ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Range Rover Driver Runs Over Bikers in NYC

ITB BG 182
I would have checked how much fuel I had, see if its good for a few hundred miles and take them on a nice long journey away from where they want to be.

An orange one
We've just landed back from NYC this morning, and we saw these bikes yesterday if its the same event, there was literally hundreds, got a video on my phone of them crossing 5th ave, pulling wheelies etc.

It was quite a sight tbh!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Saw this earlier, thought the range rover was a prick... Rewatching it properly... Why the f**k did that bell end biker stop, making the range rover rear end him?! Tosser biker

RB182FF & Mini
I challenge all these bikers

my weapon of choice .....

08__Marauder.jpg

Clio Trophy
Ive had my fair share of bikes .. but put in that situation with the family in the car I'd have needed low range/hill decent to get down off the pile of superbikes ...

Disastra Coupe
Some people on this forum are retarded! Okay, the biker shouldn't have cut him up. Any reason to run into him? WHEN YOUR FAMILY IS IN THE CAR!!! No... He put himself in that situation. Utter c**k.

If he had any sense he'd have thought 'Okay, guy on the bike is a dick but leave it be'

EDIT: Think i'll just make it clear i'm not defending the bikers, it went way too far. But the Range Rover should never have hit that bike or it would never have gone that far.

Last edited:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
The bike pulled infront of him and started braking. The driver of the RR might not have reacted quickly enough.

Then s**t hit the fan and he done what i, and probably everyone else would have done. s**t himself and sunk the boot!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Some people on this forum are retarded! Okay, the biker shouldn't have cut him up. Any reason to run into him? WHEN YOUR FAMILY IS IN THE CAR!!! No... He put himself in that situation. Utter c**k.

If he had any sense he'd have thought 'Okay, guy on the bike is a dick but leave it be'

EDIT: Think i'll just make it clear i'm not defending the bikers, it went way too far. But the Range Rover should never have hit that bike or it would never have gone that far.

Um I think they boxed him in mate.

I can see why the RR did what he did, and imo i'd of done the same, f**k stopping when there are that many nutjobs.

Bikers (or anyone) showing off in front of their mates, and it all escalates from there!

Disastra Coupe
I can see why the RR did what he did, and imo i'd of done the same, f**k stopping when there are that many nutjobs.

Bikers (or anyone) showing off in front of their mates, and it all escalates from there!

You can see why the RR ran into the first one? Oh my... Really? He has a family to think of, like i said he should have muttered wanker to himself and remained calm. The biker was in the wrong but when there's a group of that many bike's and your kid's in the car you don't ram him.

You can see why the RR ran into the first one? Oh my... Really? He has a family to think of, like i said he should have muttered w**ker to himself and remained calm. The biker was in the wrong but when there's a group of that many bike's and your kid's in the car you don't stick around to see how pissed off they are with you.

EFA.

Don't worry ch!ppen, you can't be right all the time ;)

Disastra Coupe
EFA.

Don't worry ch!ppen, you can't be right all the time ;)

Meh, it amazes me the lack of intelligence from people sometimes. If i had a kid and that happened to me, would i f**k have rammed him. I'd be annoyed but i wouldn't risk getting in a fight with them in front of my kid.

Meh, it amazes me the lack of intelligence from people sometimes. If i had a kid and that happened to me, would i f**k have rammed him. I'd be annoyed but i wouldn't risk getting in a fight with them in front of my kid.

He was clearly already going to get into a fight, the biker forced him into his bike..

Opinion's are like arseholes, everyone has one. I said what I'd do, you said what you'd do, we don't agree, oh well. Don't lose sleep over it.

Are you going to break test me now?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't mean he has to ram the guy does it? If he'd remained calm, muttered w**ker to himself then the bikers would have gone past him and thought nothing of it.

Oh believe me I don't condone ramming any biker off the road it's f**king stupid thing to do. But in this case to me it would seem he was blocked in and they were intimidating him, he felt backed into a corner and he wanted out, that option for him was to put his foot down. Certain people react differently in scary or dangerous situations, I suppose you would have got out held your hands up and said "sorry folks my bad I'll just be on my way now please don't follow me"?.

I think you might have watched a different video to most of us because from what I saw he did stay in the car and calm for a while before they had surrounded him and he decided to boot it after they clearly weren't pissing off, maybe attacking his car at an angle you can't see.

Disastra Coupe
He was clearly already going to get into a fight, the biker forced him into his bike..

Opinion's are like arseholes, everyone has one. I said what I'd do, you said what you'd do, we don't agree, oh well. Don't lose sleep over it.

Are you going to break test me now?

You're clearly out to try and wind me up... And it's not going to work. You can argue all you want, the fact is all that could have been avoided if he'd just not rammed the biker.

Disastra Coupe
Oh believe me I don't condone ramming any biker off the road it's f**king stupid thing to do. But in this case to me it would seem he was blocked in and they were intimidating him, he felt backed into a corner and he wanted out, that option for him was to put his foot down. Certain people react differently in scary or dangerous situations, I suppose you would have got out held your hands up and said "sorry folks my bad I'll just be on my way now please don't follow me"?.

