ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 sprint & hillclimb car

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Right I thought that an up date was well overdue as I have not been feeling the love for the old Clio recently due various reasons mainly cash and shiftwork preventing me doing events.

Of the 3 I have done this year I was 0.5 sec faster at Aintree which was very cold and the other 2 events were hillclimbs that I had not been to for a few years and both were very wet.

We are at 3 sisters this sunday which looks like another wet event :dapprove: but will be a good class battle with another couple of clio's and some other rapid cars so its worth coming down if anyone is local and say hello as 3 of us are on here.

In march this year I took the car to BTB to have a new system fitted which was a 182 cat modded to the same diameter pipe as the rest of exhaust and their stealth system as people have said they are very high quality and sound great !!

I then dropped the car off at TDF to have the AT power ITB kit and EC1 ecu fitted as I needed to keep the slam panel for the class we run in it was the short intake pipe version.

Matt did a mega job on the mapping which on an otherwise standard engine made 205hp and 173lbft torque :clap:

I think this is the best he had (has?) seen.

See map and install pics below, I fitted the heat shield and catch tank to comply with the hillclimb regs.

photo-2.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

See you sunday chaps ;)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Think it's more than a hotdog lol and I think it's your round Johnny !!

On another note it looks like it may stay dry until late afternoon yay !

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Well it was a good day, a bit of rain, some banter and some good Clio fun lol

On a downside not enough timed runs:mad:

Good to see you down there James;)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Well it was a good day, a bit of rain, some banter and some good Clio fun lol

On a downside not enough timed runs:mad:

Good to see you down there James;)

Yep a good day just let down by the lack of runs - approx 6 mins running in the car, no the best in terms of cost, looks like we may have to go round in circles next year :race:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
It was a double lap so its harder to have more that 3 cars on the circuit at anyone time , but other clubs seem to manage it better.

Feeling the love a bit more for the little clio though :eek:

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Having parade laps with 90 cars wasted a lot of time..................

This was taken from uphill racers : 'Extra edit : I should point out that this was a longer 2 lapper, so decent value'!

Thanks guys for having me the other day was great to see you and John again and really good to meet Russ :)

I still haven't had chance to go through the photo's as i'm useless but I have got sometime tomorrow evening so will do my best to sort them then!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Danfreeman photo has no worries about you becoming our official photo taker then :rasp:

Glad things are sorted AST wise let me know when your testing and I will try to come along.

Cheers

Haha apart from the fact i'm useless at loading them up I'm also useless at taking pictures so no one has anything to worry about ;) lol

Thanks Colin, that would be great thanks I will let you know :)

Hello Ash and the other 2, good to meet you and hope you can get some time in the car, I'll be doing Curborough Colin as you know Sun, and then the Longton 2 lapper back at 3 Sisters, good luck with the triathlon this weekend, you must be mad lol, ps do you still need to borrow my arm bands for the swim

Regards Russ......

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Russ let me know when i need to book;)

My car's back with Fred this weekend so i might have an extra 2 sec's i need ;)

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I'm not getting involved that sounds like fighting talk John, I'll get my coat.
I've just cleaned the car so at least I can keep up with the other 2 detailers in 1B:rasp:

Regards Russ........

Russ I might move to SB Colins taking it to serious now:rasp:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Just bought my trisuit Russ it's very tight lycra and I will wear it under my race overalls at Aintree as I know you like that sort of thing ;)

You know you want my itbs Johnny .....

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Just bought my trisuit Russ it's very tight lycra and I will wear it under my race overalls at Aintree as I know you like that sort of thing ;)

Why would i want to make my car even slower:rasp:

Ha ha ha haaaaaaa nice one, I'd enjoy the lycra more if you were on the your bike at Aintree,:rasp: hang on you'll probably be quicker as well:rasp:
have a good weekend I hope the weather holds out for you.

Regards Russ........

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Here's a video of my quickest run last time out.

[video=youtube_share;3jL_wVdcGLI]http://youtu.be/3jL_wVdcGLI[/video]

My next event is at Scammonden dam hillclimb which is off J23 M62 on the 19th august.

Cheers

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Ive booked Aintree a while back and want to do Wigan but just waiting to get my car back of Fred so just waiting to see how it is.............

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Well thats another rain filled day :rolleyes: started off nice and sunny then rained most of the day after the 1st timed run so no improvement on that time but I got slowly quicker in the wet.
Beginning to think I am jinxed and wonder if its worth all the effort and money for 5 minutes of track time :S :dapprove:

That's a shame mate :( We had rain here most of the afternoon too!

Stick with it mate :) You not tempted to do a trackday and just get more time in the car or is it the competition you like?

PS the memory card with the pics is finally in my computer!!

Well thats another rain filled day :rolleyes: started off nice and sunny then rained most of the day after the 1st timed run so no improvement on that time but I got slowly quicker in the wet.
Beginning to think I am jinxed and wonder if its worth all the effort and money for 5 minutes of track time :S :dapprove:

That's the main thing stopping me doing hillclimbs.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Worked it out a while ago, Hillclimbing is similar to F1 in terms of money to track time ratio.

Course the rest of the day you spend chatting and watching everyone else.