ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oem pads

b/g 182, meg tourer
what make are oem pads? what are the budget ferodo pads like? i use them on the rear but i don't know how well they would do on the front.

need some front pads soon and im weighing up my options. interested in ds2500's but worth the money? any other suggestions?

BG 182 FF
I have the ds2500 pads and they are worth the money imo however if you aren't going to put your car on the track standard pads are more than enough for road use, however cann't help you on what the make is

Listerine & Poledo
from what people are saying, the other ferodo's do just fine, unless you're treating the A15 like Snetterton or the Whittlesey road like Cadwell?

b/g 182, meg tourer
the car hardly ever sees any track action. gets some b-road abuse now and again tho.
so are the cheaper ferodo pads as good as standard?

Dynamique
DS2500 are suitable for both track and road..they give the best mix. Had them on the EP3 and thought they were great. If your not regularly tracking the car there's no point, IMO, spending extra.

Golf GTD Mk7
from what people are saying, the other ferodo's do just fine, unless you're treating the A15 like Snetterton or the Whittlesey road like Cadwell?

Thats what they are saying, although I have to disagree. I found the standard pads crap tbh. ferodos are good for both. Not much heat required to get them working, so ideal for the road really. Mintex 1144 also, or carbon lorraine rc5+ (although recently they have had a bad rap :S). There are others obviously, but these are the main ones people go for. Avoid Green/redstuff pads. Keep the rears standard too.

b/g 182, meg tourer
right, think i have come to a conclusion.
i think ds2500's are a little to overkill for what i intend on using the car for. im liking the sound of mintex 1144 pads, they seem to be getting very good reviews/ value for money etc. was going to go for oem pads but the mintex are only £22 more and from what i hear they are worth it. would you agree?

172 Cup
I have been looking myself mate and came to conclusion of brembo discs, just need to decide on the pads.

I looked at ds2500's but were a fair bit over budget, found some OMP front pads at a good price £40.

Where have you found the mintex 1144 pads?

b/g 182, meg tourer
I had budget ferrodo's on my old valver setup, they were shockingly good IMO :)

the premier ferodo's? i think a mate runs them and they don't seem too bad at all, and cheaper than oem! :eek:

i don't know what to do! lol. good job i have about 2000miles left on them. enough time to decide, although at this rate im not sure if it is! lol.

ph1-172
i did a trackday on saturday with cheapy pads and they did great, don't get me wrong they coulda been a bit better, didnt have any fade and i used them harder than any b road hero, (that stays on the road).

and i dont have abs was expecting them to be a lil dodgey maybe locking up but had no issues.

i will upgrade before the next trackday but if its just daily use standard pads and sensible braking will treat you well. and the extra £100 comes in handy

I know I sell them, but from a Clio owner point of view the Premiers are fine. I have them on my 182 which only gets used on the road and they are more than up to the job. I expect they would run out of legs pretty quick on track.

b/g 182, meg tourer
ok great :) cheers for that info pete and danny.
i think i will be getting a set of the premiers then, cant see my car getting much track use this year so i dont see the point in ds2500's etc. thanks again guys.