ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Rear Pads

LY R27

Hi,

Just been to the renault dealer for some minor faults including the rear brakes dics rusting. Anyway they say the rear pads are 70% work after 18K, even though the front pads are only 60% worn. I thought the front pads would get the most worn. They want £92 for the rear pads, yeah f**king right!!!! :mad:

Any suggestions, or should I be due rear pads?

LY R27

Its still in the garage mate, I cant beleive the rear are worn more than the fronts after 18K (50% motoway miles). I personally think they may have been stuck on a while and have worn down. They also want £50 for a brake overhaul. what?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Just tell them to keep the existing pads in and you will decide if they need doing. if they do go to k-tec.

Brake discs rust anyway, they are cast iron!

you cant seriously go in and complain about a natural effect can you?

LY R27

Because they were rusting, which was getting worse I thought the rear brakes were not working (I use the cup every day) and the fronts dont rust up at all

Rear disk breaks always suffer the most mate, and more likley to rust than the front disks. Pads will be worn cause of the hard breaking mate down to your driving really. All you need for your disc is to be skimmed and smoothed and if they r not going to do that then you is getting Fcuked up the ass

My rear pads and discs got skimed, cleaned and changed for about £35;) bargain

If it helps......Ive got a Cup....its been thrashed every day and has done 30k - I havent needed rear pads...in fact at the last service they were about 50% worn at 24K.

Unless youve got a binding problem / theyve been stuck on at some point - cant see it needing doing to be honest.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

faulty caliper ? overtightend handbrake ? driving with the handbrake on like a big woman ? ;)

LY R27

Thanks mate ;)

Ok I am going to order the K-tec rear pads, how hard is it to fit the pads, if the pistons are partly seized.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the newer models seem to wear pads a lot quicker than old cars.have done a few cars at work where the rear pads are more worn than the front with no faults with the calipers.the rear discs get more corroded because they do a lot less work than the fronts.the rear pads are easy enough to change just remember you have to wind in the rear pistons on the calipers not just push them in like the front pistons.