ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 Forever ? (Nope, its out on Orange, Vodafone in 2010)

Skoda Fabia vRS
how long will the iPhone only be on O2 ?

i really want one but want to stay with Orange, ive about 6 months left on my contract anyway so no rush

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Re: O2 Forever ?

I'd imagine 02 will be fighting to keep it, they must be getting so much business because of it, i'll always use 02 anyway.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

I heard a rumour that Orange had managed to get in on the deal and the iPhone was coming out on Orange towards the end of this year? Not sure if its bullshite, probably is though lol.

I heard a rumour that Orange had managed to get in on the deal and the iPhone was coming out on Orange towards the end of this year? Not sure if its bulls**te, probably is though lol.

Yeah that's what I heard, though for now, Orange will only get the 3G, leaving the 3GS on O2 only.

Hopefully orange will have it by the end of the year

Skoda Fabia vRS

googling it, it seems everyone may be selling them by October, but if thats the case why no big advertising campaigns ?

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer

o2 is where its at, i fcukin hate orange with a passion. Theyre a bunch of ruthless cnuts.

o2 is where its at, i fcukin hate orange with a passion. Theyre a bunch of ruthless cnuts.

I'd actually say the opposite. O2 seem to think they have the monopoly just now since they have the iPhone, but the coverage is balls.

I'd actually say the opposite. O2 seem to think they have the monopoly just now since they have the iPhone, but the coverage is balls.

Amusing reading about coverage dependant on where you live. Orange inform me that where I live/work has 100% coverage, yet when I was on Orange I could rarely get a connection at home or work, rendering my phone utterly useless. There are still a few people at work on Orange and they hate it, dreadful coverage considering we are in a large town.

I moved to O2 (as have most people in my office now) and have yet to find anywhere with poor coverage.

Skoda Fabia vRS

its not really an uncommon thing though for the entire O2 network to go down though, its been down 3 times in the same month before, and although i cant get signal in an area of Scotland where me and the mrs sometimes go on holiday on Orange, its actually quite nice not to be bothered :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Amusing reading about coverage dependant on where you live. Orange inform me that where I live/work has 100% coverage, yet when I was on Orange I could rarely get a connection at home or work, rendering my phone utterly useless. There are still a few people at work on Orange and they hate it, dreadful coverage considering we are in a large town.

I moved to O2 (as have most people in my office now) and have yet to find anywhere with poor coverage.

I found with orange it was better than 02 in towns/ big cities (not that 02 was what i would say bad), but would it bugger work anywhere else.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i wonder what kind of tarriffs they are going to offer?

Go cry to your momma!

Probably overpriced with capped data knowing orange, unless apple force them to release something decent, against their will!

2014 Focus Titanium

Well I've always been with O2 and are now looking to buy an iPhone this week, but I'm wondering whether to hold off and see what orange have to offer!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

This orange deal hinges on a few things i reckon.
If the t mobile merger doesn't happen, the pricing will be competitive.

If it does then im not sure what happens then.

Its great news for everyone to be honest, i just hope that orange have similarly decent wifi partners.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

O2 has been fine for me - I've been with them since 1998, back in the days of BT Cellnet.

Each and every person has their own views on different networks. Personally, I think they are all as good and as bad as each other. A bit like comparing which petrol station forecourt has better 97RON juice.

D.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ive been on them all.

Orange the worst.
T-Mobile being the best.

O2 and Voda somewhere in between.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Because its been posted in this very thread.

You don't need to repeatedly post the same information.

Barge
Re: O2 Forever ? (Nope, its coming to Orange)

Wow. Although I think it's about time, TBH. They've had the exclusive long enough. I've been on O2 since I've had a contract so 8 years, and before that I was an Orange PAYG pikey because the signal was better in t'valleys where I live. Voda and T Mobile have shocking signal around my way - or used to at least.

But yeah... Great news for most I'd imagine. Even better if it's open to all networks - more people to Emoji with. :D

1.2 16v Dynamique

Woop woop I know what I will be getting early in the new year when my upgrade is due

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No, you don't have mine.

MY10 R35 GTR

Are orange not buying someone over or being bought over??

Nissan Jewk

FFS, Orange are not buying T-Mobile! Its a joint venture.....

DCi

if this comes out in december like the news articles said it might then that is exactly when my contract ends and i can say to o2, i'll stay with you if you give me _____ :D