ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its Coming ... But How Much?

Albi Blue 197
I get my new car on Friday (YAY) and I just wondered what the fuel consumption is like :\

I had a Fiesta ST and I know that was quite juicey but now going from a 1.6 Zetec S to this is my new hobby going to be going to the petrol station?

Thanks,
Claire
391905_10150975903990451_732420450_22120786_1475300568_n.jpg

Play nice children.

Claire, the mods on your new car don't tend to be that popular on here. It's a lovely car as standard and has been totally ruined.

As for MPG, there are hundreds of threads, have a quick search and you shall find. But you'll get around 30MPG if you're lucky/careful.

RB 182
I think people were making comments because of the wheels and stickers.

Not my cup of tea but long as your pleased with it. Probably will be more thirsty than a 1.6 fiesta but worth it IMO.

what are your plans are you leaving as is? Would look much better without the stickers and on some standard alloys IMO.

Albi Blue 197
The wheels will be back to standard when I get it as they can not sell it with those wheels in the picture on.

Yeah it's different but who cares ... its not your car! Theres no need to be nasty really is there

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What revels said, lose the stickers and change the wheels... I have now saved everyone from posting :p

Why would someone spec cup spoiler and skirts and then put those wheels on :s that wasn't meant to offend you, I know you've just bought it

RB 182
The wheels will be back to standard when I get it as they can not sell it with those wheels in the picture on.

Yeah it's different but who cares ... its not your car! Theres no need to be nasty really is there

I wasn't being nasty.

I just said IMO the car would look better without the wheels and stickers.

Its your car though so do whatever makes you happy.

Albi Blue 197
The wheels will be off when I get it and the standard ones on ... the clio 197 is also coming off as I dont like that either.

Other than that everything else is staying ... I heard people pay alot for the carbon fibre kit and spoiler?

Nice colour 197. My favourite for them.

My I suggest removal of the stickers and putting some standard wheels back on it then it would look perfect imo.

As for fuel consumption my friend does around 27/28mpg per fuel tank. That's some spirited and general driving.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
That'll look great when the wheels are put back to normal and stickers removed. Keep the spoiler, it adds a nice touch!

Thanks Emma :)

As revels already pointed out 99% of the people on here prefer oem+. So you probably will get a few comments about the stickers. Glad to hear you've already planned to get them wheels back to standard.

Have a search through the forum you will find some awesome oem+ projects for some inspiration.

Ohh and watch out for the sharks. They should be along to warmly welcome you soon lol :)

Albi Blue 197
Okay thank you Emma ... I totally understand that how it looks in that picture isn't to everyones taste but even I don't like those wheels :\

And I thought the stickers were on from Renault as standard as it's only had one owner and he claimed to have added nothing?

Thank you for the advise :)

Nice colour 197. My favourite for them.

My I suggest removal of the stickers and putting some standard wheels back on it then it would look perfect imo.

As for fuel consumption my friend does around 27/28mpg per fuel tank. That's some spirited and general driving.

Agreed, best colour for them.

AK

M240i
Change the wheels and lose the stickers and you'll have a nice machine :D.

Get speedlines on it if you want to be a hero :D.

Hi Claire, on my 200 which I dont think is much different MPG wise I do inbetween 20-22mpg depending on distance etc and about 32-34 mpg on Motorways. Tyres are around £100 if you look around cof conti sports.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A fantastic choice in colour. Get some OE wheels on it and remove all the stickers and it'll look much better.

Less is more.

Albi Blue 197
Hi Claire, on my 200 which I dont think is much different MPG wise I do inbetween 20-22mpg depending on distance etc and about 32-34 mpg on Motorways. Tyres are around £100 if you look around cof conti sports.

Thats not as bad as I thought on mpg ... I was expecting 20 or something silly!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Get some Turinis (sheepish), there is a similar example on here and it looks fantastic, not many people can say it looks bad.. The stickers ruin it for me, but then again still a good buy.

Albi Blue 197
Get some Turinis (sheepish), there is a similar example on here and it looks fantastic, not many people can say it looks bad.. The stickers ruin it for me, but then again still a good buy.

Good swap you mean ;) They are stuck with my Zetec now lol!

The other wheels are the graphite grey ones that are on most clio sports?

MPG isn't the best in the world. I'll see 30 on a motorway if I'm lucky, sat at 70/80 max. Day to day driving I get anywhere inbetween 26-28, that's driving sensibly with the occasional bit of spirited driving.

If you really push it expect to see 20ish. I only saw that low on the ring.

Glad to hear you're changing the wheels ;).

Albi Blue 197
MPG isn't the best in the world. I'll see 30 on a motorway if I'm lucky, sat at 70/80 max. Day to day driving I get anywhere inbetween 26-28, that's driving sensibly with the occasional bit of spirited driving.

If you really push it expect to see 20ish. I only saw that low on the ring.

Glad to hear you're changing the wheels ;).

Hehe ;) Thanks ... I just took a picture of it at the garage but they had said they cant sell it to me with them on so may have said PHEW very loud and walked off :)

Hehe ;) Thanks ... I just took a picture of it at the garage but they had said they cant sell it to me with them on so may have said PHEW very loud and walked off :)

I don't think they could sell it to anyone with those wheels :p.

Enjoy the car, try not to think about the MPG too much, I did when I got mine after owning a 172, and it kinda ruined it for me as I was always checking to see what I was averaging. Stopped doing it now and just enjoy the car for what it is. As that used to see 35-36 day to day driving.