ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Y0 - My new project **** PG36 - Breaking ****

F82 M4
Re: JDM Y0 - My new project - *** New rocker cover fitted PG14***

What do you do for a living by the way Ben?

Thanks mate :) I work at Vodafone :)

Todays job, finally got round to fitting my new front discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads, cleaned the wheel arches and coilovers as well. As im anal ill be looking to get new arch linings at the end of the month.

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

Only a tiny amount of copper grease used to stop squeaking like my last set on the other EP3. Also will be looking into a wheel refurb soon as well, as the fronts are pretty bad.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

How much would stock discs and pads cost to change do youthink? Just in case mine need doing anytime soon?

n/a

how are you finding the brakes disc set up? i have bought brembos all around with the stoptech fast road pads they dont seem as sharp as they should. maybe need to buy me some ferodos

F82 M4

I've got Bremtech grooved discs on the front with Stoptech pads and Goodridge braided hoses. It's an awesome setup, I can litterally stop on a frozen pea! :cool:

172, Focus

Defo go for your wheel refurb! Transforms the car, took me a couple of days to all 4 of mine.

DSC01242.jpg

plenty of rubbing!

DSC01244.jpg

This the colour that came from the code that Honda gave me, hmmm, not correct!

DSC01245.jpg

much better!

n/a

Fronts are spot on, had the set up before was spot on :)

you thought about the brake stopper? some people say its useless ans some say it does improve the feel.

btw really nice car and enjoying reading the thread some good work gone into it.

quite a few ep3 owners on here quite surprised.

Brake stopper = w**k! IMO of course!

Few new bits arrived from Honda -

When Stevie fitted my bushes to the front ARB, we noticed it was abit damaged, so ive ordered two new brackets along with new bolts.

Ive also ordered new nuts for the top of my front suspension, some new screws for the bit that atttaches the arch liner to the wing and the plastic gromit they screw into.

The nuts for the top of the front struts are only 1p each from Hondaoriginalparts!! BARGAIN

62ad620f.jpg

More updates soon!

Mk2 Ph2 1.2

Nice car but you went OTT with the red bolts IMO. The ones on the rocker cover looked well and maybe even the wings? But too far with manifold and slam pannel. But its not my car, just what i think :) Other than that it looks really nice mate.

Swift Sport

There's usually some kicking about on the Honda forums.

Where do you guys get aftermarket parts from, like who are the Honda versions of ktec?

Also what's it like importing parts from Japan lots of extra costs involved?

Overnight parts from Japan? LOL, its really expensive, delivery, import tax etc bump the costs up. So you cant just buy like a sticker, as the delivery and duty etc is like £25

loads and loads of places in the uk, like more than you can shake a stick at, one benefit of Honda is the aftermarket parts that are available.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

For Aftermarket stuff, Theres Funky Power, Tegiwa, V-Tec Direct, Eightspeed etc and If You fancy a laugh, Tougue Distribution. I still lok at brake kits that cost more than my Car :)

You seriously can change every single part, the tuning is endless.

I have contacts in Hong Kong and China, I was getting around 50-100 parcels a month through them without a penny import tax, Japan seems a diferent kettle of fish though!

F82 M4

Tegiwa are good imo. It's all copies of original products for half the price of the genuine parts. Not sure how they get around copywrite laws to be honest!

Tegiwa are good imo. It's all copies of original products for half the price of the genuine parts. Not sure how they get around copywrite laws to be honest!

Wrong, not only are they ripping off other designs the fitment of there stuff is shite. Have a look on Honda forums and there's endless amounts of hate.

Most people who use Tegiwa don't even know they're not original products. :(

Renault Traffic

X2 tegiwa do not have a great repuatation nowadays for the fact have their stuff is crap fitment

There airbox is very good IMO, and id only buy a gruppe m over one second hand.

Most of there other stuff i wouldnt be interested in, but the airbox is awesome imo

F82 M4

Wrong, not only are they ripping off other designs the fitment of there stuff is s**te. Have a look on Honda forums and there's endless amounts of hate.

Most people who use Tegiwa don't even know they're not original products. :(

I've never had a problem with their products to be honest. I've got their airbox, manifold and short shifter and it appears to be good quality stuff. I did say "imo" :cool:

Swift Sport

I think a Tegiwa induction kit is expensive, so funk knows how much a Gruppe M is!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

The GM new is £800 isnt it?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

About £850 for the GM

The Mugen one is £1400 lmao

Swift Sport

Sod that for an induction kit! I'd rather spend the money on some Rotas lol.

Swift Sport

Yeah... I bet if I bought a Tegiwa and Rotas instead of their expensive counterparts I'd have saved myself a small fortune!

As for people moaning about fakes, who gives a toss? People copy CD's and DVD's all the time, for some people buying fake/imitation stuff is the only way they can afford things. We're not all moneybags, especially Clio and Civic owners!

Agreed. I think with the Jap scene its all about bragging rights etc.

Didnt really bother me, as the Tegiwa is an awesome air filter, and its a copy of one of the best (apart from the CAI) so it cant be bad :)

Swift Sport

Ironic really as the Japanese have been the kings of copying for years!

Genuine exhaust bolts, springs and new captive bolts and locking nuts for the other end of the bpipe - For when my new one arrives ;)

IMG_1649.gif