ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peugeot RCZ Facelifted...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
First up I'm a massive massive fan of the car in general, mostly for the styling. They deserve so many plaudits for sticking with so many of the concept ques that made it special. Beautiful car imo.

It drives well, simple fwd so many will say more show than go, okay the interior could be that little bit more upmarket but the cost reflects this.

I'm a sucker for good looking cars, they don't always have to be the best driving car in the world. It does need a decent engine and some noise though. Oh and a gearbox not from Peugeot.

u3a2uved.jpg

2azepy3y.jpg

9u6esy2u.jpg

The Peugeot RCZ finally loses its dated pre-facelift 308-style nose with a new look of its own, thanks to a facelift that will debut at the Paris Motor Show. Even better, Peugeot will also show an ‘RCZ R Concept’ – previewing a 260hp version that’s confirmed to arrive next year.The RCZ’s new nose has a smaller grille and a bolder lower air intake that runs the full width of the front end. The headlight innards have been subtly reshaped, and have either aluminium or titanium backgrounds. It of course also incorporates LED daytime running lights, hidden behind smoked lenses, which Peugeot says are designed to look a bit like claws.
4_ph_peugeot_rcz_facelift-t.jpg

The rest of the facelifted RCZ, which goes on sale in early 2013 is unchanged: the rear end didn’t need any restyling, and the double bubble roof still looks distinctive. It’s just that the front now blends in better with the rest of it.Even less has been done inside: the fact Peugeot points out the gear lever surround is now lacquered black tells you everything. For the record, GT models now have door trim pads trimmed with leather inserts, and they also gain a pair of aluminium inserts for the centre console and dash.
What Peugeot is keen to press is a new range of personalisation options. This is all the rage on models like MINI and Citroen DS3: now, Peugeot is offering choices including lacquered black grill bars, three roof arch colours, two carbon roof options, three body decals, 10 alloy wheel designs, two new colours and a smart ‘Black Pack’ exterior pack that does exactly what it says.
1_ph_peugeot_rcz_facelift-t.jpg

A sound symposer is added to the 1.6-litre THP 156 and THP 200 models, amplifying the rort of the engine, and the stereo now has Arkamus digital sound processing. The sat nav system is upgraded to the latest Peugeot Connect RT6 setup, with 7-inch screen and perspective view.And the most exciting new RCZ of all? The RCZ R Concept, sporting a 260hp 1.6-litre THP that will see it become Peugeot’s most powerful production car ever. The specific output of 160hp/litre is among the highest of any road car in the world, yet Peugeot also reckons it’ll emit 155g/km CO2 and average more than 40mpg.
The matt black and copper livery purposefully ties in with the Onyx supercar also revealed at Paris, with further promise offered by a suitably ‘R’ chassis tune and standard Torsen limited slip differential. It’ll go on sale next year and looks to us like an interesting new entrant into the sports coupe sector. VW Scirocco R, watch out?

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Christ almighty they were quick with this!

How old is the Mk1 ffs?

I see they are going to be making an 'RCZR' @ 260bhp... I am failing to see why anyone in their sane mind would get one over a TTS/used TT-RS

(I do like these btw, i just think the BMW/Audi/Merc equivalent's are just too hard to ignore)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Price mate. Audi actually helped design the RCZ.

It's only a facelift not a new car and the old one has been out a lot longer than you think.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Theirs s**t loads around by me.

I think they do look ok for a Peugeot, but the interior is poor IMO, really poor. Why make all that effort in making quite an attractive car too let it down with interior. But as you did say gall, price reflects this.

Wish Peugeot would enter the hot hatch world again though rather than following a designers dreams.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Theirs s**t loads around by me.

I think they do look ok for a Peugeot, but the interior is poor IMO, really poor. Why make all that effort in making quite an attractive car too let it down with interior. But as you did say gall, price reflects this.

Wish Peugeot would enter the hot hatch world again though rather than following a designers dreams.

208 gti will be out soon. The standard 208 isn't actually a bad car. It won't be knocking the 200 or the new RS off it perch though.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Price mate. Audi actually helped design the RCZ.

It's only a facelift not a new car and the old one has been out a lot longer than you think.

You said it yourself, the used market is simply buyer orientated at the moment... Ofcourse people have to buy new cars but lets face it, from memory, a new RCZ is 24-26k starting?

How could you ignore this; http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/tt-mk2-07-current/audi-tts/712139

(Quickly found btw, the market is flooded with examples priced as such)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
I hate the steering wheel in these I dunno why but it just dates that interior, they have been using that same design since the 307 back in 2000, and it was bland and in interesting then.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I hate the steering wheel in these I dunno why but it just dates that interior, they have been using that same design since the 307 back in 2000, and it was bland and in interesting then.

