ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Supercharged Trophy

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Hello gents!

I thought I'd start a project thread for my latest acquisition, and my third Clio! The last two where both ph2 172's which I also created separate project threads for...

My first Clio a Monaco blue: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/robs-172-ahem-with-pink-wheels.603102/

The second was an Iceberg: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/robs-iceberg-project.721545/

As you can see they were both quite different! But I was going down the right direction with the Iceberg. However I got bored, and wanted to pursue a car I always wanted! An Audi B5 S4: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/sold-the-172-bought-my-dream-car.738674/

The Audi was truly a fantastic car, and personally the quickest car I have ever owned. Off the line and as long as it kept going in a straight line it was a ballistic missile! However it bored the hell out of me, especially in the bends. So after much thinking and plenty of annoyance to the wife! I realized that I missed the hot hatch buzz and started looking at Megane Sports. But decided that with the money I had, could buy me a much nicer Clio and from the two I owned previously I never finished them properly! I was originally looking for an RB182 Cup but this Trophy popped up for sale in North Wales so me and my mate Kris took a road trip from Hampshire and the rest is history!
10429429_10154438307485029_2241571147571445250_n.jpg

One of the listing photo's

10527583_10154442466805029_3897321870955517714_n.jpg
10579994_10154442466725029_4308408365543641249_n.jpg

The previous owner also had this little gem! (Marmite I know)

10385311_10154442428225029_8466877885249751799_n.jpg

The same day I got her home Mike popped over in his Trophy to give her a once over!

10612870_10154498050785029_6453793026037306066_n.jpg
10599656_10154498051075029_1918672170857666959_n.jpg

The first mod! Managed to swap my five Turini's (was given one as a spare) to a fella that had five 2118's!

10410944_10154462039470029_8981548517327220204_n.jpg
10472730_10154462039575029_8877318131580215690_n.jpg

Mine and Kris's car at work after a tinkering session.

1795704_1535714216645512_1834338591861185073_n.jpg
10632655_1536074459942821_2785467147376894555_n.jpg

Some photo's mucking around with "light painting"

I bought the car with about 90k on the clock with just a ktec exhaust. The Sach's suspension had a recent rebuild and overall the car was in fantastic condition, and I couldn't be happier! For me it really is a perfect little car, and I have promised myself to see this project to the end and not to get rid of it! If I do buy another car it will be my second.

Current Spec:

KTR Ultra performance exhaust with decat, KTR Induction kit, KTR Uprated engine mounts, Eibach sport line springs, Bilstein rear dampers (the original Sach's unfortunately were beyond repair, and lastly every single Powerflex bush!

Future plans include Pure motorsport solid top mounts, Whteline ARB and possibly a remap. As it stands though the car drives faultlessly and next year will be spent on track as much as possible!

Anyway, thank you for reading. My grammar etc isn't the best!

It's good to be back!

Rob.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Good work Rob, looking forward to catching up with you & Mike at a meet, plus any other Trophys that are in the area!

See you soon chap

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Nice motor :smile:

Thanks Jesus, I was reading though your project thread the other day which made me want to write one up of my own!

Good work Rob, looking forward to catching up with you & Mike at a meet, plus any other Trophys that are in the area!

See you soon chap

Cheer's Tim! Yeah that would be good. Although persuading Mike to come out to a meet is no easy task! :wink:
P.S Loving the white 2118's!

Trophy, Flamer, BG
Really like the light painting pics! Sounds like you've got yourself a nice Trophy there :blush:

Your car is amazing. When I was looking for a 182 your Trophy side on picture was my desktop background.
Seems a shame to sell it as its a beauty. I have a labrador and he sits in the footwell with no problems at all when I go for walks. Springers are a lot more energetic I don't think they sit still for a second.
Good luck with the sale wish I had the cash for it.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Your car is amazing. When I was looking for a 182 your Trophy side on picture was my desktop background.
Seems a shame to sell it as its a beauty. I have a labrador and he sits in the footwell with no problems at all when I go for walks. Springers are a lot more energetic I don't think they sit still for a second.
Good luck with the sale wish I had the cash for it.

