ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its Coming ... But How Much?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Back to std wheels and stickers are not good. Other than that fine colour choice and a bit thirsty they are 24 - 25 average i reckon.

SG9 Forester STi
They are hard to get good mpg out of but I wouldn't think anyone buying a Renault sport would be going for MPG of the year award :).

Once you get it back to it's former glory it's a lovely car and I do like the colour. Definitely keep the spoiler, it looks naked without it lol!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Standard wheels and rip off the stickers and it'll be a tidy motor that!

Personally I'd be selling those CF side and splitter things but thats just my opinion. Definitely keep the spoiler, finishes off the back end nicely :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
They are hard to get good mpg out of but I wouldn't think anyone buying a Renault sport would be going for MPG of the year award :).

Once you get it back to it's former glory it's a lovely car and I do like the colour. Definitely keep the spoiler, it looks naked without it lol!

Have you gat a time at the pod for yours yet Vicky ;) ?

Mini Cooper S
Will look very nice once wheels and stickers are removed. Good luck with the car, well done on the purchase :)

Megane 275 trophy006
Mine is an earlier 197 (youra has a revised gearbox compared to mine)
I average 28-30 daily and max of 35 on motorway journeys (and I can't resist the loud pedal)

Black speedlines on an AB 197 look amazing. I know as that's what are currently on mine.
Good thing you grabbed one with the spoiler a sideskirts. Those are being brought in the next few months and are seriously expensive!
If you haven't got the front splitter then I'd invest in one to complete it.
I do love my stickers but that is a bit ott.
If you want something different remove the stickers and black vinyl the roof and spoiler :cool:

RS6 C7
Remove the "clio 197" sticker & leave the stripes and it will look good i think, Wheels are god dam awful but there going anyway :) Look forward to seeing it transformed.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Back to std wheels and stickers are not good. Other than that fine colour choice and a bit thirsty they are 24 - 25 average i reckon.

my god, it wont be as bad as that!!!! a modded megane 225 will still go 28mpg!!

Clio RS200 GW
At the end of the day its your car so you will decide what you like and dont like. Colour is great just get the car put fuel in then go and drive the life out it they are made for it get on a Renault track day to see what it can really do. Its a great car and best of all its yours so do what you want with it. You could put a top racer on here and people would like and not like its what makes the world go round. I have to say though wheels ewwwwwwww lmao .:nono::rasp:

Albi Blue 197
Thank you for all your replies :)

MPG isnt too bad really ... I know it's not as good as a Fiesta but I am expecting that and I want a fast car ;)

Went and paid for it yesterday and they have assured me those wheels will be given to me in the car with the originals back on the car :) So now I have to find a mug who likes those beautiful wheels :S LOL

Will take a picture when I get it on Friday as proof that it looks alright really :rasp: Hehe!

Thank you for all your replies :)

MPG isnt too bad really ... I know it's not as good as a Fiesta but I am expecting that and I want a fast car ;)

Went and paid for it yesterday and they have assured me those wheels will be given to me in the car with the originals back on the car :) So now I have to find a mug who likes those beautiful wheels :S LOL

Will take a picture when I get it on Friday as proof that it looks alright really :rasp: Hehe!

Good luck with that - I don't know any car those wheels would look good on!

Megane 275 trophy006
There will be someone out there who will buy those (look at the cars original owner for instance)
Stick them up on eBay no reserve. They'll go.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've had 4 197's and 1 200 and 25mpg is pretty much spot on. They are horrendous on fuel for what they are.

thats hideous. The megane's had a duff lambda recently and only just went down to 24mpg, and it's running 1.3 bar!!!!!

Megane 275 trophy006
So am I seriously the only one who manages 28-30 on a daily basis. It's not a one off either as I reset my trip computer each time I fill up and over the 320-380 miles I get from the tank that's my average (also the trip computer isn't as accurate re mpg as it could be)
I've seen 450 miles from a full tank when I did Blackpool and back, that worked out at a little over 37mpg yet the trip computer under read it as 34mpg.
I don't granny drive either.

Any particular reason why the 192/200 are so bad compared to the 172/182?

182s for instance easily get 42+ on the motorway and 33 combined even when "having fun" on a journey.

Megane 275 trophy006
I think it's mostly down to the weight

Also the gearing isn't helpful. Early 197s suffer the worst as the gears are closer and lower.
Later 197 got a revised box that made gearing better and the 200s got another revision in the mapping and gearing (from what I've gathered)

Clio RS 200 Cup
My Trip computer is reading 22.8mpg. Don't know how accurate it is, need to do the maths as some point to check

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
It will be a lovely car with black wheels! Don't know why people decide to put hidious wheels on a clio, when the standard ones are already great looking :s

As vickey said, if you want a car for mpg, then don't buy a RS. All depends how your drive it though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This is what you should be aiming for (my old'un)

;)

DSC04410.jpg

Rusty Cup
I think it's mostly down to the weight

People say that but i dont believe thats the case. The difference in weight between the 200 cup and a 182 is 88kg that additional weight does not account for the difference in mpg. 182 38mpg easily, 200 28mpg driving slowly.