ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Tce 100 (Turbo lagging)

Clio III 1.2 Tce 100
Hi,i am new to this forum and sorry for my English because im not from native English language country.I bought this car last week and i notice that when the car pulls after 2200rpm sometimes i feel that there is in lag in accerlation when the turbo is opened.It pulls normally and then for 1 second it slows down and pulls again normally.I havent notice any smoke behind.When the car is cold sometimes i hear ‘whistle’ but than sound dissapear.I tested the car on highway and i cant notice any problem about turbo,no whistling and no problem about turbo boost,usually lag happens on uphill and when i change gear down it pulls normally.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
really need plugged into a diagnostics machine to see what's going on when the boost drops off. Sounds like its probably a boost pressure sensor or detecting a missfire and cutting power.

Had a recent service with sparkplugs to rule them out?

Clio 3 1.2 Extreme
In addition to the code check, probably worth checking for loose clamps, cracks or other damage in the air intake duct system, any air leak between the turbocharger and the throttle body, including the charge air cooler assembly, and any splits, kinks or improper connections at the vacuum hoses.

Clio III 1.2 Tce 100
Thank you guys! I changed spark plugs and problem is solved,here is a picture of one of them .

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26