ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSN?!

Ph1 172
They'll never charge for online gaming...they don't need to. Was watching a programme on BBC3 last night about superbrands and thay looked at Sony and the PS3. It's unbelieveable how much money they lose on each console sold. The way they make their money is through blu-ray sales...sony get a cut of every game sold and a cut of ALL blu-rays sold because they own the patent.
Have a look on BBC iplayer for 'Secrets of the Superbrands'.

Off topic but another company they look at is Nokia. Did you know they've been around since 1865 and they started out selling rubber shoes/boots and toilet paper?!? lol

I saw that show last night, was pretty good, interesting stuff about google collecting all the data on what people search for on the net.

Black Ph2 172
I saw that show last night, was pretty good, interesting stuff about google collecting all the data on what people search for on the net.

Very interesting show alright...i think that was part 1 of 3. The stuff about google was frickin scary :eek:.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay I've got on. For the people not understand why some of us are waiting for emails, well, I basically just followed the original email that Sony sent out. They said you can change your password via PS3 or PC. Seeing as though I was sitting in front of the PC I thought I'd just do it that way, however, as someone posted, they're currently having problems with that. Logged into the PS3 last night and as I tried logging in it told me to change password, did so and got in fine first time. So try that people! A new question... how the hell do we get our free games!?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How do you get the free games if the store is down guys?

Bumder With A Buffer
I dont understand why people are having to wait for an email??

I turned on my ps3 the other week and did the update...turned it on Monday and went to sign in..it asked to to put in a new password and jobs a good-un.

Its as easy as that on your main account Richy, other accounts you use it sends you an email, which is great when you made up an address for a new PSN name...

Yeah not sure either. It mainly applies to people who don't have the original PS3 they registered with. There are plenty of exceptions though as I have a refurb model when my original one died but I didn't have to wait for a mail, just reset my password and job done.

I logged into my Yank account, Jap account and 2 other accounts on my ps3 yesterday and got asked to pick a new password. In-putted new password and up and running with them. None of them are main accounts they are secondary ones. Odd.

On a side note I now have the YLOD :(

Bumder With A Buffer
Rofl I reckon rockstar had a telling off from Sony.

My PS3 has been fine since before the update, ive been playing Red dead redemption, did the update on Monday and as soon as online with blops boom ylod.

Could just be coincidence but mine has had this issue before. Mines an original PS3 and the hardware is slightly different.

If I buy LA Noire on Friday and it doesn't work on my PS3, I swear to god I'm going to start killing people.

(and this post will be quoted on the news)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
A mate of mine who uses hacking forums and other stuff downloaded a list of PSN details the other day that he said was posted on there. Quite interesting to see how many people out there acctually got there stuff taken ?

Sam!

Edit: He linked me to the names.. http://pastebin.com/cXdH7npr

Weeman sucks ****
I've just done a hard drive swap/upgrade, all of my map packs etc are gone and can't get onto the store to re download. SONY ARE JOKERS!!

Weeman sucks ****
I didn't know it was down. backed it all up last week onto a usb drive. I'll just have to redo them when it's back up.

Still a joke, they should be stored on the ps3 for backing up?!

Monaro VXR
I didn't know it was down. backed it all up last week onto a usb drive. I'll just have to redo them when it's back up.

Still a joke, they should be stored on the ps3 for backing up?!

Wait you removed the playstations internal storage and are moaning that it doesn't store it on the playstation? Where do you expect it to store all the Data? It's not like they are going to provide the thing with a 2nd hard drive or Solid state storage.

You know you could have just hooked the drive up to a PC and copied the files over that way?

Weeman sucks ****
Can you not read? I backed up using a usb drive as you are supposed to.

And i'm not moaning, asking questions for advice

Clio 1.2 16v
in future mate the best way to do it is by doing a full data transfer, that way it copies all the game saves and downloads not just the game saves, just sit tight and wait for the store to come back up

Weeman sucks ****
jeez can no body read. i did the full data swap/back up.

for some reason the map packs aren't there, everything else is trophies/game data etc

Weeman sucks ****
I didn't know you could, my bad.

I followed a guide to transfer 'ALL' data onto a new HDD. I didn't see anywhere about anything being lost. Either way, I'll get it all back just need those monkeys to get the store back on.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
PSN is just fail, i have deleted everything of mine off my PSN account that i could. including all my playstation wallet details. and sony wonder why die hard playstation fans like me have now got xbox 360's.

my PS3 has been unable to connect to PSN for over a month now.