ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - less ’dirty’ pads

Ok, I need new front pads, have read about alternatives to the OEM pads in the archives, such as K Tec kev, Green Stuff etc. What I really want is pads that are at least as good as OEM in terms of stopping power, lack of fade etc, but also some which will not require me to clean the wheels so often. I have never had a car which kicks out so much damm dust! anyone running a pad which is, well, less dirty?

Virtually all aftermarket pads say that they creat less dust.

People have sed before that greenstuff are kak and the k-tec ones are good, then others have disagreed, i think ill prolly go for the greenstuff ones when i need to change mine

Ive used Greenstuff on another car (and the Reds), I found them to kick out loads of dust even the lower dust V4 formula, not keen on trying them again. Anyone using the K-Tec kevlar have a view?

got to agree, EBC pads are awful for brake dust

best for low dust i have seen are black diamond or pagid

I thought K-Tec kevlar were just EBC black pads? (same people that make greenstuff???)

Anyway i got a set of K-tec pads (EBC black) and theyre great, very low dust as well.

Could be, if they are the EBC black believe thats their standard pad for road use. Greens are fast road and light track day use, shorter life therefore more dusty (although promoted as low dust). I didnt have great experience with the greens I used before, but it was only really on the track where they were not up to the job, I guess blacks should be fine for road use.

Skoda Fabia vRS

K-Tec Kevlar pads ARE EBC standard black pads, ive got em on mine and there a lot lower on dust than Renault pads

i think i might get Green Stuff next.................for track use BrynO you might have been better with the Reds