" Lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The Hoff is always around the neath valley's area apparently due to his misses living there. Drive it down (let me see it) then go on the hunt for the Hoff lol

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Few shots from a little car show we did last night.
7u8eremy.jpg

Mines the one on the left obviously
vyga3ete.jpg

And again
ja6avu7y.jpg

Face off with Sy's Kitt
yzyvyte2.jpg

qu7ymude.jpg

u2apa6ed.jpg

a5a8epyd.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There is one in my hotel car park tonight.
No front plate and a blue and yellow rear plate saying "knight" so I assume he will be swapping back before getting back on the road.
Good way to avoid the anpr Parking charge though. Flol.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Hey guys!!! HUGE update!!! The dashboard is complete and IN the car!!! Will get a video up as soon as possible but here is a little preview of what it looks like. Apologies for lack of detail but was taken by my missus from the back seat! It's transformed the car he he he it's amazing! Well worth the money!!!
vymu7upy.jpg

Also the PMD seats have arrived and are in very good nick :) didn't get stung on import charges either which is awesome! Got leather covers lined up for em in the near future and matching leather rears too :)

Will get a video up soon promise!
And here are the seats assembled
pyde7yru.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
F*cking awesome, this thing better be at CSS this year!?

I want to sit in it, press all the buttons and pretend to be Michael Knight.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
All being well I can't see that being a problem ;) hope it's a bit closer to home than this years lol otherwise would cost a fortune in fuel ha ha