ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 182 Turbo Project

turbo 182
More torque maybe? Dunno really mine is pretty thirsty in high boost
Mine is thirsty either setting, 1st time around croft I done 4x 15 mins sessions on low boost = 3/4 a tank
Yesterday I must of done 6-7 sessions on high boost and user just over 3/4 of a tank,
Weather was similar Both days aswell and there had been no other tweaks either

TWS

LY 182 Turbo
Mine is thirsty either setting, 1st time around croft I done 4x 15 mins sessions on low boost = 3/4 a tank
Yesterday I must of done 6-7 sessions on high boost and user just over 3/4 of a tank,
Weather was similar Both days aswell and there had been no other tweaks either
I hope I can do 6-7 sessions on 3/4 of a tank I'd be happy with that, but track is thirsty even N/A.
I was meaning more general road use, on low boost I can average 38-40 mpg on a long run high boost 35 mpg at best usually closer to 30 mpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Can I ask a couple of questions as we are on the subject of turbos. If the ECU is replaced for an adaptronics one does any of this still work:
cruise control
trip computer including mpg +how much fuel is left in miles
all the dash lights
alarm and imobiliser

Dropped my car in with Andy on saturday for a stage 3 package and saw a load of clios and meganes in his workshop - Georges BG was there and looked awesome. Really jealous of his o2m which I might have to get if I start breaking gearboxes.

Those yellow brakes look awesome , perfect colour for your car mate. Would recommend a new master cylinder for getting the pedal harder. I found you had to double pump to get good pressure without a new MC.

turbo 182
I hope I can do 6-7 sessions on 3/4 of a tank I'd be happy with that, but track is thirsty even N/A.
I was meaning more general road use, on low boost I can average 38-40 mpg on a long run high boost 35 mpg at best usually closer to 30 mpg
Even on the road mine is bad on fuel, Andy also agrees, but I didn't buy it to be ecomomical lol

turbo 182
Can I ask a couple of questions as we are on the subject of turbos. If the ECU is replaced for an adaptronics one does any of this still work:
cruise control
all the dash lights
alarm and imobiliser

Dropped my car in with Andy on saturday for a stage 3 package and saw a load of clios and meganes in his workshop - Georges BG was there and looked awesome. Really jealous of his o2m which I might have to get if I start breaking gearboxes.

Those yellow brakes look awesome , perfect colour for your car mate. Would recommend a new master cylinder for getting the pedal harder. I found you had to double pump to get good pressure without a new MC.
Yes everything will work, carnt comment on cruise control tho as I have a sabelt wheel now, which master cylinder did you go for? I've just had megane 4 pots fitted and have to keep jabbing the pedal for the brakes to work properly

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yes everything will work, carnt comment on cruise control tho as I have a sabelt wheel now, which master cylinder did you go for? I've just had megane 4 pots fitted and have to keep jabbing the pedal for the brakes to work properly
Ive got megane ones too but mine seem great and dont need a master cylinder - the pedal isnt rock hard though and i quite like having a tiny bit of travel to vary the pressure .
On the 406 brembos there is a fair bit of travel and i cant quite remember which MC to go for - perhaps a 197 one but you would have to search.

Thats awesome that everything works with adaptronics ecu, makes life easy .

TWS

LY 182 Turbo
cruise control
all the dash lights
alarm and imobiliser

My cruise control doesn't work but every thing else does
Mine is like a stage 2.5 as it's forged but running the smaller Gt2560rs as I wanted a quicker spool up.
Yeah the colour match is pretty good, purely luck though as I only bought them as a friend was selling them cheap and I hadn't seen them till I picked them up. I might look into the new MC.

RB Clio 182
Everything still works on mine including cruise, the only think that doesn't work is the traction control light doesn't light up because they have to mess with the lights behind the clocks, i asked Andy about it and he said that's one of the things that cant be prevented unfortunately.

It doesn't bother me tho, its still works and at night you can still see you have turned it off as theres a dim glow of orange round where the tc symbol is, its faint tho.

TWS

LY 182 Turbo
Ah that's good mate, I'd quite like my cruise control to work as I regularly drive from North of Newcastle to Sheffield for the football, so would have been nice.