I think you might have watched a different video to most of us because from what I saw he did stay in the car and calm for a while before they had surrounded him and he decided to boot it after they clearly weren't pissing off, maybe attacking his car at an angle you can't see.

I wouldn't have rammed him in the first place, like i said. So i wouldn't have had any confrontation off them...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Unless in the past, you've been surrounded by 100+ bikers in a country with a firearm problem, you can't say what you'd do. Nobody can.

The Range Rover bloke had less than a second to decide what to do and he did what he thought was best for him.

Disastra Coupe
Not at all, but out of all the 99% of posts sharing the same view, you choose mine to disagree with, so I just put .2$ across.

You posted after mine, so i chose to discuss your point with you as you were clearly online. Wasn't picking on you in any way rather than others.

RB Clio 182
But they have surrounded him and you can see at 46 secs another biker off his bike walking down!

How would he have known that 100+ bikers weren't going to smash his and his family's heads in?

You cant see whats going on from the camera but im guessing there were a few of them off their bikes trying to get in.

Disastra Coupe
Unless in the past, you've been surrounded by 100+ bikers in a country with a firearm problem, you can't say what you'd do. Nobody can.

The Range Rover bloke had less than a second to decide what to do and he did what he thought was best for him.

That's my point though, to me it looks like he could have slowed quite a bit well before all that so he could have easily had braking time. The firearm point just backs my case more. If i had my kid in the car, with all those bikers around and a risk of them having guns my gut instinct would not be to ram the guy.

It just seems like common sense to me. And that guy lacked it for that moment.

Disastra Coupe
But they have surrounded him and you can see at 46 secs another biker off his bike walking down!

How would he have known that 100+ bikers weren't going to smash his and his family's heads in?

You cant see whats going on from the camera but im guessing there were a few of them off their bikes trying to get in.

Think you missed my point, i'm not arguing him running the several bikers over. I'm on about the first biker.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
You're clearly out to try and wind me up... And it's not going to work. You can argue all you want, the fact is all that could have been avoided if he'd just not rammed the biker.
The Range Rover bloke didnt floor it straight away. You see the bikers all come to a stop and then some before he even moves. Clearly the bikers where being idiots and if a big group of people start gathering a round a vehicle i would expect that vehicle to charge at them.

What right does the whole group have intimidating one man and his family over something they caused ?

Chasing him down like a pack of hounds. Its ridiculous.

Someone said it earlier and i think they where right as well.

The only reason there was 1 injury to the driver of the RR is because all the bikers are s**t scared to go and get treatment because they know they will be linked to this event and will probably be in deep s**t.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The first biker deserved to be hit. What kind of spastic brake tests a 4x4 with a driver that is clearly going to be distracted by being intimidated by countless other bikers? 'Murica!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't have rammed him in the first place, like i said. So i wouldn't have had any confrontation off them...

I didn't actually know he rammed that first bike on purpose tbh, I thought they were distracting his attention when he was break tested and he nudged a bike on accident, I guess if it was on purpose then he is an idiot but I dunno I still doubt I'd be sticking around lol.

Disastra Coupe
The first biker deserved to be hit. What kind of spastic brake tests a 4x4 with a driver that is clearly going to be distracted by being intimidated by countless other bikers? 'Murica!

Even if he deserved to be hit, which he definitely was a **** for what he did, would you actually do it with your kid in the car and all those bikes around you? Wouldn't you think it's too risky when your kid is in the car?

I failed, i repeated it...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's my point though, to me it looks like he could have slowed quite a bit well before all that so he could have easily had braking time. The firearm point just backs my case more. If i had my kid in the car, with all those bikers around and a risk of them having guns my gut instinct would not be to ram the guy.

It just seems like common sense to me. And that guy lacked it for that moment.

It's easy to sit on the sofa and judge based on a video though. Until you're sat in a car with 100+ people wanting to kick your head in, you can't say what you'd do.

I'd like to say that i'd have avoided the situation too but if my wife and kids were in the car, i'd be prepared to kill 100's/1000's of people if it meant protecting them.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It's easy to sit on the sofa and judge based on a video though. Until you're sat in a car with 100+ people wanting to kick your head in, you can't say what you'd do.

I'd like to say that i'd have avoided the situation too but if my wife and kids were in the car, i'd be prepared to kill 100's/1000's of people if it meant protecting them.

Here here.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think people on this forum read enough. I'm not repeating my point.

So how was it being there at that time?

fact is you don't know if the RR seen the bikes brake lights when the foolish biker was brake testing him. He could easily have been distracted by many many other things going on around him.

Theres no way you can know unless you were there? And portraying your opinion as matter of fact as you are isn't helping people's attitude towards you

Disastra Coupe

Oh yea, if i thought my family was at risk i'd do anything to protect them. But to me it looks like he put them in danger by ramming the guy. Anyway, Family Guy is on soon. Peace lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Even if he deserved to be hit, which he definitely was a **** for what he did, would you actually do it with your kid in the car and all those bikes around you? Wouldn't you think it's too risky when your kid is in the car?

I failed, i repeated it...

Looking at the video, as per my comment about the range rover driver being distracted, it doesn't look like he hits the geezer on purpose. You'd have to be seriously (biker level ;) ) stupid to do that.