ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Range Rover Driver Runs Over Bikers in NYC

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Another video from the same group of bikers shows them attacking a prius as well, and loads of examples of jumping red lights and just thinking that no laws applied to them etc.

Then they claim that the RR hit another biker first. I'm sure they're outstanding motorbike riding was not the cause of it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Then they claim that the RR hit another biker first. I'm sure they're outstanding motorbike riding was not the cause of it.

Indeed, they were clearly riding like a bunch of dicks and expected everyone else to bend over backwards to get out of their way even when they were running red lights etc, anyone who didnt was then given abuse verbally or attacked physically in some manner and generally intimidated.

Fair play on the guy in the range rover for deciding he didnt want to be a part of their bullying.

Hope they catch the others involved and prosecute them too!

I wonder if the outcome would of been the same for the RR driver if this happened in the UK as in not being charged for anything as a result.

02 Iceberg 172
Don't blame the Range Rover driver for doing what he did, but unfortunately if I was him I'd would be fully expecting a lawsuit from the paralysed biker and/or his family...

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Don't blame the Range Rover driver for doing what he did, but unfortunately if I was him I'd would be fully expecting a lawsuit from the paralysed biker and/or his family...

Doubt that will happen when he was the cause of the whole incident.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I wonder if the outcome would of been the same for the RR driver if this happened in the UK as in not being charged for anything as a result.

Where's Ron when you need him!

I wouldn't think so, I would expect the guy who brake checked to be the cause of it. That's if he isn't charged with reckless driving (no idea if that's right).

Doubt that will happen when he was the cause of the whole incident.

The boy who was paralysed wasn't the one who brake checked. As far as I can tell reading the reports, he was one of the bikers who stopped up in front.

02 Iceberg 172
IIRC the guy who was paralysed was checking on the guy who was knocked down by the RR?

Anyway, being the USA I can almost guarantee that there will be a civil lawsuit against the RR driver...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, it's remarkably easy for the guy who's been hurt to play the good Samaritan now, there's nothing to say he wouldn't have walked up and tried to smash the RR and bits if he hadn't been knocked down.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Yeah, it's remarkably easy for the guy who's been hurt to play the good Samaritan now, there's nothing to say he wouldn't have walked up and tried to smash the RR and bits if he hadn't been knocked down.

He can't, in a medically induced coma. It's his family who are playing this card.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I realise that. But now it's over, whether he's awake or in a coma, it's very easy (for him or anyone else) to claim after the fact that you were going to help.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I realise that. But now it's over, whether he's awake or in a coma, it's very easy (for him or anyone else) to claim after the fact that you were going to help.

Agreed a million percent, if all the video shows is you running over and getting knocked down no one can prove if you were running over to administer first aid or to kick the hell out of the car or smash the screen with your helmet, only person who knows what your intention was is you, and you can lie.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Next years range rover is having a badge modification

RANGE ROVER

loses 3 letters to make

RAN OVER

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
null_zpsa4ceb477.jpg

E46 M3, Clio 182
I'm not sure if people had seen this, so thought i'd post it..

New York
Motorcyclist charged
in road-rage incident
A motorcyclist accused of smashing a window and catalyzing a bloody encounter between a group of bikers and the driver of a sport-utility vehicle was ­arraigned Sunday on gang assault and other major charges, while his lawyer said the motorcyclist’s role in the headline-grabbing case was unfairly overplayed.
Reginald Chance, the fourth person arrested in a case held up as a highway nightmare, was being held on $75,000 cash bail. Prosecutors said he played a key role in the SUV driver’s beating, which came after the driver ran over a biker in what the motorist’s family said was fear for his life.
While Chance didn’t participate in the beating, by shattering the SUV’s driver’s-side window, he “set into motion a chain of events that resulted in the driver being dragged out of his vehicle and beaten” by others, Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Samantha Turino said.
Chance’s lawyer, Gregory Watts, acknowledged his client broke the window in a burst of anger after the SUV’s door knocked him earlier in the encounter that went from a Manhattan highway to a neighborhood street.
— Associated Press

Here's the link if intrested (3rd story down):http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-11e3-bbed-a8a60c601153_story.html?tid=pm_pop