ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Range Rover Driver Runs Over Bikers in NYC

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I've been on a protest ride out and one car was unlucky enough to join the A1 in the middle of the pack, nothing he could of done about it but instantly a couple of tools were trying to intimidate him so I can see how this whole thing would of happened. A bunch of tools giving bikers a very bad name, w*****s. Can't really blame the guy in the range rover for doing what he did as he had his family in the car but I do feel a bit for the guy who was paralysed (could easily have a wife and kid at home) by the RR as he could of just been along for the ride and stopped when the whole pack did.

I've been on a protest ride out and one car was unlucky enough to join the A1 in the middle of the pack, nothing he could of done about it but instantly a couple of tools were trying to intimidate him so I can see how this whole thing would of happened. A bunch of tools giving bikers a very bad name, w*****s. Can't really blame the guy in the range rover for doing what he did as he had his family in the car but I do feel a bit for the guy who was paralysed (could easily have a wife and kid at home) by the RR as he could of just been along for the ride and stopped when the whole pack did.

Turns out he stopped to check the guy who brake checked the range rover and got bumped. Also has a wife and 2 kids at home.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Turns out he stopped to check the guy who brake checked the range rover and got bumped. Also has a wife and 2 kids at home.

Guy who came off worst did indeed seem to be not one of the trouble makers and was trying to help, but how the hell could the RR driver know that, it was all just a huge group of leather clad assailants from his point of view.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well this was an interesting one to miss whilst away. I can't believe some people, namely chippen, think the guy was in any way in the wrong.

Guy in a 3 ton RR was brake checked by 500kg or whatever of bike. Even if he wasn't surrounded and probably checking his mirrors like mad chances are he might not have stopped in time. It's a shame they haven't caught the other two yet but I'm sure more will come to light. It's not great that a guy who was "stopping to help" got so seriously hurt, but why put yourself infront of an RR with a guy that's clearly in distress? Stop somewhere more sensible.

The whole thing is entirely retarded and TBH I'm just surprised that when he stopped he didn't throw it in reverse and carry on going for it, it's not like they could ever truly "block him in" but I guess he was worried in some manner about the amount of people he might hurt.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
First rule of first aid is to ensure your own safety, I bet he wont make that mistake again if he does ever re-learn how to walk!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yep. Check for danger. Always.

It says they slashed his tyres, has anyone on here ever actually slashed a tyre? I don't imagine it to be that easy, so they must have had quite some knife with them!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It is actually pretty easy.

Really? Only reason I ask is I imagine it to pop and launch the knife back at you? Not only that, but having put a hacksaw to a tyre before, they're not exactly thin, especially low profile big old Rangie tyres with a minimal surface area to go for.

Fair play to the po-lice for not taking action on the RR driver. Shame for the guy that got hurt if he wasn't involved, but the others are a bunch of c***s.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nah. Only 40psi or whatever. Pulling the blade out is quite hard work as it gets trapped in the rubber. It doesn't get pushed out as 40psi over a tiny cross section of a blade is naff all pressure.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is that all a bike weighs? Would have thought a bit more than that.

Sportsbike yeah, dirty great harley like some of them were no doubt on as its America though is roughly double that, so add an american and some fuel and you are at 500KG easy.

I road a 1600cc or so Harley across florida a while ago and that was about 350KG IIRC, it was PROPER heavy compared to bikes im used to over here, lol.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I road a 1600cc or so Harley across florida a while ago and that was about 350KG IIRC, it was PROPER heavy compared to bikes im used to over here, lol.

?

r353149_1621990.jpg

;)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hate scummers that slash tyres, there was a couple little s***s going round the village I live in slashing tyres a few years back, c***s!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Blimey 500kg sports bike, more like 180.

Cannon fodder for a Range.

Not only does that emphasise my point further, it also gives me concerns as to whether you're a bit of a plank or not. I'm no bike man and I clearly put "or whatever" to demonstrate this, but nice catch all the same.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looked like that tyre popped rather than just punctured. Shame they don't always do that or tyre slashing would be a lot less common. Lol.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Yes IMHO

If I had to choose between my family getting assaulted, or I run over a load of people who were choosing to engage in violent acts against me and had the option to get out the way instead if they wish, I would do exactly what he did.

