ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 sprint & hillclimb car

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I thought my season had finished but raided the kids private school fund (as if !) and will be at Anglesey on sunday 9th doing the international circuit :D

Weather looks bad but I like the wet !! I have made a few changes with the car in the interest of making it more user friendly for the winter so have refitted carpets,airbags,standard retrimmed wheel,exhaust and drivers seat but removed flocked dash,ktec stealth,rear cage,ktec mounts,race battery,modified airbox and race seat.
May put the cage back in though as I have no where to store it !?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Well a bit of a disaster today, the changes to the car made it like a new car , slower and lardy and driven badly lol

Heres 1st practice.

Heres 2nd practice , if at 1st you fail try again..........

I managed to get it together on the last run but only managed 2nd (by default as 2 failed to finish a timed run).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Colin,

At least you went, but looking at that I'm glad I wimped out and watched Rugby, it looked lethal as it always is in those conditions, love the Bus steering wheel lol, now you know what it's like for me.

Regards Russ.....

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
2012 Season :race:

Well I thought i'd better bring this back upto date so here goes,

My overalls were the old Proban which is now not allowed so I bought a nice 3 layer FIA suit from playskool motorsport http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/RaceLidz-Speed-3-Layer-FIA-Approved-Suit-282.html I also bought a balaclava as I use an open face helmet.

So if you wondered how much it costs to start our "cheap" club sports the suit is £275 , licence which is Non Race National B is approx £40 , club memebership £15 but I already have an approved helmet and gloves from last year approx £300.
Entry fee's are around £100.

So my 1st event is at Aintree (28th) on this saturday followed by Olivers Mount on the sunday (29th) which is near Scarborough so if anyone is competing there or just spectating come and say hi !! :)

2012 Season :race:

Well I thought i'd better bring this back upto date so here goes,

My overalls were the old Proban which is now not allowed so I bought a nice 3 layer FIA suit from playskool motorsport http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/RaceLidz-Speed-3-Layer-FIA-Approved-Suit-282.html I also bought a balaclava as I use an open face helmet.

So if you wondered how much it costs to start our "cheap" club sports the suit is £275 , licence which is Non Race National B is approx £40 , club memebership £15 but I already have an approved helmet and gloves from last year approx £300.
Entry fee's are around £100.

So my 1st event is at Aintree (28th) on this saturday followed by Olivers Mount on the sunday (29th) which is near Scarborough so if anyone is competing there or just spectating come and say hi !! :)
It's never cheap is it Colin :( Best of luck for both days! I wish I was free to come over and spectate but hopefully next time :)

So am I but I am coming straight from nights so may sleep through most of it :sleepy:

Should see you Saturday Colin, looks like you'll have a good day, I'll bring my overalls and lid just incase there's a chance of a double drive lol.

Will you be in the same car John as every time I see you it's changed, the Trophy looked nice at 3 Sisters,

regards Russ.............

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Will you be in the same car John as every time I see you it's changed, the Trophy looked nice at 3 Sisters,

regards Russ............

I'll be there tomorrow Russ, the Trophy's a keeper;)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

regards Russ............

I'll be there tomorrow Russ, the Trophy's a keeper;)

Cams in then out...tpi bolts...Si tow eye... to name a few lol see you in the morning Johnny, make sure its a dry day !!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
No problem there Russ but its a full entry ? I will get the barby rockin :p

Should see you Saturday Colin, looks like you'll have a good day, I'll bring my overalls and lid just incase there's a chance of a double drive lol.

regards Russ.............

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Here's a few quick videos from this weekend, I came 2nd at Aintree and 1st at Olivers mount (but only me in the class :p).

I will do a full report when I have a bit more time.

This is from todays paddock

[video=youtube_share;tdFC3VusT8o]http://youtu.be/tdFC3VusT8o[/video]

Aintree which was very cold!

[video=youtube_share;qUbQeyaJtX0]http://youtu.be/qUbQeyaJtX0[/video]

And Olivers mount which was damp....

[video=youtube_share;uYtHQvfEzO4]http://youtu.be/uYtHQvfEzO4[/video]

I need to improve on a few things but its been a long winter not competing

:sleepy:

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Looks a short track Colin . I bet you got more runs than we did yesterday...............

Hello Colin, that was a long weekend for you,

You were going well at Aintree, sorry I couldn't stay till the end just got to cold.

Well done at Olivers Mount that looked a great run in those conditions for a first visit.

Regards Russ.......

Look's great Colin and great results :) slightly damp at Olivers mount ;) Really wish I could of made it to watch but hopefully next time, Video's look awesome and the car is sounding good! I will reply to the PM in 2 secs!

Really want to come to one of your events this year mate
Come to Harewood in August Jay :) I'm hoping to enter too!

Would be awesome if you all entered wiscombe. Probably too far to drive though.

Nice update Colin great driving in the wet on a course you hadn't done before.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Have a good day Colin might see you at Aintree or Wigan the end of the month...................

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Think practice is at 9am will be good to see you if you make it.( are you changing seats again or am I mixing up threads ? lol )

Perfect well if I can make it I will be there at about 10ish but will have my little half brother with me and will only be able to stay a few hours but will still be good :)

Was trying to but heard from Sabelt today and they have shipped the new Taurus so couldn't swap to the Titan :( I guess I will have to put up with not seeing behind me lol

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Well it's absolutely pissing down here , meeting still not started and it will get worse with all the mud and sheep droppings being dragged on to the start :S Looks more like a rallycross.