ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 sprint & hillclimb car

As promised ;) I did say the photo's wouldn't arrive quickly nor be of good quality :p

DSC_1029.jpg
DSC_1011.jpg
DSC_1005.jpg
DSC_1002.jpg
DSC_0963.jpg
DSC_0674.jpg
DSC_0671.jpg
DSC_0596.jpg
DSC_0587.jpg
DSC_0563.jpg
DSC_0552.jpg
DSC_0544.jpg
DSC_0543.jpg
DSC_0375.jpg
DSC_0372.jpg
DSC_0370.jpg
DSC_0339.jpg
DSC_0337.jpg
DSC_0332.jpg
DSC_0284.jpg
DSC_0226.jpg
DSC_0204.jpg
DSC_0201.jpg
DSC_0186.jpg
DSC_0140.jpg
DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Well thats another rain filled day :rolleyes: started off nice and sunny then rained most of the day after the 1st timed run so no improvement on that time but I got slowly quicker in the wet.
Beginning to think I am jinxed and wonder if its worth all the effort and money for 5 minutes of track time :S :dapprove:

I hear what your saying Colin it gets me down also, but its fun when theres at least 10 in our class and the banter begins;)
Also like James said do a few trackdays i do at least 5 a year

Well thats another rain filled day :rolleyes: started off nice and sunny then rained most of the day after the 1st timed run so no improvement on that time but I got slowly quicker in the wet.
Beginning to think I am jinxed and wonder if its worth all the effort and money for 5 minutes of track time :S :dapprove:

Hello Colin,
I thought you would have had better weather in the afternoon, I think you need to do a season without spending on the car and run some other events, I'll be doing this next year running the car as is, I'll be doing the 2nd 3 Sisters 2 lapper and may call to watch John at Aintree.
Thanks for posting the photos James it's good to see how the car sits tbh, and another bonus is my car doesn't look as dirty as I thought next to the other 2 detailed Clios:rasp:

Regards Russ..........

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Ive just bought the missus a Fiesta 1.4 zetec so i might change classes next year and its lovely and clean

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Some good pictures there James, cheers.

There's only one person who brings along detailing polish......

Standard is the future...

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I think i might be checking Russ's man bag at the next sprint, i bet theres loads of Maguires cleaning products;)

Some good pictures there James, cheers.

There's only one person who brings along detailing polish......

Standard is the future...

Ha ha ha ha true Colin , it's called Showroom Shine off the shopping channel Ideal World, no water and the car looks like new as long as you don't get to close, won't be using water again, the cars never had water on it since I aquired it.

Can't call at Aintree to spectate John as I'm working, I've just downloaded the entry form for 3 Sisters Longton event and I'll be sending off mid week, you 2 running?

Regards Russ........

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I think I may put a late entry in for Aintree as Rons sent me an email reminder and 3 sisters but they are both from nights so not decided yet :sleepy:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Anglesey sprint.

This was the last sprint of the year and we had nice weather for a change but as it was a british sprint championship round ment that it would have a top 12 run off which means the quickest 12 cars usually the single seaters get an extra 2 go's at our expense :S means we only got 2 practice and 2 timed runs. My best time was 109.27 and this was for 2nd place as sprintcup managed a 109.10 to win the class, well done mate.
Heres the video of the run , I wanted to try 3rd for the banking but as we didnt geta 3rd run and I made a few small mistakes running wide in Banking and the hairpin lost what I had gained on the long run upto rocket.

[video=youtube_share;yzNpS8G2ZKw]http://youtu.be/yzNpS8G2ZKw[/video]

So thats another season over, already making plans for next year, nothing is 100% yet but I doulbt I will be sprinting this car again and have started to put it back to standard.

The end ?

Hello Colin,

Yes it was a great day weather was good, pity we only got the 2 timed runs, I reckon you'd have done me tbh as I was on the limit on the T1r's just cooked them, still the car was 2-5 seconds quicker than in standard trim, so I'm happy, at best I reckon a high 108 was possible for me.
Just double drive mine next year untill we see how things go.
Good to see John running as well, plenty of good banter.

Regards Russ........

I didn't realise you were competing at Anglesey Colin! Great video and will be a shame to see the end of competing this car but I can understand why. Look forward to seeing where you guys end up next year :)