ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Supercharged Trophy

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Looks smart mate. Now stop wasting time and money and get it on track! [emoji14]
Your right Dave, lol! Just need to get myself a helmet. I hope you'll be joining me on my first one of the year in a couple of months. Just need to get the cambelt etc replaced. How was the rolling road session? Looked like you had a good result?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
A little bit of fabrication, with this homemade rear strut brace. Just need to get it painted to match the cage!
uploadfromtaptalk1427271436756.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Latest purchase is this OMP Targa wheel! I had one on my 172 and really missed it. IMO the standard wheel is just far too big! Excuse the poor quality of the photos and the random Tesco bag for life....
uploadfromtaptalk1427890440090.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427890447146.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Any info on how you made the brace please.
I'm about to remove my rear seats but want a bar in place to secure loads to when traveling.
Thankyou
Hi Marc,

It's pretty straight forward if you have access to the tools. Fortunatley I work In a garage! You need to get some straight sections of pipe about a metre in length and some 3mm plate. Using some oxycetolene heat the ends of the pipe and crush them in a vice. Leaving enough gap to push a strip of the 3mm plate Into the slit. Then its a case of zipping it up with a weld, and then marking it for drilling, and then just tidying up the ends. I'm lucky enough to have a mate who owns a body shop so the paint didn't cost me anything. Then the materials on eBay only cost me £14.60 so that's a very cheap rear brace!

Ex 182 owner
Cage looks epic mate especially with your rear seat delete floor, love the touch of colour too.

would have been interesting if Renault had opted for 16" custom 2118 instead of 16" Turinis. Love the rally car look of those types of wheels. like old quattro (monacos?).

...Shoes need a polish though ;)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Cage looks epic mate especially with your rear seat delete floor, love the touch of colour too.

would have been interesting if Renault had opted for 16" custom 2118 instead of 16" Turinis. Love the rally car look of those types of wheels. like old quattro (monacos?).

...Shoes need a polish though ;)
Cheers Chris!

I'm planning on getting my harnesses next month. Initially i was going to get silver but I think it will all look too "samey" instead I've decided on red as it will make a good contrast.

I'm not sure how the 2118's would look in 16" form. Probably quite smart actually, allthough it would make them pointless. As they are already much heavier than a turini!

The shoes do need a good polish lol! But I'd rather polish the T [emoji6]

Ex 182 owner
Out of interest did your gearknob come on the car or did you fit it?
Looking at doing it myslef. If you fitted how much of a T$%t is it to do?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest did your gearknob come on the car or did you fit it?
Looking at doing it myslef. If you fitted how much of a T$%t is it to do?
It was fitted to the car when I bought it mate. At first I couldn't stand it lol! But it's grown on me, and reminds me of all the tacky mods we used to do back in the early 2000's! It's actually made by richbrook and I'm pretty sure you can still get them from demon tweeks.

Yes mate thats basically how we fitted them, with a good quality sealant to stop any water ingress between the metal plate sandwich lol! And a good spray of stone chip on the plates on the underside.

And the cage will fit perfectly with the 3mm plate underneath it? Or is that the idea of the bolts. Please excuse my lack of knowledge lol

Also I assume you cut the plates to desired size?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
And the cage will fit perfectly with the 3mm plate underneath it? Or is that the idea of the bolts. Please excuse my lack of knowledge lol

Also I assume you cut the plates to desired size?
Yeah our plates were a little too large so we cut them down. Especially for the rear mounts. The plates obviously add a little height but it's a perfect fit as the pics show.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't done an update for a while so here goes!

The belts were due this September, not based on mileage but coming up to the five year interval.
So I thought I'd get them done a little earlier especially with a track session booked at CSS15.
Me and a mechanic friend from work tackled the job, and my God what a pain in the arse it was too! I'm no mechanic myself just very eager to get stuck in, and my friend who luckily is very skilled hasn't done the job before.
All though we had the correct locking tools it took us forever nearly 9 hours in fact, lol! Not sure if that's a CS record?
Either way it was worth it and the car drives superbly and doesent need to be touched for a while thankfully...

Other than that "minor" job the only thing I have done to the Trophy since was fit a smaller 3quarter plate which really tidy's up the front end!

Finally as mentioned CSS15.
What an absaloute awesome weekend! The car performed without issue and I really was wringing its neck! I had a real blast out on track even though it was my first ever time, I've been bitten by the bug and already looking forward to booking my next session.

Here's a few photos unsure of the quality though as being uploaded via my phone.

uploadfromtaptalk1438775725417.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438775729496.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438775733298.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Car looked great at CSS Rob and it was nice to chat to you and Kris :)
Very kind of you Mark! Your Ph1 looked stunning as always, looking forward to seeing what you do next to it!
Was great to finally speak to you in person, and maybe have another catch up say CSS16!? [emoji6]

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a read through. Awesome car and love the cage and s wheel

Gutted I didn't get to meet you or your car at CSS.
Was only my 2nd trackday. I had the best time! Epic stuff.

Thank's Dan!

Same bud I saw your car several times, and I was camped just over in the corner from where I think you were. In hindsight I should of just wandered over there asking for a Welshman! :wink:
Hope there's another opportunity to meet up soon? Possibly on track somewhere, or if not CSS16?

I've been bitten by the track bug that's for sure. I don't think I have ever had so much fun in car before, lol! You wouldn't of known it with the helmet on but I was grinning like an idiot the entire time!
Hopefully I'm booking up for Thruxton on the 11th of September :up:

Thank's Dan!

Same bud I saw your car several times, and I was camped just over in the corner from where I think you were. In hindsight I should of just wandered over there asking for a Welshman! :wink:
Hope there's another opportunity to meet up soon? Possibly on track somewhere, or if not CSS16?

I've been bitten by the track bug that's for sure. I don't think I have ever had so much fun in car before, lol! You wouldn't of known it with the helmet on but I was grinning like an idiot the entire time!
Hopefully I'm booking up for Thruxton on the 11th of September :up:

I wouldn't have been too hard to find either, only 2 Welsh guys at the whole show! [emoji33] ha ha

Yeah. Definitely the most fun I've ever had in a car! It's one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done. [emoji41]

Totally eclipsed the 1st track day I did at llandow.

Did you get any in car footage? Having a cage it's perfect for mounting a cam to [emoji4]

Would be good to meet up at an event! Possibly a trackday in near future? Or early next year?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't have been too hard to find either, only 2 Welsh guys at the whole show! [emoji33] ha ha

Yeah. Definitely the most fun I've ever had in a car! It's one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done. [emoji41]

Totally eclipsed the 1st track day I did at llandow.

Did you get any in car footage? Having a cage it's perfect for mounting a cam to [emoji4]

Would be good to meet up at an event! Possibly a trackday in near future? Or early next year?

I did get some footage mate, I borrowed my friends GoPro (fully intend to buy my own) but I've only managed to upload the clips to Facebook so far.
I'll try and get them up on the forum over the weekend, I only got a couple of videos as his battery was dreadful and I didn't have a long power cable!

I'm sure all the while we own these bloody Clio's and are on this forum we will keep in touch bud!