ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I'd go for Kakimoto over HKS mate, Most if not all HKS exhausts are mild steel, so depending on how long you plan to keep it, it may go rusty, they also sit quite low.
I had a Kakimoto hyper Full mega N1 (genuinely what its called) on My Integra Type-R and it was a piece of art.

Cheers for the info mate!
The system i'm interested is called 'Kakimoto Regu 06&r'...lol

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Nothing huge to update, but i've received a new black nylon gear knob. It feels nice and I will include a couple of pics over the weekend after i've tidied a little plastic bit underneath it.
Will probably just spray it black or something to match the knob...

Other news is that i've ordered an overnight part from Japan...it's an Apexi intake and will be here Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Lol it has indeed, but I saw someone that he was unsure and 'testing the water' with it.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Really? One of my only gripes with the SR20 is they sound like a wet fart.

Aye, it sounds good with the hammer down.
I know what you mean though, normal tootling around, especially on a cold morning they sound a bit ill. It's the noisiest engine I've had.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I've been offered a Nismo Pro Spec catback exhaust for £120. Not sure if it's too big/doesn't suit it though...
It's in REALLY good nick, it'll polish up to near enough new condition.

It's only 2.6 inch pipe size though (3 would be ideal for an aftermarket system) and i'm not sure if i'm only interested because it's £120 quid. Lol.

Quick photoshop of how it'll look, pretty much actual size. Opinions?
I know the quality of the exhaust in its w**k. Just a visual.

IMG_0617 copy nismo cat back.JPG

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
In an unrelated matter, I think it'd look better with the Nissan badge on the boot ! :)

For £120 you might as well, if you don't like it flip it.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
You think dude? :smirk:

And that is true!
It's a one piece system, so re-selling and posting may be a c**t.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You think dude? :smirk:

And that is true!
It's a one piece system, so re-selling and posting may be a c**t.

Na the Nissan badge and Silvia are terrible. If you had anything you'd have to go for the Silvia "S" lightening strike. Better off debadged though.

As for the exhaust, why not! You really aren't going to see any difference between 2.75 and 3" at your spec. Edit, just seen it's 2.6. Still, why not.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
TBH, I doubt the 0.4 of an inch would make much of a difference even at stage 1 would it?
It's a tad wider over standard so win/win I guess.

Might have to buy it!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Slight update...

Missed out on the Nismo exhaust, was pondering for to long and it got snapped up. I did however receive and fit this:
IMG_0718_zps0ae6a2c2.jpg

Useful instructions...lol.
IMG_0720_zpsc8642f9a.jpg

Fitted (bay is still clean)
IMG_0730_zps494ddced.jpg

Not going to lie, it was a grade A c**t to fit. It was f**king freezing and i fucked my fingers and hands over multiple times.
It sounds ace though! Really freed up some turbo noise.

Also got this in the post. Hardrace gearbox mount, hoping to get this, a box oil change and a diff oil change done over the next couple of weeks.
IMG_0713_zpsd390b971.jpg

I'm not sure what else will come before xmas now but hoping for a good deal on HSD's and camber arms in the new year :grinning:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Not much to update, few things have happened though. It had a few oil changes...
First was the engine oil Fusch Titan SuperSyn 5w-40. The oil was changed on arrival into the UK but it had turned black rather quickly.

Second was the gearbox, Redline MT90 was put in, overfilled by 0.3ltrs and the shifting is now smooth(er). This is also enhanced by the gearbox mount, it's made one hell of a difference!

Third was the diff oil, Fuschs Syn5 was popped into this. No problems.

Sorted the squeeky clutch out too, it was the pivot that just needed a clean and greasing up.
Also picked up a brace for a grand total of £16.00! Fitted it yesterday and gave everything a wipe over.
FullSizeRender_zps1fa3a337.jpg

I reckon I might have a package coming over from GKTECH in Australia for christmas. We'll have to wait and see. Coilovers next month too.
And some proper pictures...:laughing:

2003 Clio 172 Sport
Love the s15's. Although I've always wanted an s13, don't know why it's just something about them.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I definitely know what you mean. They're just so cool!
I have flirted with a few in the past, it's just rot that has put me off.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
And for those interested, some more pictures of the actual car. Not the best because my trusty DSLR is on the blink, but better than nothing...😞
Really want to shoot it during the evening, the paint looks amazing in certain lights.

IMG_0801_zps4874571a.jpg

IMG_0803_zpsdc83158b.jpg

IMG_0808_zpsbc2e6be3.jpg

IMG_0797_zps56e919e2.jpg

IMG_0810_zps0ab5d311.jpg

The arch gap is definitely not as big as one or two shots make out. It needs the coilovers though, lol.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Haha, cheers guys!

The looks and thumbs up you get are awesome. Had loads of people comment when i've parked up too.
Two of which.. "is that one of those skylines mate?" :unamused:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Hahah!

Also heard blokes outside work trying to guess what it was by the 'S'/lightening bolt badge.
They settled on Subaru 😂

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Are those blue seats?

Call yourself a Liverpool fan....

Plastic.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Nothing much to report. Got this cooling panel for Christmas off the missus and fitted it at the weekend.
It's like a piece of art and fits perfectly (unlike loads of others on the market). Gorgeous.

IMG_0869_zps4fdcd070.jpg