That's very kind of you mate. It really is a shame and the car will be sorely missed! Mitch (my cocker spaniel) would also happily lay down in the foot well however... A. I don't want a dog in my car lol I'm far too anal when it comes to the car's cleanliness etc and B. It's not fair on him for longer journey's etc.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Don't know what to say (other than £2.5k cash for a friend). 😧
What's the likely replacement? Something trackworthy I hope?
Dave I love you mate, but not that much! :wink: Yes It still needs to be "trackworthy" but with a decent boot. Either an estate or a hatchback? Any ideas?

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
if your stripping it for the track, then an old duvet in the back is all you need for the dog, just need to take it out when not in use to reduce the odour, end of the day its only an old clio :smile:

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Take out the back seats, make up a hair/shat/dribble proof container for the mut.
can the missus not have the dog taxi?

Yeah we've decided for longer journey's that's what we shall do! I'm working on Suzi but she doesn't like "big cars" but I'm sure with time that will change. Especially once she's got used to it.

Good to hear that your not getting rid! It's sooo clean!

Thanks mate. I was thinking about it all day yesterday and decided I need to finish what I've started and I couldn't part with the T

if your stripping it for the track, then an old duvet in the back is all you need for the dog, just need to take it out when not in use to reduce the odour, end of the day its only an old clio :smile:

I don't know about an "old duvet" lol! It would look like a right dogging mobile (literally) haha! Our dog is crate trained so with the rear seats out it fits and he can go in there.

So this month I'm going to finally get round to replacing the timing belt etc, and then a few more mods! I'm thinking about getting the Pure Motorsport top mounts and strut brace package. Any one else fitted the two together? Thoughts?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Tidy

I like that a lot

Ebay cage?
Thanks Jon,

Yeah its an eBay jobby, it's the same one that's currently on the group buy. But me and my mate bought ours before that had started. I can confirm they are really rather good for the money. Needed a little bit of cleaning up, and fitted them with 3mm spreader plates. Jobs a goodun!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Jon,

Yeah its an eBay jobby, it's the same one that's currently on the group buy. But me and my mate bought ours before that had started. I can confirm they are really rather good for the money. Needed a little bit of cleaning up, and fitted them with 3mm spreader plates. Jobs a goodun!

Cars looking great John I've just ordered one of these cages for my trophy haha

how did you find fitting? did you go with the fitting kit alan supplied or make up your own? any chance of a few pics on the rear and how you've mounted it etc?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Cars looking great John I've just ordered one of these cages for my trophy haha

how did you find fitting? did you go with the fitting kit alan supplied or make up your own? any chance of a few pics on the rear and how you've mounted it etc?
Thanks mate,

I will get some more photos up for you later. Fitting isn't too bad, definitely a two man job lol! Take both the front seats out and go in through the drivers door with the front plates as far forward as possible. Then once in pull the whole cage backwards! We didn't use Alan's fitting kit just bought some good quality bolts, washers and nyloc nuts. The spreader plates we bought on eBay ready cut plates 3mm thick. Once drilled the front plates went underneath the car and bolted through the rear footwells and then the rear plates we used two as a sandwich between the rear wheel arch. Then finally given a good coating of stonechip. It's a very snug fit and overall very good quality.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate,

I will get some more photos up for you later. Fitting isn't too bad, definitely a two man job lol! Take both the front seats out and go in through the drivers door with the front plates as far forward as possible. Then once in pull the whole cage backwards! We didn't use Alan's fitting kit just bought some good quality bolts, washers and nyloc nuts. The spreader plates we bought on eBay ready cut plates 3mm thick. Once drilled the front plates went underneath the car and bolted through the rear footwells and then the rear plates we used two as a sandwich between the rear wheel arch. Then finally given a good coating of stonechip. It's a very snug fit and overall very good quality.

Ye pics would be great mate appreciate it! Any links to the eBay spreader plates and bolts etc?