ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 Forever ? (Nope, its out on Orange, Vodafone in 2010)

Go cry to your momma!
Re: O2 Forever ? (Nope, its coming to Orange)

Not till November at the earliest..o2 have exclusivity until then.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I've heard rumours that the orange tariffs will be MORE expensive than the O2 ones.
But Orange will add POS "freebies" like iTunes vouchers and Accessory's.

Oh and the phone might be slightly less initial outlay on Orange.
But my sources arent as good as they used to be for Orange so this could be wrong.

Personally i expect a mirror of the O2 deals.

Go cry to your momma!

I've heard rumours that the orange tariffs will be MORE expensive than the O2 ones.
But Orange will add POS "freebies" like iTunes vouchers and Accessory's.

Oh and the phone might be slightly less initial outlay on Orange.
But my sources arent as good as they used to be for Orange so this could be wrong.

Personally i expect a mirror of the O2 deals.

I used to work for orange, fully expecting them to be higher priced than o2..they may have considered putting their front end on the iphone (which is always pap and slow) but I doubt apple will allow them to.

It'll be interesting to see weather they release a specific iPhone tarrif and team up with wifi providers to offer the data coverage that o2 do or weather they just force people onto their panther tarrifs which are overly priced but include a data allowance..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Apple wont allow OS mods.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nope.

Then you would need several variants.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Similar to 02 tbh, poor contracts.

750mb?

Go cry to your momma!

Yeah, that's the FUP on pay monthly..Have o2 actually set a solid limit in MB or is it a "don't take the mikey" kinda thing?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Horrendous contract deals. 24 months? Nah, im good.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Horrendous contract deals. 24 months? Nah, im good.

LOL, there will be an Iphone 4gsf at the end of 2 years!!!

They must think people want it so bad that they would do that!!!

They'll do exactly the same.

No point getting into a price battle and them all losing money. Stick with the same prices and share the customers around.

People will stick with their current provider because it's easier.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200

Just had the email through from orange.. Why are the contracts so bad on all networks. 500 texts is awfull, 1000 at least is needed.

A3 Tdi

Just had the email through from orange.. Why are the contracts so bad on all networks. 500 texts is awful, 1000 at least is needed.

Can't agree more! The tariffs are so expensive :(
This is whats pushing me towards the blackberrys :0

1998 BMW e46 323i

They're trying to maintain the place of premium products. From business gcse isn't it called creaming,.. Or taking the p1ss. The iphone's good but come on!

Go cry to your momma!

Tmobile haven't even confirmed that they'll be carrying it :(

Hero Spec Nimbus 200

just ordered my iPhone today from orange. Will be with me on Nov 10th. I've got 600mins Unlimited Texts and obviously unlimited internet for £42 a month

You can get an unlimited text bundle for £7 so added that onto the £35 contract.

Roll on iPhone.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Registered my interest on the voda website, their contracts are usually a bit expensive for new phones anyway.

Citroen DS3 DSport

just ordered my iPhone today from orange. Will be with me on Nov 10th. I've got 600mins Unlimited Texts and obviously unlimited internet for £42 a month

You can get an unlimited text bundle for £7 so added that onto the £35 contract.

Roll on iPhone.

The Unlimited claim which most networks advertise annoys me. Orange should be advertising it for what it is, a 750mb data allowance per month and not unlimited. Credit to o2 as they dropped the data limit cap after some bad press.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

Orange made an update yesterday

"We do recognise that iPhone customers will use popular streaming services such as YouTube, Spotify etc. As a result we do not intend to apply network protection controls to anyone, as long as they are within their usage allowance. The T&Cs are in place to reserve the right to restrict access should they continue to exceed our Fair Usage policy, and our other Mobile data users suffer a reduced data experience as a result."

Limits are 750MB for mobile data and a separate 750MB for BT Openzone wi-fi. Some people apparently have been thinking the wi-fi cap would apply to their home networks too so Orange had to clarify. Doubt it'll make much difference, but....

A spokesman told me the cap would be "reviewed" to make sure that it was at the right level.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2009/11/oranges_unlimited_iphone.html

The Unlimited claim which most networks advertise annoys me. Orange should be advertising it for what it is, a 750mb data allowance per month and not unlimited. Credit to o2 as they dropped the data limit cap after some bad press.

O2 still have a fair usage policy but no actual limit so don't know how they access that. On my non-iPhone o2 contract, my unlimited data bundle comes up as 1GB to use on my bills but for some reason says I use 0 each month :S

Most I've ever used was 400-500MB in month and I was whoring away downloading videos plus the usuals, so don't see what all the fuss about the caps is about really.

Last edited:
  Mountune Tractor

Roll on iPhone.

And how much did you pay for the phone? Which phone did you get? How long is the contract?

My personal opinion is that the iPhone is a massive, massive rip off. I would have to do the £35 contract and add the text bundle to get the same as what I'm on now - so I would have to pay the same £42 a month. The thing is you have to get insurance, you'd be a fool not to and that is an extra £10 a month with orange.
So in total I would have to pay £52 a month just to have an iPhone (£52 x 24 months =£1248!!!! and that's not including the price of the phone itself!!!). No thanks, I will keep my ipod touch and get a lesser phone on a much better contract with a free PS3 or something.

Mountune Tractor

Sorry I got that wrong, insurance on the iPhone is £12 a month! f**king joke.

G/W 200 and project Vdub

whoop whoop! im finaly getting one on tuesday :D

All this hype, but the question is when

Yes I know there is a thread stating O2 are no longer the only provider of the iPhone, and yes I seem to remember Orange getting it yesterday.

My question is, having searched the forum and the amazing Google, when will Vodafone get it?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Re: All this hype, but the question is when

Think towards the start of next year mate, I registered my interest on their website as they are advertising it.

Vodafone could be expensive tho as they know people really want it :(

Could be expensive sim free and pop my awesome contract sim in it tho. Will wait see.

Orange sold 30,000 yesterday.

That's a lot of people who will be b**ching, crying, moaning and then paying a f**king fortune to upgrade to the new one in 8 months.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Might get one next year when it's upgrade time again.

At the minute I will put up with my very basic phone, lol.

Orange sold 30,000 yesterday.

That's a lot of people who will be b**ching, crying, moaning and then paying a f**king fortune to upgrade to the new one in 8 months.

The new one has a laser iirc?

172//Crap Micra//Bus

Is there a new one coming out then? And can T-Mobile customers get this yet? Not that my contract is up yet :(

Citroen DS3 DSport

Is there a new one coming out then? And can T-Mobile customers get this yet? Not that my contract is up yet :(

New iPhone will be out next June based on the existing product cycle. The iPhone is not officially available on T-Mobile yet, most likely early next year.

The comment about the terrible tarriff txt wise, its no probs, if your mates have an iphone or blackberry, you just get an instant messenger chat app