Same problem with Lolvo. yuck.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Looks miles better now it doesn't look like a shitty 308 at the front. I think it's better looking than a TT but it would be better to buy in a few years when it's lost most of it's value.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its a good looking car ill grant you that gally but if it were made by ford it would be so much better.

I dread to think what one will drive like in 4-5 yrs time.

At the end of the day its french so will rattle to death quicker than most.Tis a nice looking car though...

Goliath I
From the outside it looks good, a head turner. However the interior is still very much Peugeot and I Peugeots interiors.

It goes well, sounds meaty but if you woke up in one you would probably pass it off as a 308 or so.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agree with Ian though about the Ford thing. It could be superb. They really need a fresh car, coupe style.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
although i do appreciate peugeot are built this for a market. i think the market is ridiculous. buying a car based entirely on looks is stupid imo.

ofc i think it looks good though

120d M Sport
I'm with you on this gally, I think its a well intended car and has a lot to offer. I actually reckon its the most positive car in Peugeots current line up, although hopefully the 208 gti will lift things for them a bit.

The difference is these are actually meant to be half decent to drive unlike most of Pugs current range.

I briefly moved one before and I thought the interior was very well appointed, as others said it'll probably end up rattling but at least visually it looks of nice quality. Funny that the gearshift still had that typical Peugeot notchy feel like all their cars have!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
although i do appreciate peugeot are built this for a market. i think the market is ridiculous. buying a car based entirely on looks is stupid imo.

ofc i think it looks good though

Why? 99.9% of car buyers buy a car for commuting and going places. They don't need something that "handles like its on rails".

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Why? 99.9% of car buyers buy a car for commuting and going places. They don't need something that "handles like its on rails".

if you buy a car for commuting and going places (dependant on distance, frequency of use etc) you look for something comfortable, well specced, decent mpg and im guessing cheapish tax.

if you buy a car for fun you look for power, handling, decent priced etc

it goes on. what i was getting at is that i don't understand how people can say 'i want a new car... this one looks nice, ill take it'

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think you're wrong mate. How much of car sales are actually made up of petrolheads? A small amount!

Janine the marketing lady for eg buys it because it looks superb and sporty and it's new. No one cares about yaw rates and oversteer understeer. It's for pootling around in and looking good.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
im not saying people buy cars because petrol head. that was an example

i was saying if someone wants a car for a purpose, they can have a check list of features/spec the car must have whether its a comfortable commuter, a cheap run around, a weekend toy or an fun daily (for some examples)

i was just saying i cant understand how people can buy cars solely on looks... i know people do, my mam wants a TT for that reason lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think the pre-facelift was better looking but I love the look of these things! Now with "R" content!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27892

PeugeotRCZ_R_05-L.jpg

Is Peugeot on the road back to enthusiasts' hearts? Already in 2013 it has launched the accomplished 208 GTI, and that's being followed by the RCZ R, a performance flagship of Peugeot's TT rival.

Seen as a concept last year and to be officially unveiled at the Festival of Speed next month, the RCZ R is Peugeot's most powerful production car ever and aimed directly at the VW Scirocco R.

It's powered by the same 1.6-litre turbo as the RCZ 200, but with 60hp more at 260hp, just 5hp behind the Scirocco. A Torsen limited-slip differential is standard to help transfer that power to the front wheels. No performance figures have been released, but expect a 0-62mph time of under seven seconds and a top speed around 150mph.

Peugeot is keen to draw parallels between the roadgoing RCZ R and the racing version used in the RCZ Cup. The racer produces 250hp and 214lb ft, and Peugeot claims the bespoke suspension set-up of the RCZ R is influenced by the Cup. Whilst unlikely to match the Cup's 355mm front discs and six-piston calipers, the RCZ R should boast larger brakes than standard. The RCZ R is also likely to weigh a similar amount to the standard RCZ, rather than the 1,070kg of the racing RCZ.

An RCZ R will be driven at Goodwood by Bradley Philpot, Peugeot's 208 GTI ambassador and part of the team that took a clean sweep of podium places in the SP2T class at the N24 recently. Another will be on Peugeot's static display.

The RCZ R will go on sale later this year. Peugeot hasn't yet announced a price, but given the RCZ 200 GT is £26,385 and a manual Scirocco R is £31,735, a figure somewhere between the two seems likely.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
They're nice cars, my mam has the 1.6 petrol. The engine isn't great imo, but the handling is quite decent and I think the interior is actually really nice, full leather dash, and the seats are good!