ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 sprint & hillclimb car

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
just looking through and noticed one of the days was at the 3 sisters, im within walking distance and my mate used to ride supermoto there and never knew these days took place lol, i would have liked to come and watch given the chance, oh well always next time

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
just looking through and noticed one of the days was at the 3 sisters, im within walking distance and my mate used to ride supermoto there and never knew these days took place lol, i would have liked to come and watch given the chance, oh well always next time

Your in luck we are there on the 11th sept !!

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
no way, how much to get in? i hope i cna make it? what event is it exactly because they looked to be mostly clios on the pics last time ?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Think its a fiver or free before 10 ?

Lots of cars from Clios to Evos, single seaters , Ferrari's .....lots to see and you can wonder around the cars and speak to the drivers as we are a friendly bunch!!

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
sounds good buudy, im considering organising a mini meet there, just a coupple of members off here who would enjoy the day and speaking to you guys :)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
No that's 2012 ! Look further down for this years events.

We are at Aintree this saturday.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
A quick report from yesterdays very wet Aintree. I came second , pipped at the last run as a double driven 205 beat my best time by 2 10ths of a second (well deserved as he drove very well).
Despite the rain I was only a couple of seconds slower than my dry time in july where I won my class.
Not had time to go through all the video from my runs as my disc is full so heres my second practice run.
The AD08 tyres were excellent in the wet and the Quaife diff makes a massive difference as you can feel it working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Colin, Looks great in the videos! How was the back end? Did you do any other adjustments since last weekend? Congrats on the second place and i'm glad the diff is making a noticeable difference :)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hi James

I left the set up the same as Harewood which worked well , I think mine is too soft as it handles very well in the wet.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Heres a HD video of my fastest run , very pleased with the quality of the camera as it picks up all the rain drops.

And a video of the wettest run , its hard to see but it was sliding and moving around as I had to change my lines abit.
A Westfield went off on this run on the staight !

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Heres a couple more videos from my last round at 3 Sisters , the 1st run was very scrappy including an off and the 2nd video is my quickest run which got me into 2nd position ( again !! )
I was planning on going to Anglesey in october but have run out of funds so thats it for this year.
Not sure what I will be doing next year, may just do the odd round to fit around my shifts and may even be in a standard car (and not necessarily in a Clio ?)

The end...

Well done Colin, I keep saying to Thorpey still life in the old 5, sorry I couldn't get across spectate good to see you had a good day with the weather, hope to see you next season in what ever you run, did Dave run in the other Cup as I noticed he ran in his BM at Anglesey last time out.Noticed Gary Thomas smashed the course record!!!
Nice run at Aintree by the way as Tony said very smooth I'd have been about 6 seconds off you in those conditions.

Regards Russ.............

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Dave W ? in the gripper Clio ? No he didn't run what did he run in at Anglesey as he only had a problem with his plug leads?
Russ's car is quick !

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Looked good Colin .

I called up on the Saturday to watch for a couple of hours but it was a bike sprint. Note to self check the date next time:eek:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Thought I'd remove the cage and race seat and put them into storage today, got everything out and put carpets etc back in then was putting the central console back in and was hunched over fitting the screws when I felt a "ping" in my lower back followed by pure agony arrrggghh :mad: I had to wait until the Mrs came home to help me get out and lie down on the hall floor.
Now off work and going to the chiropractor tomorrow , not sure whats going to hurt more, my back or my wallet :eek:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
What you doing with gearbox?
Not selling up Tony, next years events dont start until april so just making car my user friendly. I am getting far too old for no carpets and a droney ktec exhaust.
Would love to go rallying again as there is a tarmac rally at 3 sisters soon and its only £150 for 28 miles vs 5 for £100 sprint.
Will give it some thought over the winter and see how my shifts and cash are.