As far as I can see he got the hell out of there while running over as few people as possible.

Completely agree, if I had my wife and 2 year old daughter in the car and feared for their safety I wouldnt of been as "controlled" as him. No f**king way Id of wiped as many out as possible once they started chasing me again

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Completely agree, if I had my wife and 2 year old daughter in the car and feared for their safety I wouldnt of been as "controlled" as him. No f**king way Id of wiped as many out as possible once they started chasing me again

Same I would've been f**king swerving across all the lanes, c**ts would have either thought better of it or got mangled under the wheel of a 3 ton 4x4.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They'd have gone down like skittles if I'd be driving with my family in the car, they're lucky the guy in the RR seemed so considerate considering what was going on.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you are TRYING to hurt people with your car you do it like this:

They'd been teasing him with his baseball cap a few minutes before outside a club apparently.
He has now been convicted of 4 counts of attempted murder, and rightly so.

The difference in the way the range rover guy drives shows he is trying NOT to hurt people if possible, he just wants to get to safety and its unfortunate for him that idiots on bikes are throwing themselves in his path, but at no point does he actually try and hit them he just sometimes fails to avoid them, enormous difference!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^sickened when I saw that a while ago, Chip. Mainly because I know the location well and also have a few locals that drive a silver Corsa that I'd really not want to cross (I don't know the convict).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It does just go to show that no matter how hard you think you are, you need to be aware that the weedy little guy you are picking on might be a genuine nutter and find a way to proper hurt you even if they couldnt do so in a fair fight.

The trivial reasons some people will kill over are very surprising to those of us that are normal and decent!

It does just go to show that no matter how hard you think you are, you need to be aware that the weedy little guy you are picking on might be a genuine nutter and find a way to proper hurt you even if they couldnt do so in a fair fight.

The trivial reasons some people will kill over are very surprising to those of us that are normal and decent!

Rings true from a personal experience. A little prick (no more than 15) on a bike rode close by me in Leeds a good few years ago, while I was running. So close, he pulled my headphone out as the wire caught on his bike. After exchanging a few choice words, I told him to watch what he was f'ing doing and jogged on. Ten minutes later I was chased down by a group of six, incl him, on their BMXs in Leeds park. Left that evening with a broken nose, two black eyes, perferated ear drum and bruised ribs.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Rings true from a personal experience. A little prick (no more than 15) on a bike rode close by me in Leeds a good few years ago, while I was running. So close, he pulled my headphone out as the wire caught on his bike. After exchanging a few choice words, I told him to watch what he was f'ing doing and jogged on. Ten minutes later I was chased down by a group of six, incl him, on their BMXs in Leeds park. Left that evening with a broken nose, two black eyes, perferated ear drum and bruised ribs.

Ouch :(

Not good at all, as I was reading that I thought you were going to say he followed you home and vandalised your cars which is one reason to be "scared" of even a 10 year old these days if you own nice motors.
The world is increasingly full of people with utterly no respect for others sadly, and add in a bit of ego and thats a dangerous mix.

I bet the guy in the video I posted is from a culture where it would be seen as "honourble" to exact excessively violent revenge after being mocked and picked on briefly like he apparently was, its a poor situation when people attach more value to such things than that of a human life but its getting more common not less.

The whole gang culture of demanding "respect" and the quite ludicrous extents to which kids these days will go if they dont think they have been given it is definitely one of our worst imports from the states.
(respect put in quotes as its not respect, its fear, Im of the opinion that no one can ever really command more respect from others than they give to others which rules out ANY real respect of these types of scum)

And that brings us back to this huge gang of bikers who felt others should "respect" them and move out of their way etc, im glad on this occasion they collectively got a bit of what they deserved for their antisocial behaviour!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Let's be honest, they are just mckenzie man bag toting, nasal speaking bellends who need to be put down. Hate yoofs.

Totally agree with the majority of the comments in here. In the case of the poor RR driver those bikers acted like a pack of animals. He did the right thing albeit it made the bikers more angry, but what else could you do?

Especially when your loved ones are involved too he should reversed back at them IMO when he was in that traffic.