ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R

Looks smart, the only thing that puts me off a jap car is the amount of money i'd spend on the mountain of aftermarket parts available for them.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cheers dude.

Tell me about it! I'm currently debating which exhaust system to get (its between about 4/5 different systems).

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
That's my 400bhp S14A

02881B8B-35EE-4953-90ED-70231632BC9C.jpg

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yes its on SXOC @-Jamie-
Yes I still have it , its my pride and joy and the reason my clio 172 has still not been finished and on track !

Everything on the car is basically brand new and full new genuine Nissan Kouki aero bits

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Thought i had seen it on there, Its a cracking build, Credit to you. Kouki looks the best aero on the 14a by a mile!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Yes I still have it , its my pride and joy and the reason my clio 172 has still not been finished and on track !

Everything on the car is basically brand new and full new genuine Nissan Kouki aero bits

Awesome! You're not too far away from me and i've never seen it around, let alone on sxoc!
Brilliant mate. :cool:

Just had a read of this, looking good mate! Was considering that apexi induction kit for the 33 myself, was about $150, or I could just buy a HKS style mushroom foam filter from work for $35 so I did that haha.

You gonna look into any sort of boost control?

Looked into Apexi's exhaust systems at all?

One of my mates here has a blue S15 spec S, factory auto + non turbo, but he +t'd the stock engine with a t3/t4 turbo and manual swapped it, so basically a spec R :tongueout: Only been in it once, didn't feel too fast, but I'm sure it was just because he wasn't driving hard :tongueout:

I wish people here had the same taste in modifying as we do back home, some right shitter silvia's and skyline's here it's ridiculous.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cheers gents! The Torque GT's stock list is ridiculous. Should have seen the cars parked in the massive garage with mine when I went to pick it up.
Midnight Purple R34 GTR behind it with lots of carbon and Works wheels, a mint DC5 teg, R32 GTR with gold Adavns, etc etc. Insane.

Just had a read of this, looking good mate! Was considering that apexi induction kit for the 33 myself, was about $150, or I could just buy a HKS style mushroom foam filter from work for $35 so I did that haha.

You gonna look into any sort of boost control?

Looked into Apexi's exhaust systems at all?

One of my mates here has a blue S15 spec S, factory auto + non turbo, but he +t'd the stock engine with a t3/t4 turbo and manual swapped it, so basically a spec R :tongueout: Only been in it once, didn't feel too fast, but I'm sure it was just because he wasn't driving hard :tongueout:

I wish people here had the same taste in modifying as we do back home, some right shitter silvia's and skyline's here it's ridiculous.

Cheers dude! It was between the Apexo and HKS but the Apexi seemed more popular due to tests etc so I just bit the bullet :grinning:

I've looked at Apexi systems, but being honest it's between the Kakimoto Regu 06 & r, Fujitsubo RM-01a or a Blitz Nur Spec RX (the quiet version, hah!)
Not looked too much into proper engine work. Wanting to get the coilovers and that sorted first.

Am an considering getting this off DW though...
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/parts-sale-private-sales/232018-greddy-profec-new-oled-version.html

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Yeah it's not bad at all, you can get it brand new for £30 more though, so it's not a massive ordeal to get it right now.
Plus i'm going to NYC in a fortnight so I need to save, lol!! :unamused:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Haha :grinning: they're great! Such head turners too.

Not much to report. Oh wait, I need a clutch really. Feels like the plates fucked as I'm getting horrendous violent juddering when pulling away every so often. Normally when I've been edging along in traffic.

That's all though, it's been superb!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lucky for you a clutch on these is eaaaasy. Mad to think my mates Dad had his on the UK roads 14 years ago now.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It is, but i'm not going to bother just yet. I'll wait until it's pretty much impossible to drive, lol.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Holla peeps!

So I recieved the HSD coilovers about a week ago, along with adjustable camber and toe arms from Hardrace.

Teaser shot from what happened over the weekend, it is finished and was aligned at Demon Tweeks yesterday.
Chose a daily/street drifter set-up for s-chasis's off Driftworks.

It sits superbly and drives so nice. The back is extremely close (talking a few mm) to the arches thanks to high offset and the wheels being 8.5J. No rubbing though. :cool:

IMG_1392_zpseda93kyz.jpg

Fronts on.
IMG_1423_zpsu3yrbzx4.jpg

I have only done 150 miles in it, the coilovers seem great though. More than enough for what I need on a day to day basis.
Running it nearly fully soft, just a few clicks off.

Moar/proper pics in the next day or two. Might also get spacers for the front.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Very nice indeed mate. I drive pass a grey on of these this morning. [emoji41]

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Thanks mate. I've only ever seen one on the road, and that was a couple days after I got mine, LOL!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
A few more from home as I don't have the DSLR until the weekend.

IMG_1439_zpscjceh4sz.jpg

IMG_1438_zpss6aqfxcz.jpg

and the rear wheel...
IMG_1437_zpsjvtmkwty.jpg

It's actually a lot closer in real life. I'm looking at getting those lips in the arches rolled.
Possibly due to pricing up some Japan Racing 18's at 9.5j :cool:

For those interested, these are the alignment specs;
FRONT
camber 2'50"
castor 7'30"
toe 0'00"

REAR
camber 1'10"
toe 0'00"

RESULT:
Positive steering feel
Will not grab or snap
Stable and consistent control

Last edited:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Lol, Tom.

What do you plan on using this for Phil?

Other than being my daily, it'll be attending Oulton Park drift days and possibly a couple others elsewhere.
Being worried about it hitting hard things though as it's very hard to get hold of replacement body parts. But we'll see what happens.

Most rainy evenings are fun in it too! :wink: